Kohl's Ad Set Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Ad Set Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2016

1.9

Ad Set Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

The interview was mostly "tell me a time when..." questions. The interviewer was very nice however she told me that the position I applied for was already filled and the only position that I would be qualified for would be cashier. I didn't feel comfortable pressuring the customer in to applying for a credit card so I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you implemented a plan and went through with it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Watertown, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview is very easy and questions are really simple. The manager basically asks questions about customer service, availability and why the interviewee is interested in working for Kohl's. The interview is done in a group setting, however, and that could be nerve wrecking.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work for Kohl's?"
      "What is your availability?"
      "Would you accept cross training?"
      "Give me an example of a time you gave excellent customer service."
      "Tell me about a time you received excellent customer service."
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Falls, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Little Falls, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy process, had to fill out some paperwork and answer 1 question. It was myself and one other Associate interviewed together, but each of us were there for different positions. I have to wait one week to find out if I am hired, because they do a background check. I was told if I pass the background check, I will receive a phone call with an offer.

Ad Set Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on snagajob.com and received a call from the hiring manager a day later to come in for an interview. When I got there employees gave me strange looks and I felt a bit uncomfortable. I had a group interview. The interview went well though, it was pretty easy. I received another phone call 1 week later to come in for orientation. I'm going through training right now and so far I like the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations for the salary, I accepted it.

Ad Set Associate Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

One interview with a manager, immediately placed in position, aprox four hours of computer training after an afternoon orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Turlock, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Turlock, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

It was a group interview with ten other applicants, it was really awkward. They sat us around a table and asked us ten questions. It gave us each a chance to answer one of the questions first. However most of the time every person had the same answer without much variation. I didn't really like the process, it didn't give anyone much of a chance of standing out on their own.

Interview Questions

• Describe what customer service means to you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Toledo, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online at snagajob.com. I received a call for an interview at Kohls a couple of days later. I was told on the phone that it was a group interview. When I arrived I went to customer service and I was told I was the only one being interviewed. That was a relief since I hate group interviews. Since I applied online I had to fill out another application and reference sheet. I was glad that I came here to glassdoor before hand or I wouldn't have known to bring information to fill out application. I interviewed with the store manager who was very nice. The interview consisted of the manager explaining the job and what the store is like and I was asked only two interview questions (Why do you want to work for Kohls? Name a time you experienced good customer service). The manager told me they will let know if I got the job in 1 week because store policy is that they have to do a background and reference check. I'll find out tomorrow if I got the position but by how well the interview went I suspect that they will hire me. The interview was easy. If you're going to interview at Kohls just remember that customer service is #1 to them. Always smile and be comfortable or pretend to be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kohl's?   1 Answer
    • Name a time that you experienced great customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Huntersville, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied for Ad set associate through snagajob and was emailed an interview time slot about a couple of weeks later. The email sent to me was also sent to 6 other people, so I knew it was going to be a group interview. I had to email the HR manager and the store's email address to confirm my interview time. It was barely an interview the HR manager had everybody in the employees' back room and she talked a little bit about herself and the company. She said they were hiring for cashiers, which isn't the same as ad set associate. I wasn't happy about that. We filled out more paperwork and that was it. A few days later I received a courtesy email saying they wasn't going to hire me. Most likely it was because of my availability. I dressed business casual unlike the other interviewees, but hey I didn't want to be a cashier anyway.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't asked any real questions. Are you comfortable with being a cashier?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Southaven, MS) in March 2012.

Interview

I was a re-hire due to the fact that I was working this position before relocating to the area. I was asked a few questions such as how long I've worked for Kohl's and what positions I've had. I was asked if I would be interested in a Supervisor position within a few weeks after hire.

Interview Questions

• Why had I never had an Ad Set Supervisor position before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Madison, AL) in January 2012.

Interview

I was called to come in for an interview. It consisted of situational questions such as "Tell me a time you went abouve and beyond at work?" The interviewer was very upbeat but informal. They called the next day to set up a second interview with a different manager. I was basically the same format but different questions. She set up my drug test for the following Monday. I didn't hear anything until Thursday. I was offered the job and went in for orientation the following day and started the next. I've only worked 2 days so far but everyone is really nice. I am doing ad set overnight so its very laid back with virtually no dress code.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

minimum wage + $1.50 overnight premium. Not much room for negotiation.