Kohl's Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.7

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Denver, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online. After couple weeks, I received an email from their recruiter about phone interview. Screening interview was just fine, no surprising question when you applying for a job in retail for any position. She was trying to recruit me for a position that is 100 miles from me. Just be ready to talk about your experience and your expectation, why are you applying for this position and why Kohl's.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Pullman, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Open and honest. The interview panel wanted to let me know exactly what the job would be like and how it would be different than competitors' positions. Many of the questions focused on my ability to work in a team, my communication skills, and my ability to lead.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were a part of a team or group project and the leadership role you played.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

About a month process - Got invited for an interview, two weeks later, interview process went great. Got asked to come in for a final interview, which was about two weeks after the first interview. Had to complete an assessment that included behavioral assessment about yourself and some statistic problems. Had a great time at the final interview, which included a case study as a group interview that was pretty easy to solve and had to present it to regional VP and district managers. Had one-on-one interview with the regional VP and one of the district managers and I can not stress enough how nice these ladies were. They were amazing ladies.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part was allowing the other interviewers getting the chance to talk while trying to stand out also.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

It was quick and to the point. Interviewed with two different people and was given an offer soon after. There is no discussion of placement on pay. It was to the point.

Negotiation

None

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

There weren't any trick questions - everything is pretty boilerplate about weaknesses and strenghts, past experience, etc. There are two rounds you must go through, and the interviewers are pretty friendly and straightforward. The best way to prepare is just to google typical interview questions and think about how you'd answer, based off your resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are not able to negotiate salary - it is determined by cost of living in your location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Champaign, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Campus interview which I had to conduct a on on one interview with a rep from Kohls. Was in a room separate from other interviewees and went over my resume and skills.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Group interview well versed. Lots of questions regarding the customer and how to handle certain situations. Two managers at a time and grand opening new store. Looked for leads and people with certain skills. Smile and eye contact biggest attributes

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a customer/associate?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Started as a Manager-In-Training interview was completed on campus, 3 1-1 interview and a group interview portion. These seems like similar questions managerial based, team based questions, leadership and behavior questions as well. Group portion was acting as a management team and prioritizing tasks together to rank importance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation, signing bonus of 2k

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

2 interviews- one with recruiter, one with DM. Was quite a long process. I had to contact HR a number of times before they got back to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

College Recruiting Interview, very friendly, and asked normal behavioral and scenario questions.