Kohl's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Hillsborough, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Hillsborough, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager did her best to diffuse my nervousness and was down to earth as she spoke with me about my previous work history and even about pros and cons about myself. The process was pretty quick and straight forward. I was hired after this interview, which was for a seasonal associate position, and after working there for the season they kept me on.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Downey, CA).

Interview

Applied online got called for a followup, then went to a group interview, where they ask everyone the same question but never in a same order , be honest they just want to see how relaxed you are around everyone

Interview Questions

• A time where you had to make a difficult decision   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Wake Forest, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process went great! I met with two managers and they made the interview fun and social. I was uptight and kinda nervous until then..but it went well. They told me about the company and how many hours i was expected to work.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was so late to my interview which wasn't a good look at all. My car had broke down on the way so I called and told them what had happened and that I was on my way still if they didn't want to reschedule. When I got there EVERYONE made me feel so comfortable. Usually I'm a nervous wreck with all my interviews.

Interview Questions

• If your dealing with a customer and another customer interrupts, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always negotiate what your experience backs up.

Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (American Fork, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

They emailed me a few days after I applied and asked me to go to a website to schedule an interview. The manager I met with wanted the interview to be more of a conversation than a list of questions. He was extremely friendly and approachable. The interview went very well and I could tell working for Kohl's would be an enjoyable experience.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Asked questions "Why do you want to work here" "Sell me this pen" "tell me about yourself" "name a time where you had hardship with someone"
    Easy to answer, for me at least.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's in May 2016.

Interview

Applied one day, got an email to schedule an interview on the same day, and offered a job on the spot. The assistant store manager was very friendly and straight forward with questions and introductions of the company. The offices and break area that I was shown before the interview was very inviting and illustrated an inviting atmosphere to work. The overall interview process was a pleasant experience.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in March 2016.

Interview

I found the position online and submitted my resume and answered some basic questions. I received an email the next day asking me to set up a time for a interview. I made my interview for the next week. There was never any phone calls, just interaction through email. I arrived early to my interview and brought a copy of my resume and references. I had a one on one interview with the manager. He asked me about myself, my experience, and my school. He then asked me several questions about how I would handle certain situations. It was a great experience. The manager was extremely nice and wasn't trying to hurry the interview. The overall interview took about 30 minutes. I was offered the position. Although he said I would receive an email with a few days stating I got the job, along with some forms for background checks and drug tests. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kohls?   Answer Question
    • Would your past coworkers describe you as very reliable, not very reliable, or about the same compared to them?   Answer Question
    • You are helping a customer, when another customer come up and asks you a question, how do you respond?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw another coworker doing something thou knew was wrong?   Answer Question
    • What made you want to work in retail again?   Answer Question
    • What do you think is the most important aspect of working in a retail environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not really a negotiation stage. He stated that at the position I was interested in it started out at $9 an hour.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2015.

Interview

The typical questions were asked. I felt very comfortable throughout the whole process. I was under the impression that I would soon be offered the position after I left the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Orlando, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

It was group interview of 8 people with the hiring manager and another manager. They first told us it would be a seasonal job and we are expected to work on holidays. Than we filled out papers. The hiring manager went around and asked us questions and started with a new person each time. They asked for us to try and be creative with our answers. We were told there was background check to be done and would get a call or letter in the mail within a week.

Interview Questions

• If the New York times were to write a story about you, what would the headline be?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were appraised for something good.   Answer Question