Kohl's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.0

75 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Pearland, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

we did a group interview first than was called back a few days later for interview with the store manager. with in 3 days i was hired and brought in for a tour of the store and to fill out my paperwork. even tho i applied for a cashier position i was hired as customer service desk attendant

Interview Questions

• if a customer was angry about something that was out of your control how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Kyle, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Kyle, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I was the only one being interviewed at the time, but almost all interviews are conducted in a small group setting. The interviewer asked me questions about tough situations I've overcome and why I would be a good fit for Kohl's. Shortly after the interview, I was told that I was hired and would be contacted by email to schedule my first day. On my first day, I had to complete modules on their computer and after that I was assigned to a current cashier who then taught me how the job works.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with soliciting Kohl's credit cards?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Green Bay, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

I went in, waited about 15 minutes and someone came, walked me around the store and took me into a security room to answer questions. The answers were simple and easy to answer. They then asked for my availability and when I could work

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw another employee stealing merchandise?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Silverdale, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very simple. Filled out an online application. 1 day later I received an email that allowed me to choose a time for an interveiw. It was a group interveiw with three of us to one interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kohl's (Burnsville, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a very basic interview, starts with an in person interview with extremely basic questions. Only took one interview to get offered; it seemed like they would hire just about anybody to the position. Although, recent experiences as a cashier is preferred.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's in May 2017.

Interview

This is a thorough explanation: I applied online and received a confirmation email immediately before receiving an email to set up an interview from Corporate 1-2 days after. There were a good number of days and times to pick from but they tell you to pick one that you're sure you will make it to, since it can be hard to reschedule. After scheduling, you get a confirmation email. 1-2 days before the interview date, you also get a reminder with directions for what to do when you get to the store (for me, they told me to arrive 5 minutes before and tell customer service you're there for the interview). I dressed business casual and it seemed perfectly fine. The manager was VERY friendly, relatable, and overall a fun guy based on first impressions. He also was clear on what Kohl's expects and offers as well as read the interview questions off of a list. I'm not sure how he is to actual current workers, but if he treated them the same way he treated me, I would be happy to work here. The manager offered me a verbal offer on the spot (but I wasn't required to accept or decline right away). I should be receiving an email with the official offer within 24 hours and have about 3 days to fill out forms if I do choose to accept the position.

Additionally, shifts are posted 2 weeks in advanced. I applied for the part time position, which I was told is anywhere from 1-40 hours and does NOT include many benefits. $9.50/hour.

There is also a standard 15% discount for all employees on top of sale prices and coupons. There are also associate days where there are additional discounts on top of what was mentioned before. Lastly, the discounts for employees can be used on EVERYTHING in the store (unlike customer coupons/discounts that can't be used on certain brands like Nike, UnderArmour, Converse, etc).

Overall, the interview process was smooth, easy, and not bad at all. There were around 20-25 questions and it took about 25 minutes total. The interview questions listed below are in no particular order. Hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you showed initiative.   Answer Question
    • What happens if you're helping a customer and another customer jumps in and interrupts? How would you handle it?   1 Answer
    • What do you do when you have lots of things that need to get done?   Answer Question
    • What is a goal of yours and what steps are you doing to get there?   1 Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What happens if you need to miss work/school?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever seen an employee engage in unethical behavior and what did you do about it? If this has not happened, what would you do if it did?   Answer Question
    • If you were given a task to do but not given much information about it, how would you go about doing it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Kohl's?   Answer Question
    • Why did you decide to come here and not work at your previous work?   Answer Question
    • What has been one of the most stressful times that you've experienced and what about it made it so stressful?   Answer Question
    • What about a coworker would make them hard to deal with? (Or something along these lines)   1 Answer

I have another possible job lined up and haven't officially declined, but may.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Applied online and heard back about 1 week later. Scheduled interview online. Typical interview that asked about past customer service experience and cashier experience. Was offered Job on Site.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

Interview

-casual interview
    -feels more like a conversation and not just questions
    -manager friendly
    -short interview
    -maybe 30 minutes if that
    -got a phone call first and asked a couple questions about my resume and then set up an interview
    -after getting job went in for training 1 day then did on the job training

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you encountered a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Nice process. I felt comfortable and looked forward to an offer. The people during the interview were very nice. They treated me like a real person with respect.Nice process. I felt comfortable and looked forward to an offer. The people during the interview were very nice. They treated me like a real person with respect.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

basic availability and credit obtaining questions,asked about previous jobs and responsibilities,what I liked and disliked about last job,how long did I plan on staying at Kohls and what positions I was interested in working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

fast was offered job day after my interview