Kofax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kofax

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kofax (Bedford, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

The phone screening was ok, it was not that difficult couple of OO questions and i was through. The 1:1 went on for about 2 hours and they were intrested in problem solving, OO design and hands on experience in coding. More questions were asked about solving web based application issues.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kofax (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, with a standard mix of technical questions and experience questions.
    Style was 1:1 for 45 minutes each, including engineers, management, and project management. The technical portion included writing code on a white board.

Interview Questions

• Name a piece of software you would use and describe how you would improve it.   Answer Question

Channel Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kofax (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

After all the phone screens and first phone interview, found out the hiring manager was in Houston later that week. I had a business trip there a few days later as well, so we scheduled some time to meet at a Starbucks. Fairly relaxed, we had a few coffees and mainly talked about every topic other than the job. At the end we spent about 3 minutes going over the materials I was asked to prepare and spent nearly two days on (presentation, 120-day plan, account plans).

Interview Questions

• What hotel are you staying at?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kofax (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The phone interview process was standard. A conversation with the recruiter followed by one with the hiring manager. They both were quick to respond to emails (more on that below). The in-person interview was okay - the schedule was messed up by the recruiter but seemed to be a simple mistake. No worries there. The format of the interviews were a series of one-on-ones followed by a panel discussion with the day to day team. Everyone was nice and asked fairly straightforward questions.

Here's the problem with the experience. I followed up with a note to the entire team (6 people) the day after the interview, thanking them and provided additional samples. No response from anyone. Sent email to recruiter 3 days later. No response. Sent email to hiring manager & recruiter 2 days later. No response. Finally called the recruiter 2 days later and left a voicemail. Received a call back a couple hours later (on a voicemail to me) saying they had moved forward with another candidate.

I honestly don't care about not moving forward in the process, and I'm cool with not being the best person for the job, but that's just a very crappy hiring practice to not respond at all. Unfortunately one would assume that must be how they treat people.

Senior Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kofax (Irvine, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Like most average companies you first have the first round of interviews via phone. I passed the interview with the manager but failed to get past the group interview consisting of the managers team. In my conversation with the team I realized virtually none of them knew a thing about Release/Config mang. They seemed to get intimidated by my responses and actually ended my interview early. Now I'm not trying to place blame or seek revenge. Its just that I am truly shocked by the lack of professionalism that I feel I need to post here to warn others from considering Kofax. If possible try to get in contact with ex-employees of Kofax. After my experience with them I actually discovered two ex employees in my organization and heard a lot of negative things.

Interview Questions

• How does your organization use SCM tools? What methodology do you use to manage code? How do you support parallel development?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kofax.

Interview

Initial communication was with HR - background/history, what you are looking for, what is your current status. Fairly normal questions from HR - non-technical.

Interview Questions

• The technical interview was very academic and were shot out very rapid fire. This line is more-or-less the filtering out of the technically inept.... What does "Final" mean? What is OOP? Compare and contrast abstract and interface...   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kofax in February 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview by HR was first (15 minutes) General questions about resume and experience were asked. Upon passing that, phone interview with hiring manager was performed. Interview covered resume, what life at new position would be like.

Asked to come in for in person interview. Interviewed with hiring manager and another technical support manager. Questions about experience, how I would handle certain situations, experience with certain technologies (SQL Server, Fiddler, MSI logging) were asked. Overall very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Given 6 rocks that look the same, but one is slightly heavier (cannot tell by feeling alone). Use a scale only twice to find out which one rock is heavier.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kofax (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The two other managers from accounting were very nice, but the person in HR who who was interviewing me first was leaning more towards negative. She continued to cut me off while I tried to give explanation. It seemed like she was not interested in interviewing me at all. She talked super loud that everyone on first floor can hear her. She did not sound pleasant at all and made faces while she asked questions. So rude!!! This is not how a person in HR suppose to be.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kofax (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Connected with a former coworker that is an employee at Kofax. He internally submitted my resume and within an hour or so i received a call from a recruiter to schedule a interview call with her. Had the call with the recruiter and she then scheduled a call with the hiring manager

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kofax (North Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by an independent recruiter about a presales position. I initially declined to be interviewed but when he called back a couple of months later I chose to take the interview.
    The recruiter put me in touch with company HR. They did a quick screen to verify my compensation expectations before having me speak with the hiring manager.
    I spoke with the hiring manager on the phone before meeting him in person at lunch about a week later. Concurrently I had another interview process in flight and told Kofax I need to pick up the pace if they were interested.
    The VP called the next day and I had an offer by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Nothing I was asked was especially unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be honest about what you need in order to consider the position. I told them the salary and commission/bonus I needed to take the role and they met it. No haggling was required