Koch Industries Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

Very relaxed. The just asked about yourself and what you are looking to gain in the role you are applying for. Not technical at all and very laid back.

Interview Questions

• What are some goals you would set for yourself if you were to get this position ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Koch Industries

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Applied using the web and on their site; basically the same day the job was posted. I not only met, but exceeded all requirements. Never got call back, but a thank you letter after 5 days that I was not selected. I wonder how diversity looks like in there...? Not even a phone screen!

Interview Questions

Koch Industries Response

Feb 13, 2017

I am sorry to hear you had a poor experience. We have highly competitive jobs with thousands of applicants flowing, so we know there are some amazing folks that get missed along the way. Project... More

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries.

Interview

4 people. Questions all about culture, not technical skills. If you are a good person and have morals, you'll be fine. It's all about giving examples. What was the situation, behavior, and outcome.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you faced an ethical dilemna. What was the situation, your behavior, and outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for a Project Manager position and within two weeks I received a phone call from a recruiter. She described the interview process, the job description, asked me questions about my resume, and solicited questions from me about the company, position, or benefits.

She indicated that I would receive a follow up call within the next week, and I received a call from the hiring manager within a couple days. The hiring manager asked me more technical questions about my experience and how I handled situations in the past.

Following that call, I received an invitation to come onsite in Wichita for an interview. Another individual in the HR group provided an agenda for the trip, which consisted of 4, 45 minute sessions with different interviewers, arranged my travel with me, and assisted me with reimbursements after the trip. While onsite, I met with the initial recruiter who took me to the cafeteria for lunch, then I interviewed with 4 different individuals. Following the last interview, I met with the recruiter again to discuss benefits, compensation, and other questions I still had.

A week after the interview, I received a call from the recruiter and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Describe the largest project you worked on and the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS).

Interview

The interview begins with a phone interview with HR followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. After these two phone interviews they do an in person interview where they have 3-4 people interview you for 20-30 minutes a piece. These interviews are based on the usual behavioral type interviews.

Interview Questions

• They definitely focus a lot on the company culture. Be sure and understand what market based management is and how the company uses it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Charlotte, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was very conversational with a manager from the office I would be hired to and someone from the human resource office. I was working with a recruiter and so I was paired with this company without applying online. They had a copy of my resume and asked specific questions regarding bullets and accomplishments I had listed. Had I accepted a follow-on interview I would have been flown to their headquarters for more interviews and a possible offer. The ladies conducting the interview were very friendly and pleasant and seemed to really like their positions and the company. They stressed that compliance was a major part of their culture and that everyone work in a collaborative effort to bring value to the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a failure and a difficult person you had to work with?   Answer Question

The company literature I received contained politically motivated opinion articles written by the CEO and I do not like to bring my politics into the office and do not think they should be brought in by the leadership of a company.