Kohl's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.0

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Marlton, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, scheduled an interview via their automated email responses. Questions were easy and very basic such as tell me how you deal with stress, what is your current job, Why do you want to work at Kohl's. He told me I was less floor personnel and more of a cashier due to my sale experience, and asked
me how I would sell a Kohl's charge and what my techniques were. I was hired on spot but I declined because they wouldnt pay me as much as my
Current job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I Applied online and answered a very simple form and application. I Went in, answered questions, got the job fairly easily. The interviewer was very kind, Some of the questions were tough to answer but i pulled through at the end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given the role of cashier, i start next Monday

Anonymous Employee in Missoula, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Missoula, MT) in December 2015.

Interview

I went to Kohl's and noticed a now hiring sign so I came home and applied online. The next day I got a phone call and we set up a time and day for the interview. They sent out a confirmation email as well saying the day,time and location of the interview. I didn't have a group interview. It was me and the manager in her office. She had a paper she was reading off of and it had about 10 questions on it to make sure I was a good fit for the company. She would ask a question, i would answer and then she would write stuff down. The interview lasted 20 minutes at most and when it ended she said "you will be a good fit for the company"
    Although this didn't mean I had the job. I'd get an email and it told me what my next step was and if I had the job or not. I got the email the day after the interview with the title "congratulations! Welcome to the kohl's family! In the email was 4 links one was a background check, one was if I accepted the job or not, there was a drug consent form and last was an employment form. They do the background check and if all goes well you will be scheduled for orientation! Good luck!

Interview Questions

• From 1 to 10 how would you rate your work ethic? If you and an employee didn't get along, how would you handle the situation? What hours can you work? If you saw an employee stealing what would you do?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who worked here, so I applied in person, met with the store manager and said he'd be calling soon to schedule an interview. Few days later I got a call to interview the next day. Two days later I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Redlands, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and very welcoming. It was a group interview of coarse it had a few people more people with experience which I felt a little like the underdog. Very straight forward questions and very quick interview fifteen minutes max.

Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kohl's (Burnsville, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a very basic interview, starts with an in person interview with extremely basic questions. Only took one interview to get offered; it seemed like they would hire just about anybody to the position. Although, recent experiences as a cashier is preferred.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in July 2015.

Interview

I applied on snagajob and they called a week later
    I scheduled an appointment
    I interviews
    "Why do you wanna work here"
    "What is your best work quality"
    "Do u like to multitask or work on one thing"
    "Have you sold credit before"
    "sell me this flashlight"

Accepted and called back in 4 days

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Wichita, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

There wasn't really any questions but it was a "group" since there was one other girl in the room with me. The man was talking to us about what it would be like working at Kohl's and all the different jobs they offered and then he asked if we had any questions. We both asked him some, and then he gave us a packet for us to fill out that basically was permitting Kohl's to give you a random drug test if they wanted to and to fill out all the employment history the applicant had. After we were done I finally asked him if we got the job and he said that we did. Kohl's was needing people for the Back-To-School season. It was strange.

Interview Questions

• Can I eventually work weekends?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Phone interviews and then there was a group interview, Hr went around asking all of us the same questions. Most of the questions were behavioral questions. Nothing was too difficult and everyone was nice and polite. Afterwards I got the initial call that I got hired, I started about 1 week later. I was trained the first day and by the next day I was by my own,

Cashier Interview

Interview

The hiring and interview process is really quick and they do group interview which are surprisingly comfortable. They gave everyone a chance to speak and asked really simple questions. After the interview they called back 2 days later and I was hired.