Kohl's Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2018

1.9

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Applied online. Notice of interview emailed after a few days. One-on-one interview with store manager that took less than an hour. Was told right away that application is moving forward. Job offer sent through email after a few days.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Sacramento, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with myself and three other people. It was pretty quick and painless; they asked a few scenario questions and then basic stuff about availability.

Interview Questions

• If a customer in front of you needed help, you were being called on the walkie, and you still needed to clean the fitting rooms, what would you do first?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Woodbridge, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

It took about 15 minutes . They just ask a few questions and then if you get the job they will offer you the position right away or they will call you with an offer.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

They asked a lot of situational questions. What would you do if this happened kind of thing. Was not hard to answer. They were basically common sense to see if you knew how to handle customers with decent manners. Was also in a group setting, which was odd because then everyone had the same answer basically, just reworded, and I believe everyone in my group was offered a job. They were super relaxed, was not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer comes up to you asking for help while you are already with another customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

group interview with approx 10 to 15 applicants; questions were asked and everyone had to answered them, although you were not pressured to answer, but you could speak up at any time and answer the questions. Each person gave their answer individually to certain questions that were asked to each applicant.

Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Nampa, ID) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online to two positions. I received an offer of an interview via email. After entering the website, I chose my interview date and time from the listing.

I had a group interview with a single interviewer asking questions we each answered in turn, alternating in who answered first. Once the interview was completed and the background check came back (about 1-2 weeks), I received an offer through email that I accepted via the website. I was then given a choice date/time to sign up for orientation.

Interview Questions

• If you have completed the tasks of your supervisor set for you, what is your next step?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Point, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Rocky Point, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

It was pretty easy- the managers are all extremely nice and they genuinely listen to you in your interview. They do look for capable people, but will try and find you a place to work here if you are like-able. Fast hiring is also a plus.

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chico, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Answered online questionnaire from Kohls.com. I was contacted a few weeks later via email requesting that I schedule an interview threw a online portal. One-on-one interview style, pretty laid back. Received job offer during interview. No drug test required.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Kohls   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Henrietta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Henrietta, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

There were 7 of us being interviewed and we first filled out a bunch of paperwork. Then the manager asked each of us what our current or previous jobs have been or if we are still in school, and why we want to work at Kohl's. Then he went around the table and asked each of us 1 question each. It was very relaxed and casual. It seems like they just want people willing to work hard and have a positive attitude while on the job. No need to be extremely experienced.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online. No paper applications. Got called in for an interview which was a group interview ( I was hired around the holidays although I wasn't hired as a seasonal employee). They asked typical interview questions and just went around the group for answers.
    I had never been in a group interview before, it was different.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asked you a question you didn't know the answer to, what would you do?   Answer Question