Koch Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

3.2

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Reno, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview took place in two parts: 1) a phone interview with a recruiting specialist in Wichita, and 2) a three part in-person interview at the Reno, NV office. The first interview was a generic personality/work ethic interview with questions such as "what is your greatest strength/weakness". The phone interview lasted about 30-40 minutes. The second round of interviews included an interview with the following positions: 1) an hour long in-person interview with the director of strategy/Reno office manager, 2) a 30 minute skype interview with a manager in the I.T. department in Wichita, and 3) a 30 minute skype interview with the manager of the cloud architecture department. Overall, the interviews were focused upon your fit in their culture and your previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced conflict within a team.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

Very behavioral based, be ready for situation, reaction and action. They will ask a lot about times you have dealt with certain situations at previous positions, a lot about mistakes and how you reacted. They are looking for people who fit their culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you got difficult feedback or made a mistake   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Applied using the web and on their site; basically the same day the job was posted. I not only met, but exceeded all requirements. Never got call back, but a thank you letter after 5 days that I was not selected. I wonder how diversity looks like in there...? Not even a phone screen!

Interview Questions

Koch Industries Response

Feb 13, 2017

I am sorry to hear you had a poor experience. We have highly competitive jobs with thousands of applicants flowing, so we know there are some amazing folks that get missed along the way. Project ... More

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Stillwater, OK).

Interview

Standard questions, interviewer was not personable at all and seemed disinterested from the beginning. After asking around a bit I learned that it is actually currently more difficult to get a job as a man; Koch is attempting to diversify and are intentionally hiring more women now. Heard back via email after a few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you found a creative solution to a problem   Answer Question

Koch Industries Response

Dec 21, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We’re sorry you had a disappointing interview experience. At Koch, we take seriously our commitment to non-discrimination and equal opportunity and we strive to treat everyone with dignity, respect ... More

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

I had three total interviews - one on university campus one time and two on the same day at the Koch Campus in Wichita, K.S. There was an employee to guide you around to your interviews. They do everything in a very organized and timely manner. Everyone was very kind and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What is a project you have worked on where you didn't see eye to eye with another group member? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

Passed through a round of on-campus interviews and then was invited to an on-site interview. Interviewer asked very standard behavioral based questions. Be prepared to answer basic online template based questions.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries in October 2016.

Interview

I completed an on campus interview and was asked to go to Wichita for a second round of interviews. Each interview lasted between 30-45 minutes and were very comfortable. All three interviewers made me feel extremely relaxed and at home. The original interview was Koch Industries while the second was with Invest, a Koch subsidiary.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you failed at a task and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bagdad, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Bagdad, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

It is a very big company which is work to produce fertilizer in south of iraq . Its government company that get very good benefits and cover all the needed of iraq for this matter.

Interview Questions

• They ask me to reporting them about finance ,marketing, buying raw material and planning   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Tulsa, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through university and received an on campus interview. Received a call a few days later for an on site interview. Interviewers were very nice and helpful. Everyone seemed to share the same values that the company is based around.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you thought you did not receive the recognition that you thought you should have.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you saw a process and came up with a better way to do it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

very casual first interview, heard back the next day after speaking at career fair. asked some behavioral questions. Ended up not getting the job because they don't hire seniors as interns.

Interview Questions

• asked about a time of conflict, projects; asked about goals, time I had to meet a deadline. why work for koch. show interest in the actual position you are interviewing for. have specific examples ready.   Answer Question