Kohl's Area Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.6

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Albany, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Chose interview time via online form. Email said to go to customer service to check in, no actual CS desk. Could not find offices (they were in hall with bathroom). First impression: Store messy. Told position I applied for was filled, offered PT sales :/

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something went very wrong on the job and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewood, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohl's (Edgewood, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was ok however, I had no idea of what I was working towards with regards to compensation. In fact my offer was given to me after going thru 4 interviews with no idea of the salary range that would be offered to me. The interview process didn't contain feedback from all of the individuals that interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to become a supervisor at Kohl's?   1 Answer

The offer wasn't sufficient and didn't contain any type of shift differential or overtime compensation.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kohl's (Madison, AL) in December 2015.

Interview

I was asked about my background, and experience. What I was looking for. A few questions from the Manager. Strong points and weaknesses. I also was asked what my expectations were of the job. Pay, she would try to be negotiable and get me what I wanted. It was close.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Reno, NV).

Interview

Starting with a group interview with 3 executives, then followed with a second interview. The second interview was one on one with an executive. The second interview was very personal. The interviewer described what job they were considering me for, and went over the duties of the job.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kohl's (Portage, MI).

Interview

store manager one on one an hr manager this took about a hour each interview.after a couple of days I was offered the position then I did a week of computer training. Went to other stores to train

Interview Questions

• How can you make a positive impact on the team   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I interviewed at Kohl's (Humble, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a great experience. They asked meaningful questions that related to the job being applied for. No gotcha questions. They were straight to the point of your particular expertise. They were very friendly and answered all questions you may have had.

Area Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's in June 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview, and they would allow you to volunteer answers or go around the table and answer if they needed answers from everybody. They then took everybody out of the room one by one to ask more specific questions and offered specific job areas and returned all the people getting job offers into the group.

You will likely get offered a job different than you applied, and when you start you may not even have the job offered to you.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult customer you've ever worked with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kent, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's (Kent, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Little to no experience required. I applied for the position because I was already working at that store and the store manager thought I would be a good fit. The application is literally a piece of paper with your name and contact information. Very informal interview in my case since i had a good relationship with the store manager and was clearly qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you had a conflict with someone and how did you handle it?
      Q: How do you feel about working in groups?
      Q: What do you feel you will contribute to this organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jensen Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Jensen Beach, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Was called about a month later. Interviewed with store manager. Interview was very informative and went very well, lasted over an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Noblesville, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

I was a current employee trying for a promotion. It was nice because I came from a different store and that is not very common within the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• What is something you have done in the past year to improve on a previous opportunity?   Answer Question