Kohl's Freight Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

1.7

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Tucson, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Put in app at Kohl’s,was contacted by e mail to choose a time to come in for the interview .You could choose between three different times that were available on the day that they were conducting interviews for that position

Interview Questions

• What was something you did that was above and beyond what was expected?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Freight Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online and got an email the day after to schedule an interview. It was cool that it was with the store manager, rather than someone in Human Resources, because it seemed like she actually knew what she was talking about.
    After the interview, she hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What's a good reason to miss work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Greenville, NC).

Interview

It was an group interview, it was basic questions, the employer made you feel comfortable also honest, laid back better then my other interviews. Will email you within 24 hours or a week if you get the job may or may not drug test

Interview Questions

• What's your availability ?
      Long term goals ?
      Are you willing to work weekends holidays
      Can you handle an upset customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Royersford, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Royersford, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

easy interview, nice manager, but got hit with a 9 an hour flat then the humiliation was a little watered down with a 30% off anytime plus whatever coupon, but doesn't really make up for it...kind've like 10 an hour but still slave wage. if you're like 18-24 and it's within your comfort zone then not a bad part time especially in the obama ruined economy. did offer a probable part time upon doing the seasonal. khols is a nice environment although depending on the location. ghettoer city ones are probably much more stressful whereas nicer suburban ones are mostly middle aged co workers and friendlier because khols is a family like place and woman work there. thats a good pro, peaceful place and other than the wage its not humiliating or drug addicts. urine test required.

Interview Questions

• list of broad simple questions   1 Answer

Freight Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a couple days later instructing me to schedule an interview. Was a group interview - about 7 other people in the group with me. The store manager talked to us, explained what they were looking for, gave each of us an availability sheet to fill out, then went one by one asking questions. The interview lasted an hour, and each of us were only asked 3 questions. I received an email a day later saying I got the job.

It was an easy interview overall, very laid back. I'm normally a nervous wreck at interviews, however I felt comfortable at this one.

Anonymous Employee in Haymarket, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Haymarket, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Got offered an interview the day after I applied online. They asked me to come in the store for the interview, offered me the job on the spot with pay rate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job and why do you think you're a good fit for it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

So, the job post was for the freight Associate (early morning) position. Typically if you see a post like that, that's exactly what you think they'd require of you. But nope, not this job. It took about a couple weeks before I got the interview email to come in for an interview. I was excited and nerve wrecked all at once. Arranged for my son to be watched, made sure I was at the interview early and ready to go. They had me Sign all the papers about my personal info and Availability that I ALREADY completed electronically when I applied for the job. Finally, I got called in by a manager I'm guessing. She sits down and looks at my paperwork and her face immediately shift. I knew something was wrong. She then says to me, " So, are these the only hours you're available?" And I told her it was (it was all early morning shifts I put as my Availability). She says, "Well the freight truck only comes about once or twice a week, if at all. We require all our employees to work a 6:30pm-11pm shift as well." I was PISSED!! Their job posting is EXTREMELY misleading. I wouldn't have wasted my time applying if the primary position they applied for wasn't the actual position I'd get. What's the point in having a freight position available if there hardly is a freight job to do?! That's so stupid!!! Moral of my review: Call them and confirm what position they are hiring for and what hours they require before you waste your time like I did.

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Carmel, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

Arrived about 10 minutes early, and my interviewer set things up. He went over a couple of basics of the job and why the holidays did indeed suck, but said that the job was overall pretty easy. He asked some of those "basic interview questions" that deal with your involvement with customers, etc.

Although I applied for the Freight Associate role, the interviewer explained to me that there was an "omni fulfillment" portion where he think I'd suit well in since of my previous warehouse experience. He said that his team was desperately in need for someone for that position, so I pretty much got hired for that role. Although it wasn't what I expected / wanted, I actually ended up liking it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Las Cruces, NM) in November 2016.

Interview

Group interview was done, you introduced yourself, explained your past job experiences, why you choose this jobs and was asked a series of questions. It was not too stressful than if you were alone with your interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason you would miss work?   1 Answer
    • If a co-worker did something unethical, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • If you have too much work, what would you do   1 Answer

Freight Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Overall the Interview was easy. It was a group interview and everyone could raise their hand to answer any of the questions asked. There were only 6 questions asked and the questions were mostly about the company and how you would benefit it. They were looking for sesonal employees at that time.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing thing you can do better than anyone else?   2 Answers