Kohl's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Pueblo, CO).

Interview

It was really straight forward. They they describe the exact job position let you know what to expect and are very helpful with the whole hiring process. The hiring process is really fast because I have a lot of applicants especially during seasonal shopping time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online - a lot of questions and scenarios. Received email to schedule interview. Interviewed at the store, was hired on the spot but had to wait for the email confirming hire. Email with info for background check etc etc. Approximately 6 days after completing, I received an email to go into the store for Orientation. I'm excited to start. Overall a decent and smooth process. I love this store!

Interview Questions

• I can't remember all - the standard questions - give an example how you went above and beyond on your previous job? What is one way you helped improve something at your previous job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because they told me what they were offering and the pay so I guess it was take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Staten Island, NY).

Interview

5 minutes, she asked me the most random questions. It was like they asked to come on the interview for pity sake. For some reason I knew that they were not going to call me back just because of her body language.

Interview Questions

• Describe your self?
      Why did you leave all your fomer employers?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Glendale, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Took me she told me about the street than asked me some questions, talked to me about previous work .Had an interview and they emailed me with an offer the next day!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Corona, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy going interview, asked about past experience, and had preset questions. I asked the inerviewer about her career path and she happily spoke about the benefits of Kohl's. I would highly reccomend you practice answering common interview questions, like your strengths and weaknesses

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Marlton, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, scheduled an interview via their automated email responses. Questions were easy and very basic such as tell me how you deal with stress, what is your current job, Why do you want to work at Kohl's. He told me I was less floor personnel and more of a cashier due to my sale experience, and asked
    me how I would sell a Kohl's charge and what my techniques were. I was hired on spot but I declined because they wouldnt pay me as much as my
    Current job.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I Applied online and answered a very simple form and application. I Went in, answered questions, got the job fairly easily. The interviewer was very kind, Some of the questions were tough to answer but i pulled through at the end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given the role of cashier, i start next Monday

Anonymous Employee in Missoula, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Missoula, MT) in December 2015.

Interview

I went to Kohl's and noticed a now hiring sign so I came home and applied online. The next day I got a phone call and we set up a time and day for the interview. They sent out a confirmation email as well saying the day,time and location of the interview. I didn't have a group interview. It was me and the manager in her office. She had a paper she was reading off of and it had about 10 questions on it to make sure I was a good fit for the company. She would ask a question, i would answer and then she would write stuff down. The interview lasted 20 minutes at most and when it ended she said "you will be a good fit for the company"
    Although this didn't mean I had the job. I'd get an email and it told me what my next step was and if I had the job or not. I got the email the day after the interview with the title "congratulations! Welcome to the kohl's family! In the email was 4 links one was a background check, one was if I accepted the job or not, there was a drug consent form and last was an employment form. They do the background check and if all goes well you will be scheduled for orientation! Good luck!

Interview Questions

• From 1 to 10 how would you rate your work ethic? If you and an employee didn't get along, how would you handle the situation? What hours can you work? If you saw an employee stealing what would you do?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who worked here, so I applied in person, met with the store manager and said he'd be calling soon to schedule an interview. Few days later I got a call to interview the next day. Two days later I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Redlands, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and very welcoming. It was a group interview of coarse it had a few people more people with experience which I felt a little like the underdog. Very straight forward questions and very quick interview fifteen minutes max.