Koch Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Koch Industries Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

3.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

Very behavioral based, be ready for situation, reaction and action. They will ask a lot about times you have dealt with certain situations at previous positions, a lot about mistakes and how you reacted. They are looking for people who fit their culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you got difficult feedback or made a mistake   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Applied using the web and on their site; basically the same day the job was posted. I not only met, but exceeded all requirements. Never got call back, but a thank you letter after 5 days that I was not selected. I wonder how diversity looks like in there...? Not even a phone screen!

Interview Questions

Koch Industries Response

Feb 13, 2017

I am sorry to hear you had a poor experience. We have highly competitive jobs with thousands of applicants flowing, so we know there are some amazing folks that get missed along the way. Project ... More

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Stillwater, OK).

Interview

Standard questions, interviewer was not personable at all and seemed disinterested from the beginning. After asking around a bit I learned that it is actually currently more difficult to get a job as a man; Koch is attempting to diversify and are intentionally hiring more women now. Heard back via email after a few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you found a creative solution to a problem   Answer Question

Koch Industries Response

Dec 21, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We’re sorry you had a disappointing interview experience. At Koch, we take seriously our commitment to non-discrimination and equal opportunity and we strive to treat everyone with dignity, respect ... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

Passed through a round of on-campus interviews and then was invited to an on-site interview. Interviewer asked very standard behavioral based questions. Be prepared to answer basic online template based questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

very casual first interview, heard back the next day after speaking at career fair. asked some behavioral questions. Ended up not getting the job because they don't hire seniors as interns.

Interview Questions

• asked about a time of conflict, projects; asked about goals, time I had to meet a deadline. why work for koch. show interest in the actual position you are interviewing for. have specific examples ready.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Tulsa, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

I had an interview with college recruiter on campus. After that, I was asked to come to an on-site interview. We had two one hour interviews, each with two people from different areas of the company, and a shop tour.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you haven't received as much credit as you think you deserved.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Koch Industries in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straightforward, first round interview on - campus, then several interviews at Koch's headquarters in Wichita, Kansas. Most questions were behavioral, with a few technical questions mixed in here-and-there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what was your biggest failure, how did you improve a process, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

Found the opportunity on LinkedIn. After applying the response was quick from HR who got in touch with me to set up a Skype interview as first round screening. The second round was a face-to-face panel interview at the office location

Interview Questions

• Panel Interview questions were very open and the main interviewer didn't drive the interview very well. Seems like He doesn't have a clear understanding of the function in thr first place or the main objectives for the position. This left me with a sales pitch style replies just to fill the conversation. Some questions were really there just to appear sophisticated. It didn't click on both ends so I knew I won't be getting a call back   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Tulsa, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

Received and email saying that they wanted to schedule an interview the next day. I confirmed my availability and had a short 20 minute phone interview. They asked about my work experience, have i heard of the company and why i want to join.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Tulsa, OK) in April 2016.

Interview

1 phone interview. 2 back to back 1 hour in person interviews with 2 panels of management from various departments. Word of advice. I could tell by their in depth questions they were specifically looking for detailed experience in their industry. They will dig into your present roll and have you continue to break it down for them. I asked if they normally require an engineering degree, they said no, but my impression from the questions they asked was that is exactly what they desired. I asked several questions focused on the culture, training, and what they do to empower their people. I did not get much details from their short answers. I have been through many interviews with situational questions and did very well from the feedback I received, be prepared for this and be prepared for in depth situational questions about your present position. The interview process was average overall. However 1 or 2 of the panel interviewers made it difficult and seemed to enjoy doing so.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to meet a deadline on a project and you were tasked with multiple other projects as well. What did you do to meet the deadline.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question