Kohl's Interview Questions in Bakersfield, CA | Glassdoor

Kohl's Interview Questions in Bakersfield, CA

2.4

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

group interview with approx 10 to 15 applicants; questions were asked and everyone had to answered them, although you were not pressured to answer, but you could speak up at any time and answer the questions. Each person gave their answer individually to certain questions that were asked to each applicant.

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bakersfield, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Group interview. Everyone was asked the same question. Hiring manager and Administrative assistant had clipboards ranking us on our responses. They let us know that is how they are going to determine if you got the job offer or not. Associates were very nice, wished us good luck and were very open and talkative. Nervous a bit but everyone answered accordingly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Khols? What would you do if you came in counter with an angry customer, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bakersfield, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied via snagajob on Friday & got a call for an interview on Sunday. Went in on Monday and anwsered questions about customer service. The manager asked if I was interested in working the fitting rooms & I said yes. Availability is a very important factor too, you need to be available. I filled out some paperwork & was told I would get a call back for orientation once eveyone who had applied passed their drug test and background check. If not I would be expecting a letter in the mail if I was not hired. I've been waiting for a week & a half now, almost two. I've called two times to keep in touch. I hope to get called in soon!!! It was a very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer if you dont know the answer to their question?   2 Answers

Overnight Freight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bakersfield, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Group interview consisting of around eight people. Easy but they chose those who had experience in freight handling which I didn't have. Applied through snagajob and the process took two weeks. Firdt question was decribe oursslves and our availability. then they asked each of us a different question Per person. Ended with why they should hire us.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with someone and how you resolved it   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bakersfield, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied in person and was called for an interview 2 days later for the next day. I showed up and found out that it was a group interview. We all went into a room and sat down. He would ask a question and anyone could raise their hand to answer it. They were looking for outgoing people who made an effort to get noticed and remembered. Just smile and try to answer as many questions as you can. You have to act like your a people's person or else you wont get the job. Anyways, I called a week later to see if I got the job. They said they were still doing background checks and told me that they will call me. Another week went by and I finally heard back with a job offer to come in to orientation the very next morning. I went to orientation and started less than a week later!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to go above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were late or would have been late.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bakersfield, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

It was 1 1/2 months after submitting an application before being called in for an interview. The interview was fairly basic and the interviewer was slightly disorganized but very personable. I was supposed to have a subsequent interview with the manager, but she could not be reached. 3 days later I was called and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. It was a relaxed interview process with a personable employee who asked questions pertaining to my ability to interact with others, my previous experiences and how it related to the position etc.. All questions seemed reasonable, relevant, and fairly basic considering the job title I was interviewing for. The only aspect that was unexpected was the necessary secondary interviewer was not in the office.   Answer Question

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bakersfield, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

I was called into an interview and answered scenerio questions with an area manager. I then had a second interview with the manager over the cashiers. All the questions were basic common sense questions that my 10 year old could answer. Hired that day.

Interview Questions

• Would you report someone if they stole an item that costs less than 5$?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. I wanted more than minimum wage (they could only offer .25 over mw). It was take it or leave it for them. There were more people on the list, so they didn't care if I declined or not.