Koch Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

3.2

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS).

Interview

First, you meet with a HR rep. Then, you meet with several managers from several departments one or two at a time regarding a subject area. Once hired, you become a number and sit in a HR conference room with lots of HR reps and a few hires.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over other candidates?   1 Answer

Senior Buyer Interview

Interview

I applied at Koch Heat Transfer. My interview was on Brittmoore Rd. The job request was for high school graduate. I had a masters degree. I knew that I was not going to be offered the position when the interviewer said that "he did not want to see anymore MBA's walking around acting like they own the place". He then proceeded to explain to me Koch Industries guiding principles which was complete BS because he had also explained his laissez faire management style.

Manager viewed me as potential internal competitor. Many bosses and managers are insecure in their roles, regardless of whether they merit them or not. But when along comes a candidate like you who might deserve their role even more – even if that’s not the job you’re currently being considered for – their forward-looking inferiority complex will push them to push you far, far away.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Reno, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview took place in two parts: 1) a phone interview with a recruiting specialist in Wichita, and 2) a three part in-person interview at the Reno, NV office. The first interview was a generic personality/work ethic interview with questions such as "what is your greatest strength/weakness". The phone interview lasted about 30-40 minutes. The second round of interviews included an interview with the following positions: 1) an hour long in-person interview with the director of strategy/Reno office manager, 2) a 30 minute skype interview with a manager in the I.T. department in Wichita, and 3) a 30 minute skype interview with the manager of the cloud architecture department. Overall, the interviews were focused upon your fit in their culture and your previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced conflict within a team.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Easton, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had two phone screenings -- one by HR and the other by the hiring manager. I was contacted again to schedule a 4 hour F2F interview where the hiring manager would fly up (from Atlanta, GA) to complete. Immediately upon arriving for the F2F I was told they are going to add another person to the interview (1 more hour). After the F2F I followed up with a thank you email and never heard a response for 2 weeks. After a two week wait I sent another email asking about the status of the position. Again, I never received a response. As a last ditch effort I sent a follow up to the status email a week later and finally got a response saying that the position is on hold as they are changing requirements.
    Update: I'm now told that the position was relocated to Atlanta, GA. Go management!

I'm disappointed in a company of its size to not at least let me know that the position was put on hold after my interview given the amount of time spent interviewing. Instead I had to reach out to them several times. If I hadn't, I don't think they would have told me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

Very behavioral based, be ready for situation, reaction and action. They will ask a lot about times you have dealt with certain situations at previous positions, a lot about mistakes and how you reacted. They are looking for people who fit their culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you got difficult feedback or made a mistake   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Applied using the web and on their site; basically the same day the job was posted. I not only met, but exceeded all requirements. Never got call back, but a thank you letter after 5 days that I was not selected. I wonder how diversity looks like in there...? Not even a phone screen!

Interview Questions

Koch Industries Response

Feb 13, 2017

I am sorry to hear you had a poor experience. We have highly competitive jobs with thousands of applicants flowing, so we know there are some amazing folks that get missed along the way. Project... More

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Stillwater, OK).

Interview

Standard questions, interviewer was not personable at all and seemed disinterested from the beginning. After asking around a bit I learned that it is actually currently more difficult to get a job as a man; Koch is attempting to diversify and are intentionally hiring more women now. Heard back via email after a few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you found a creative solution to a problem   Answer Question

Koch Industries Response

Dec 21, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We’re sorry you had a disappointing interview experience. At Koch, we take seriously our commitment to non-discrimination and equal opportunity and we strive to treat everyone with dignity, respect... More

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

I had three total interviews - one on university campus one time and two on the same day at the Koch Campus in Wichita, K.S. There was an employee to guide you around to your interviews. They do everything in a very organized and timely manner. Everyone was very kind and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What is a project you have worked on where you didn't see eye to eye with another group member? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

Passed through a round of on-campus interviews and then was invited to an on-site interview. Interviewer asked very standard behavioral based questions. Be prepared to answer basic online template based questions.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was straight forward. The interviewers were able to answer questions and give questions precisely. I was interviewed by a two people a business software analyst and a developer. Most of the questions I had already heard from a previous interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give an example of a time that you had a problem that you had to critically and economically think of a solution to, and how did you do that?   Answer Question
    • Q: Give an example of a time that you had to think of a creative solution to a problem.   Answer Question
    • Q: Do you have any questions for us? (They would answer any question they could)   Answer Question