Koch Industries Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.9

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Initially, they start with an HR phone screen where the HR rep asks a few basic questions about your experience. If you pass that, the hiring manager then gives you a phone call. This one is much more in depth (about 45-60min) discussing industry experience and how you could apply it to the position. If you do well on that, they will bring you onsite. This consisted of two multi-person interviews. One with the HR rep, hiring manager, and someone else part of the team. The next one was with a manager from another department and an engineer.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions: Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Why did you apply? Explain your experience. Some situational questions to gauge how you would respond.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Pretty simple, but detailed interview process. Applied online thru job board and got an email to schedule a phone interview. HR manager interviewed with very basic screening questions for 15-20 minutes. She told me that she would reach out surely within a week to schedule another phone interview with the Controller and Accounting Manager. A week later, interviewed with the controller and accounting manager over the phone. This interview was very detailed and everything on the resume was asked a question about. Interview was scheduled to be half hour but lasted well over an hour. 2 weeks later, I was called on site for the third interview. This interview was 4.5 hours long, 30 minutes each with certain executives and managers. Mostly behavioral and situational questions, nothing too technical.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I talked to Koch representative at a college career fair and also applied on the company website. The university also lets you sign up for on campus interviews, so I signed up and was given an interview. We discussed what I was interested in at the campus interview, and later I was given an on site interview with one of their subsidiaries.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you did something for someone that wasn't your responsibility.   Answer Question

Global Human Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Very long process took approximately 4 weeks to get through the process. Called back multiple times, interviewed with various departments. Interviewed with future subordinate which I do not believe is a good practice.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions, no surprises.   1 Answer

Applications Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Six one hour interviews. Mostly with team members and direct managers. Human resources is the liaison between you and the hiring manager. The overall process is pretty standard compared to other mid-sized corporations.Six one hour interviews. Mostly with team members and direct managers. Human resources is the liaison between you and the hiring manager. The overall process is pretty standard compared to other mid-sized corporations.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied online and within 2 weeks I was informed that I was selected to take part in a telephone interview within the next few days. They were very accommodating to my work schedule and the telephone interview lasted about 25 minutes...mainly we discussed why I chose Koch, what were my salary requirements, and what was I planning for my career. My in-person interview lasted about 4 hours and I was interviewed by 5 different people on the trading floor whom, if I got the position, I would be working with daily. The interview was very extensive but offered me an in-depth look at the people who make the company.

Interview Questions

• In what ways do you use statistical analysis outside of the office and in your personal life?   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at Koch Industries (Houston, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

HR interviews and technical interviews
    Round of interviews with 3-4 people
    Takes over 5 hrs to complete

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 or 10 years?   1 Answer