Kohl's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.0

Cashier Interview

Interview

The hiring and interview process is really quick and they do group interview which are surprisingly comfortable. They gave everyone a chance to speak and asked really simple questions. After the interview they called back 2 days later and I was hired.

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied in person and i got called in for an interview along with other people too, it was pretty easy and more of a group interview, after that i spoke with the manager and was given the job

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Lafayette, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

1 interview its a group interview ask questions about situations and how do u handle them and how we're your previous jobs and what did u like about them and what u dint like

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiateating

Anonymous Employee in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (North Sacramento, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

They call you...go in for interview in about a few days. Go in dressed very nice and wait with all the other candidate's. They will ask you a series of questions most companies ask. A bunch of how did you handle this situation. why did you leave this company. what was your favorite job. the whole process takes weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation where you were able to satisfy customer.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2014.

Interview

-casual interview
    -feels more like a conversation and not just questions
    -manager friendly
    -short interview
    -maybe 30 minutes if that
    -got a phone call first and asked a couple questions about my resume and then set up an interview
    -after getting job went in for training 1 day then did on the job training

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you encountered a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Fairfax, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

You should be ready to answer some everyday questions and company based questions, try to dress properly for the interview. I wore khakis and a plain shirt and still got the job, but you shouldn't wear the plain shirt after since its against dress code. I wasn't that afraid in the interview, be confident and don't sound with a questions response when giving a question (i.e. Always keep a smile....?) They should call you about or less than 2 weeks or you weren't hired.

Interview Questions

• they were pretty basic clear questions, but the most bizarre out of them (keep in mind it's still pretty clear) was how would act in a situation where you have a conflict with another person   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Group interview, very basic but it was obvious they were looking for outspoken people. It was a long interview, i think it took a couple of hours total. We were taken 3 at a time to the office for the final consensus.

Interview Questions

• What to do if you need to help a customer in another department. Should you leave your area or call someone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Salisbury, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

After filling out the application online the night before, the interviewer called and scheduled an intervew the next morning. I had a group interview with 3 others. It took 2 weeks for a callback. There was no 2nd interview or drug test. The interviewer gave me a job offer after my background check came back and passed. I start orientation on Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a diffcult customer who doesn't think he should have to follow a new store policy regarding expired kohl's cash?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just a simple phone call with orientation scheduled.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Wilmington, DE) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to schedule an interview within a couple days. The interview consisted of questions about myself and where I had worked previously, and gaps in my employment. The questions weren't super hard and the interview was pretty low-key. Within a week, I got a call offering me a job. Overall the process was very fast compared to places I had applied before.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

The interview was a group interview where the interviewer asked a question then everyone went around and answered the questions one by one. It took maybe 3-7 days to get a callback and training began right away.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. The usual interview questions were asked regarding how you would be an asset to the company.   Answer Question