Koch Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

EHS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in October 2019.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first one was less than 30 minutes. There were a lot of behavioral STAR based questions guided towards seeing if you fit into the company culture. The second interview was at the Koch Campus in Wichita. The experience was great overall. There were 4 interviews for FT and 2 interviews for part time. I enjoyed each interview. Everyone was extremely conversational and did not make me feel like I was being interrogated.
    Koch is extremely respectful of your time. The interview process was quick from interview to offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to tell someone something difficult?
      Tell me about a time when you made a mistake?
      Tell me about yourself?
      I was asked about specific events on my resume...
      Tell me about how you have made an impact in your previous positions?   Answer Question

Nov 11, 2019 – Branding & Marketing Talent Acquisition Specialist

I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and congrats on accepting the offer. I am happy to hear that your interview experience was an overall great experience and positive first impression. We appreciate feedback on our interview process and I will be sure to pass this on to the appropriate leadership team. Thank you and welcome! -Molly from Talent Solutions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

The interview process was fine. I had a phone screen and an in person interview. I got to meet multiple team members and managers. Overall it was very informative and I felt like they cared about my time.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you took the initiative to seek out work that was not assigned to you.   Answer Question

Confidential Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

I had a positive experience at the site I interviewed and visited, but the HR staff in Kansas I corresponded with were rude, unresponsive, and did not make me feel valued. They refused to provide updates during a longer-than-usual interview process and showed no personality for being the face of a great company. Additionally, the HR rep knew very little about the Koch company I was interviewing for. After my in-person interview, HR refused to answer my emails when I asked about my interview process and could not provide any constructive feedback afterward. Maybe they should be reminded that they too were once job seekers and should respect candidates as such.

My advice: please treat job seekers with respect and be courteous. Job hunting in this market is stressful. If a candidate makes it as far to the interview stage, they did something right. Treat everyone like a potential employee and 'sell' your brand by building excitement for Koch Industries and represent your company's values.

Interview Questions

• Know the Guiding Principles and reference them often in your interview   Answer Question

Mar 11, 2020 – Branding & Marketing Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hello, this is Molly from Talent Solutions and I wanted to first thank you for not only taking the time to leave us a review but for the time interviewing and considering us as well. I am disappointed to read of your feedback as we work hard as an organization to proudly share what makes us a great employer and team to join. You are right, job searching can be a stressful process for any job seeker and it is important to provide an informative but also positive candidate experience for any interviewee we meet with, regardless of the decision outcome. Please know that I am sharing this with the appropriate leadership team as a reminder and opportunities to improve. Thank you again and I wish you all the best.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

I applied online and a couple weeks later they sent an online interview link that I had to record. There were about 8 questions to answer. I did not prep well and received an email a couple days later saying they were not moving forward with my application.

TaxInterview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online through their website. I got a video call screening 2 week later then I got selected for on-campus interview which was two hours long and with 3 people. Interview process was not bad but the experience was okay. Not clear instructions on when you will hear back from them etc.

Interview Questions

• What is your dream job?
      And A LOT of Behavior/Situational based questions.   Answer Question

Mar 11, 2020 – Branding & Marketing Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for leaving us a review and sharing your candid interview experience. Although “not bad” and “okay” might be good for some, we strive for a great candidate experience and you provide some good reminders on the importance of timely communication from beginning to end for our candidates. I am sharing this feedback with the appropriate recruiting and leadership group as opportunities moving forward. Thank you again and all the best- Molly from Talent Solutions

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS).

Interview

I applied online and received a phone screen about 2 weeks later. Basic questions in the phone screen, like "Why Koch?" or "What are your salary expectations?". Only lasted about 10 minutes and was told i would be contacted to set up a interview. They called about a week later to schedule me for an in person interview at Koch in Wichita, KS. They told me who my interviewers would be, and sent me an email with all their information, like name and titles. There were 4 interviewers in total, all of which were managers in the department i was applying for. I was interviewed by 2 managers at a time for an hour each. So total of 2 interviews and 2 total hours. When i got to the facility they took me upstairs to an empty conference room and immediately started on the questioning. They both had copies of my resume with notes already written on them. They went on to explain that they would ask questions about my resume first then go into the standard questions. They each asked about certain skills or experiences i had on my resume, probably asked about 3 questions each just about my resume. They then went into the behavioral questions that seemed like forever to get through, They ask ALOT of the same questions in slightly different ways to see if you are being consistent. But in both interviews i probably answered 40 behavioral questions. The interviewers were very nice and welcoming, but they definitely had a sense that they were trying to find a flaw or catch you in something. it was more like they were trying to find a reason not to hire me rather than finding reasons to hire me. By the time i left they each had 2 pages of notes on my interview answers. I was very consistent in my answers and held my own very well i thought.

Interview Questions

Koch Industries Response

Mar 4, 2020 – Branding & Marketing Talent Acquisition Specialist

I wanted to first say thank you for not only taking the time to leave us feedback on your interview experience but for also considering Koch for your next career move. It is so important to us to receive interview feedback as we always working to improve not only the interview process but the overall candidate experience as well. You provided some great reminders and items for our team to review and improve upon and I wish you the best. Thank you again- Molly from Talent Solutions.

Agronomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in February 2020.

Interview

Phone interviews were very thorough. Mostly behavioral type questions but specific job experiences as well. Interviewers were very polite but straight forward in questions. Interview process was a good overall experience.

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

Interview process is smooth and interviewers are highly knowledgeable. The result was something weird, they re-evaluated the requirement for the role and decided not to recruit for this role at this time...

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

I could not seem to reach anyone regarding the interview process, the only item that I received was a video interview link which was very impersonal and did not allow me to interact with anyone.

Interview Questions

Koch Industries Response

Nov 19, 2019 – Branding & Marketing Talent Acquisition Specialist

I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and share your feedback. Candidate experience is important to us as it is an important first impression and I am sorry to read of your experience. I want you to know that I am passing this on to the appropriate leadership team as feedback moving forward. Thank you – Molly from Talent Solutions

Estimator Interview

Interview

Heavy emphasis on phone screen. Many different types of people that have abilities may not interview well. Great people and good candidates are being passed on very little information. Bl on no hi how

Database Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in November 2019.

Interview

Two phone interviews than one in-person interview split between 2 different managers within marketing both asking questions that concerned how I would interact with them. after not hearing back for 2 weeks, reached out to HR and got ghosted.

Interview Questions

Koch Industries Response

Mar 4, 2020 – Branding & Marketing Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hello, this is Molly from Talent Solutions. I wanted to let you know that I read your review and am disappointed to hear of your interview experience. It is important to us to provide a candidate experience that ensures communication throughout the entire interview and selection process. I am sharing this feedback with the appropriate leaders and appreciate you taking the time to share this. I wish you the best and thank you again.