Kohl's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 5, 2018

2.0

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in November 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. Made me fill out an application beforehand on times I was available at. While I feel like I did fairly well and only asked 3 questions, I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

The interview was a group interview and there was about six other people including me. People went dressed up business casual and it was kinda a long wait for the manager to show up. The interview was fairly easy but just make sure you are able to answer two or more questions cause then you will stand out to the manager and get a higher chance of getting hired.

Interview Questions

• what do you think are some qualities that sales associates have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Staten Island, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with me and two other people. It was fairly quick, it only took about 30 mins. The questions were easy and the manger was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in working with us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grafton, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Grafton, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview, they would ask a question and you would just go down the line and answer it, each time starting with a new question. No curveballs, just basic interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very different than any other interview I never been to because it was a group interview. We all sat in a circle and they ask questions and we all answered. I think it made a lot of people nervous to be interviewed with others in the room. It didn’t really bother me because I thrive in group settings but it was definitely different than any other interview I have experienced.

Interview Questions

• If a customer found a shoe they wanted and asked you for a size 8 but we were sold out, what would your next move be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Menomonee Falls, WI) in April 2013.

Interview

One meeting with manager where we discussed my background in retail experience and worked to see if I would be a good fit for the role, it was a relaxed environment

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Saginaw, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

Had to do a group interview where they asked us all the same questions, then I got a email saying i was hired and they gave us a time to come in and finish the hiring process

Anonymous Employee in Upland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Upland, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I was suprised to walk into a Group interview, online application, got a call a few days after i submitted the application, group interview of about 7 people. Asked the interview questions and answered in the order we were seated.

Interview Questions

• How important is being on time to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Pearland, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

we did a group interview first than was called back a few days later for interview with the store manager. with in 3 days i was hired and brought in for a tour of the store and to fill out my paperwork. even tho i applied for a cashier position i was hired as customer service desk attendant

Interview Questions

• if a customer was angry about something that was out of your control how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kyle, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Kyle, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I was the only one being interviewed at the time, but almost all interviews are conducted in a small group setting. The interviewer asked me questions about tough situations I've overcome and why I would be a good fit for Kohl's. Shortly after the interview, I was told that I was hired and would be contacted by email to schedule my first day. On my first day, I had to complete modules on their computer and after that I was assigned to a current cashier who then taught me how the job works.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with soliciting Kohl's credit cards?   1 Answer