Koch Industries Interview Questions in Wichita, KS | Glassdoor

3.4

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS).

Interview

First, you meet with a HR rep. Then, you meet with several managers from several departments one or two at a time regarding a subject area. Once hired, you become a number and sit in a HR conference room with lots of HR reps and a few hires.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over other candidates?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process starts with a meet and greet around your campus for a chance to meet your interviewer then proceeds to a on campus interview. If they like you, you will be invited to go to their main offices in Wichita Ks for the final interview before they give you an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were in a high stress situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was on campus and was behavioural interview.
    The second and third interviews were in Wichita, KS at Koch Industries headquarters. These interviews were also behavioural based but few technical questions were also asked.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

Three interviews: two on university campus, one on Koch Campus. You are compensated for travel. University interview was standard. Koch campus trip involved three interviews with different officials in the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where someone doubted your skills because of your age or experience?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process begins with a phone screen, and if you are advanced, it progresses to a total of five, 45 minute on site interviews. Following a brief small talk session most of the interview questions are focused on detailed descriptions of your past behavior in specific situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deliver a difficult employee performance review   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

Went in for the interview and the interviewer happened to be a CFO of one of Koch's subsidiaries. The interviewer asked around 5 behavioral type questions and it ended up being a conversation. I could definitely tell Koch Industries has a rich culture. After the initial interview you sign up for a weekday where you spend the day at Koch headquarters in Wichita, Kansas. During that day you will have 4 one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a work situation where you faced a great problem and how you responded.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online through university recruiting. Once I applied, I heard back within two weeks. The first interview was on campus (at Wichita State). This interview was short (around 30 minutes). In this interview, I was asked about my interest in Koch, knowledge of market based management, and general interview questions. After this interview, I again heard back within two weeks. The next interview was at Koch world headquarters in Wichita. I interviewed with a group of other students; the process took the better part of the day. There were three rounds of interviews, all about 45 minutes in time. The people were incredibly pleasant and the facilities were second to none. After this final interview, I received and accepted a full-time offer within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time that you made a mistake, and what did you learn from that mistake? What is your general knowledge of what Koch Supply and Trading does? What value do you believe you can add to our team? In what areas can you improve?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation; Koch pays well above market rate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in November 2015.

Interview

Brief telephone interview, followed by an interview in person in their office. Interviewed with the various managers within the business entity I was interviewing for. Some of the interviewers were interested in being there, whereas others just read questions off of a sheet. Overall, good experience as long as you are prepared. If you read any of the books by Charles Koch it will help and give you something to talk about.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were challenged   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in November 2015.

Interview

Nearly all the questions were behavior based. What did you do in this particular situation? What WOULD you do if you encountered it again. My advice is to read Good Profit and then review your experience for situations that highlight MBM principles.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you experienced conflicting goals in a project. What was the situation, and did you resolve it successfully? How?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Koch Industries (Wichita, KS) in October 2015.

Interview

After the recruiters came to campus I applied online then had a 30 minute phone interview. They payed all expenses to travel to Wichita and had two 45 minute interviews. They had former interns there to escort you around the campus. They were very gracious. I enjoyed the experiance. It did require me to miss two days of school.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you inherited a problem and how you resolved that problem?   Answer Question