Kohl's Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.0

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was easy and straightforward. The interviewer asked the typical retail questions and questions about your work experience (if you had none you can talk about school or college). They email you and let you pick the day and time of the interview.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Filled out online application. Automated system to set up interview one day later. Interviewed with a department manager, not store manager. at the end was told application would be passed on to store manager for review. no call back. Very frustrating that companies do not wrap back around with management level candidates.

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Filled out an Online application. Was emailed a response a couple days later to schedule an interview from a variety of dates and times. Showed up at customer service and waited the manager to take us in for interview. It was a group interview of 8 people. Everyone introduced themselves and then we answered questions and discussed them. Still waiting to hear from them via email.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I sat in a room with 4 other people, the interviewer asked us the obvious questions, what hours could you work, why did you apply, customers always right questions and then we wrote on a piece of paper our hours and I got the email later that I got the job. Now I have to do the drug test and then i am ready to go.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean " The customers are always right"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position online. I received a email to schedule a interview three days later. This was a group interview. There were around 12 people. We all answer two questions each. Everyone had a different question. We went around the room and gave our answers.

Interview Questions

• They gave everyone a different question. First they had everyone tell a little about themselves and then we went around the room and answer the question given to us individually.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. They brought us into a back room and asked us different questions. For a lot of the questions, each individual went around and said there answer. Towards the end, they asked us questions like how we would deal with a certain situation, and different people raised their hand to answer it.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Simple, basic, mostly generic retail based interview questions. One on one interview with an area specific manager. Manager mostly reads questions right off a sheet. Review of basic interview questions and self overview preparation for interview would suffice.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was a group interview. Everyone in the group was asked the same question. We were asked to mock sell an item to the interviewer. They mentioned they would have their answer within a week and they did.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an employee that steals?   1 Answer

MJM Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was really friendly and easy. The person made me feel comfortable and explained everything very well. It was easy and fast. It was a one and one interview.

Interview Questions

• Is the costumer always right?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied on snagajob. Got a call in 5 days. Group interview, enough easy and relaxed. In several days got an offer. I think almost all in my group have been hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Minimal wage.