Kohl's Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2016

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Henrietta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Henrietta, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

There were 7 of us being interviewed and we first filled out a bunch of paperwork. Then the manager asked each of us what our current or previous jobs have been or if we are still in school, and why we want to work at Kohl's. Then he went around the table and asked each of us 1 question each. It was very relaxed and casual. It seems like they just want people willing to work hard and have a positive attitude while on the job. No need to be extremely experienced.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Champaign, IL).

Interview

Met with a manager. Easy interview. Was made to wait past my assigned interview time, but after working there for a bit I understand the managers are busy. I got called a few days later with figure out an orientation date. Everyone was nice and the interview lasted less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges you have faced at other jobs and how did you deal with them (or something to that effect.)   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Hiring varies from store to store. My interview was in a group. Typically done. Interviewees are asked a series of questions and two or three people will answer that question then the next set will get a seperate question and so on. Typically asked why you want to work there or why you think you can work there. Keep answers directed toward the job you want. If you have experience folding clothes or using registers stick with that. The interviewing managers do not care if you know how to flip a burger or stand next to a pool as a life guard. High pace. High energy. Quick response time. Fast learner. Enthusiastic about customer service. These will get you a job incorporate it into an interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for our store? Or what can you bring to our team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Previous experience will get you slightly higher pay

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Raleigh, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application online through a job site. I received a phone call a few days later to come in for an interview. The person I was supposed to meet was busy, so I met with a different manager. We discussed my experience and desire to work for Kohl's. I received a job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience you had handling a difficult situations with a customer or another person.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Group meeting. Group Q&A Session. Managers just did 99% of the talking. Were broken into teams to "find" items in the store. Very informal and unprofessional. Everyone was hired. Most didn't work out. I took it because I just needed a job, any job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. You are paid minimum wage, not a dime more.

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's (Oceanside, CA).

Interview

Written application and brief interview. No experience required.

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Murrieta, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online at snagajob.com. I got a evening phone call, it was pretty last minute, for a group interview the next day. I accepted and went in with about 12-15 people. We started off introducing ourselves and what we did, we were also told the current positions open and which positions we were most interested in applying for. There was only one person interviewing us, though there was supposed to be two. The HR manager also told us it did not matter if the answers we gave were all ready said, she wanted to hear each one of us say at least something. At first I fumbled, because I was the last one to answer a few of the questions, but I tried to use my own experience in the past as well to make my answers more precise. Out of all of us, only one person was not hired and that was because he did not speak much. I tried to answer all the questions to the best of my abilities even if they didn't come out all that original.

Interview Questions

• Show me, by acting it out or roleplaying or tell me how you would sell a Kohl's card.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They give you your pay rate at orientation

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Redlands, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online at snagajob and got a call a few days later. It was a group interview with around 10 other people. It was with one manager, and she would ask a question and everyone got a chance to answer. When you were one of the last ones it was kind of hard to come up with something to make you stand out. Whatever you do, DON'T just copy someone before you! Try your hardest to come up with something new to say. There were lots of people with more experience with me, but I got the job and they didn't because I presented myself better. Make eye contact with everyone, not just the manager, smile, speak clearly -not too fast, and try to make yourself sound like the best employee EVER! By the end of the interview, I was pretty confident. She went outside the room "to check our online applications" and came back and said she had questions for the following people- she named about 5 of us and everyone left. Then she offered the 5 of us a job. So we all filled out the paperwork and I have orientation in a few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time you went above and beyond.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, it's a seasonal job with opportunity to stay on after based on performance.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

question and answer on what thought about customer service and how would handle certain situations

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Pasadena, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

You apply on snagajob.com only. The people were pretty good and they are all fairly nice. My only problem was that they were fairly busy when they scheduled my interviews so I ended up sitting for a while waiting.

Interview Questions

• They were your typical questions during any customer service position interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.