Kohl's Area Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Area Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewood, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohl's (Edgewood, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was ok however, I had no idea of what I was working towards with regards to compensation. In fact my offer was given to me after going thru 4 interviews with no idea of the salary range that would be offered to me. The interview process didn't contain feedback from all of the individuals that interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to become a supervisor at Kohl's?   1 Answer

The offer wasn't sufficient and didn't contain any type of shift differential or overtime compensation.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Reno, NV).

Interview

Starting with a group interview with 3 executives, then followed with a second interview. The second interview was one on one with an executive. The second interview was very personal. The interviewer described what job they were considering me for, and went over the duties of the job.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kohl's (Portage, MI).

Interview

store manager one on one an hr manager this took about a hour each interview.after a couple of days I was offered the position then I did a week of computer training. Went to other stores to train

Interview Questions

• How can you make a positive impact on the team   1 Answer

Area Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's in June 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview, and they would allow you to volunteer answers or go around the table and answer if they needed answers from everybody. They then took everybody out of the room one by one to ask more specific questions and offered specific job areas and returned all the people getting job offers into the group.

You will likely get offered a job different than you applied, and when you start you may not even have the job offered to you.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult customer you've ever worked with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kent, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's (Kent, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Little to no experience required. I applied for the position because I was already working at that store and the store manager thought I would be a good fit. The application is literally a piece of paper with your name and contact information. Very informal interview in my case since i had a good relationship with the store manager and was clearly qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you had a conflict with someone and how did you handle it?
      Q: How do you feel about working in groups?
      Q: What do you feel you will contribute to this organization?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jensen Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Jensen Beach, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Was called about a month later. Interviewed with store manager. Interview was very informative and went very well, lasted over an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Noblesville, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

I was a current employee trying for a promotion. It was nice because I came from a different store and that is not very common within the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• What is something you have done in the past year to improve on a previous opportunity?   Answer Question

Area Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a very laid back interview process. The first interview was with two of the assistant store managers. The second interview was with the store manager. Both interviews consisted of your standard interview questions, like how you would handle certain customer or associate situations. All in all it was a very pleasant interview experience.

Area Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's in May 2013.

Interview

Applied for multiple positions online. Was called a week later and asked to come in for an interview the next day. I arrived at Kohl's and was taken into the assistant manager's office. She told me I was being interviewed for an area supervisor position, which made me very excited. She explained the job, the duties, and asked me if I had any questions for her before we moved on. She then went on to the interview questions.

I have not received an offer as of yet.
    She told me she would give me a call within 10 days to let me know if I got the job or not, or to come in for another interview.
    UPDATE**** NEVER received a call or email back from Kohls to let me know if I had the job or not OR to even offer me a POS cashier job (as she stated). I find that rude.

Interview Questions

• None. Very typical interview questions, such as:
      Why do you want to work at Kohl's? How do you define customer service? Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer. Tell me about a time where you could have handled a situation with a customer better. What did you like and dislike about your previous job? etc.....

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Tampa, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Go to Kohl's Career's , then it takes you to Snag-a-job. Some times they use a group interview process when doing volume hiring.They use some behavior based questions, but the interview process is not difficult at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had an issue with another person, how did you handle the issue?
       Why should we hire you?