Koch Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

3.2

R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

Three interviews: two on university campus, one on Koch Campus. You are compensated for travel. University interview was standard. Koch campus trip involved three interviews with different officials in the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where someone doubted your skills because of your age or experience?   Answer Question

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, phone screen with Tax Director, then on-site interview with 5 members of the department (one-on-one). Interview questions were standard - some behavioral, some about past work experiences. Each person seemed to be assigned two core values to ask about, so read up on those beforehand so you have some relevant experiences in mind.

From the initial phone screen to the job offer, it took about 3 weeks in total. Fastest turn-around I have ever experienced! If they want you, they aren't going to waste time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were wrong? (speaks to core value of humility)
      How you find fulfillment in your work? (speaks to core value of fulfillment)   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Koch Industries in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straightforward, first round interview on - campus, then several interviews at Koch's headquarters in Wichita, Kansas. Most questions were behavioral, with a few technical questions mixed in here-and-there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what was your biggest failure, how did you improve a process, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

Found the opportunity on LinkedIn. After applying the response was quick from HR who got in touch with me to set up a Skype interview as first round screening. The second round was a face-to-face panel interview at the office location

Interview Questions

• Panel Interview questions were very open and the main interviewer didn't drive the interview very well. Seems like He doesn't have a clear understanding of the function in thr first place or the main objectives for the position. This left me with a sales pitch style replies just to fill the conversation. Some questions were really there just to appear sophisticated. It didn't click on both ends so I knew I won't be getting a call back   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Tulsa, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

Received and email saying that they wanted to schedule an interview the next day. I confirmed my availability and had a short 20 minute phone interview. They asked about my work experience, have i heard of the company and why i want to join.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process begins with a phone screen, and if you are advanced, it progresses to a total of five, 45 minute on site interviews. Following a brief small talk session most of the interview questions are focused on detailed descriptions of your past behavior in specific situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deliver a difficult employee performance review   Answer Question

SAP Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very intense. The first was a hour-long phone interview. Which was all behavioral based question. Its was a lot for a phone interview. Passed the phone interview then was the on-site interview which was 10 time more difficult. They printed a page of question of behavioral based question to ask. I have been through many interview and I would have to say for an internship I think this has to be the most difficult interview I have been in. They want to know how you work not how you interact with people. The have a culture based around MBM which is weird.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you changed a process?
      Tell me about challenge task?
      Competing projects?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

4 people. Questions all about culture, not technical skills. If you are a good person and have morals, you'll be fine. It's all about giving examples. What was the situation, behavior, and outcome.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you faced an ethical dilemna. What was the situation, your behavior, and outcome?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

Behavorial Interviews for about 30 min. 3-4 interviews with different managers. Pretty straightforward and typical of a large corporate interview. Just be sure to shake a strong hand and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Name a particular time you faced adversity and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Tulsa, OK) in April 2016.

Interview

1 phone interview. 2 back to back 1 hour in person interviews with 2 panels of management from various departments. Word of advice. I could tell by their in depth questions they were specifically looking for detailed experience in their industry. They will dig into your present roll and have you continue to break it down for them. I asked if they normally require an engineering degree, they said no, but my impression from the questions they asked was that is exactly what they desired. I asked several questions focused on the culture, training, and what they do to empower their people. I did not get much details from their short answers. I have been through many interviews with situational questions and did very well from the feedback I received, be prepared for this and be prepared for in depth situational questions about your present position. The interview process was average overall. However 1 or 2 of the panel interviewers made it difficult and seemed to enjoy doing so.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to meet a deadline on a project and you were tasked with multiple other projects as well. What did you do to meet the deadline.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question