Kohl's Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Customer Service Interview Questions

2.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. They go around the room asking each person the same question.She switched up who was answering the question first, so everyone had at least one time that they had to answer first.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if you were helping one customer and another customer needed your help?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Customers Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Savannah, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an open interview. The experience was pleasant because it was more of a group thing instead of an individual experience. I was able to learn new interview ing skills and how to interact with others. An pen interview is a modern day technology. I was not as nervous.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

group interview, series of questions and scenarios and how one would handle that if the situation would present itself. they then screen individuals and ask some to either stay or leave. if your are still in the room they then set up a 1 one 1 interview to college further documentation.

Interview Questions

• if a customer wants to apply for a credit card but state they left their ID in the car but knows all the information. what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Filled out an application online, then went in and asked to speak with the manager. I was interviewed on the spot and hired on the spot. Interview was easy-- we mostly just chatted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Everyone starts at the same pay.

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Watertown, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Group interview. Everyone goes around and answers each question either about past experience or situational behavior. They dismissed who they didn't want to hire and had the rest of us fill out paperwork for reference checks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time you went above and beyond for a customer to give exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Sioux Falls, SD) in October 2011.

Interview

I was called by Kohl's one day based on the application I entered on SnagAJob.com and was told to come in at a certain time. Upon arriving there they basically had me fill out paperwork from their store while asking me questions. After that they called back because they had issues with the paperwork (A week later from the interview) for the background check, which I gave over the phone. Awhile later I received an offer which I took.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jordan, UT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (West Jordan, UT) in May 2011.

Interview

It was a group interview, 11 people, we sat around a table and they asked questions. We all answered every question ie How did you deal with coworker conflict? Best customer service experience? How do you deal with stress in the workplace? Favorite place to shop and why? What does good customer service mean to you? It was actually pretty relaxed and comfortable. Everyone was joking around, it was a good experience. They went over the positions that were available, expectations. We had an opportunity to ask questions. They said they would get back to us about 1:1 interviews within a week.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with conflict with a coworker?   1 Answer

I got offered a better paying job closer to home.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2009.

Interview

Applied online and received call back for interview. Went to interview only to walk in and find out there was 9 other people in the room for the same position. It end up being a group interview. There was two managers there, one was asking the questions and the other was writing down your responses.

Interview Questions

• The questions were easy surprisingly, nothing out the usual. There was one question that tripped some of people up, which I thought was a make or break question. The question was, If you see a friend stealing, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the HR called offered me the position that I applied for and told me what the rate of pay would be.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's in February 2011.

Interview

This experience was extremely frustrating and disappointing. Group interview with 8 other people, 1 no-show. They claimed they were hiring for 20 positions!!! Looked like all of us were in! Interview consisted of a series of behavior and attitude checking questions, standard interview stuff. They asked us each the same question, one by one. Finally, the interview ended with filling out paperwork (as if they intended to hire us), again standard stuff, but included agreement to take a drug test, approval of a criminal background check, and a credit check. I wasn't ultimately hired, so why did they need to do a credit check? One-on-one interview at the end consisted of being asked if I was willing to work until 11:30 p.m. Honestly, this seemed to be the main point. 2 days later, I received a rejection letter, with my name misspelled on both the envelope and in the letter. No loss being rejected by someone who can't even bother to spell my name correctly, even though they had my name and signature on several forms (agreement to take a drug test, approval of criminal background check), approval of credit check, job application, printout of my online application, schedule/availability questionnaire, plus I submitted a resume). I filled out all these forms, so I know my name was spelled correctly on all of them. Smarmy rejection letter was more patronizing and condescending than polite and considerate. Frustrating because I was only asked, in a very pushy way, whether or not I can work until 11:30p.m. (I cannot). Disappointing because the website makes them appear to be such a good company. I had spent 3 days preparing for the interview, reading all I could about their company, from which I got a good impression. But if the carelessness of this particular HR person is any indication, DON'T BELIEVE THE WEBSITE.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond expectations.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you missed an appointment.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's in August 2009.

Interview

During the interview, a number of things were discussed. One question that stuck out was that of shopliftiing. The question was something along the lines of : "What do you think should happen to an associate that has been stealing?" I answered that they should be terminated, regardless of the situation.

Interview Questions

• What should happen with an associate that has been shoplifting?   1 Answer