Kohl's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Very simple. went to the store and manager asked questions about my life and my work ethic. Asked about what I was doing as a student. Not a lot of questions. lots of students worked there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Columbus, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

A group interview. They asked each person a different question. Really quick. The manager was nice, make sure you have experience because everyone there has experience. I didn't. Dress professionally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Corona, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy going interview, asked about past experience, and had preset questions. I asked the inerviewer about her career path and she happily spoke about the benefits of Kohl's. I would highly reccomend you practice answering common interview questions, like your strengths and weaknesses

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview they sent people out for "testing" but the people they sent out actually did not get an offer and their interview ended then. But overall it was done professionally

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Parma, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Arrived at 2:45 some other also waiting for a interview we all went into the back room and the interviewer had fill out our availability sheet and began asking interview questions

Anonymous Employee in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Beavercreek, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview of 7 people and the store manager interviewed us. He asked one question to about three people and then switched questions. We were in a rather small room, but the manager was very sincere and that definitely put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What does a good customer service experience mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What is your policy on showing up for work? When is it okay for an employee to miss work?   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your initiative? Support it with an example.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Redlands, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and very welcoming. It was a group interview of coarse it had a few people more people with experience which I felt a little like the underdog. Very straight forward questions and very quick interview fifteen minutes max.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (San Diego, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Easy, group interview during holiday. Not hard, simple questions and a lot of fun during the interview process. Comfortable and professional. Answered back that same day with a job offer, so no time to wait for a call back.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asks for help, but you are with another customer what do you tell the customer that just walked up and needed help?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Pueblo, CO).

Interview

It was really straight forward. They they describe the exact job position let you know what to expect and are very helpful with the whole hiring process. The hiring process is really fast because I have a lot of applicants especially during seasonal shopping time.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online - a lot of questions and scenarios. Received email to schedule interview. Interviewed at the store, was hired on the spot but had to wait for the email confirming hire. Email with info for background check etc etc. Approximately 6 days after completing, I received an email to go into the store for Orientation. I'm excited to start. Overall a decent and smooth process. I love this store!

Interview Questions

• I can't remember all - the standard questions - give an example how you went above and beyond on your previous job? What is one way you helped improve something at your previous job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because they told me what they were offering and the pay so I guess it was take it or leave it.