Koch Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

3.2

102 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

Had an on campus interview. I was asked both behavioral and technical questions.
     Interviewer was extremely unprofessional and told me that they "don't hire jerks." Kept pushing me on whether or not I really felt like I wanted the position and if it was for me. Seemed to be baiting me to challenge what he was saying. Said he didn't care if his everyday work helps anybody else or not.

Got a very bad impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a statement of cash flows. What does that look like?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Spent the Day with 4 different people asking normal behavioral type questions. Some were more laid back and personal asking about your life and experiences with a few questions and the others were just interested in your behavioral style questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a different opinion on something than someone else and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Pipeline Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Koch Industries in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and went in depth with what experiences I had and what about the position really caught my eye. The interviewer was very kind and took notes. If there were questions on either side that couldn't be answered, there was the promise of getting back with that information at a later time.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Koch Industries in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on the day before deadline, got an interview offer the next day. It lasted thirty minutes with one recruiter, and he asked behavioral questions based on your resume. It was a good experience, though the company in general seems to lack diversity.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to take the high road (morality).   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Lawrence, KS) in September 2017.

Interview

On-Campus Interview.
    It was mainly behavioral they didn't ask any technical questions when it came to programming. I thought the interview went great they ask the basic questions that any other company would. It was a 30 minute interview.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries in September 2017.

Interview

Shortly after applying, I was sent an email with a link to sign up for a phone interview. The phone interview asked situational questions and was about 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you felt under qualified for a project you had to work on.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Nashville, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

Met with recruiter at college career fair. He followed up with offering an on-campus interview within the week. Simple behavioral questions and some mild accounting technicals. Wanted to make sure you understood Koch investment philosphy.

Interview Questions

• Which produces a higher gross profit assuming inventory costs rise over time, FIFO or LIFO accounting.   1 Answer

Senior Buyer Interview

Interview

I applied at Koch Heat Transfer. My interview was on Brittmoore Rd. The job request was for high school graduate. I had a masters degree. I knew that I was not going to be offered the position when the interviewer said that "he did not want to see anymore MBA's walking around acting like they own the place". He then proceeded to explain to me Koch Industries guiding principles which was complete BS because he had also explained his laissez faire management style.

Manager viewed me as potential internal competitor. Many bosses and managers are insecure in their roles, regardless of whether they merit them or not. But when along comes a candidate like you who might deserve their role even more – even if that’s not the job you’re currently being considered for – their forward-looking inferiority complex will push them to push you far, far away.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries in May 2017.

Interview

Position was for Koch Business Solutions. Relatively new branch, small team. First round primarily consisted typical HR questions via phone interview. Only were looking to bring on one or two more data scientist. Said they'd reach out to me for second step but never followed up.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that was very challenging for you?   1 Answer
    • Asked about one of the projects on my resume regarding cost analysis.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Easton, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had two phone screenings -- one by HR and the other by the hiring manager. I was contacted again to schedule a 4 hour F2F interview where the hiring manager would fly up (from Atlanta, GA) to complete. Immediately upon arriving for the F2F I was told they are going to add another person to the interview (1 more hour). After the F2F I followed up with a thank you email and never heard a response for 2 weeks. After a two week wait I sent another email asking about the status of the position. Again, I never received a response. As a last ditch effort I sent a follow up to the status email a week later and finally got a response saying that the position is on hold as they are changing requirements.
    Update: I'm now told that the position was relocated to Atlanta, GA. Go management!

I'm disappointed in a company of its size to not at least let me know that the position was put on hold after my interview given the amount of time spent interviewing. Instead I had to reach out to them several times. If I hadn't, I don't think they would have told me.