Kohl's Freight Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Freight Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

1.8

Freight Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Overall the Interview was easy. It was a group interview and everyone could raise their hand to answer any of the questions asked. There were only 6 questions asked and the questions were mostly about the company and how you would benefit it. They were looking for sesonal employees at that time.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing thing you can do better than anyone else?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Las Cruces, NM) in November 2016.

Interview

Group interview was done, you introduced yourself, explained your past job experiences, why you choose this jobs and was asked a series of questions. It was not too stressful than if you were alone with your interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason you would miss work?   1 Answer
    • If a co-worker did something unethical, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • If you have too much work, what would you do   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clermont, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Clermont, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, with 5 of us around a table and an assistant manager asking the questions. One of the first things she said was that we would likely be moved around from position to position but that we'd all be starting as cashiers. That's not at all the job I applied for, so it was surprising as well as disappointing to me that they'd have me come interview for a different position without any warning, but I went ahead and interviewed anyway. They also told us it was a seasonal job, which we all knew, and that we would be required to work on Thanksgiving and Black Friday. The manager asked several questions and chose one or two of us to answer them (so it wasn't just everyone answering all the same questions). Then we filled out a form stating our availability and she told us we'd probably get an email within the next two weeks if we were selected. The whole thing took about 20 minutes and was pretty easy.

I just had the interview so I won't know for a while whether I receive an offer, but Glassdoor is requiring an answer on this so I'm selecting "Yes, but I declined".

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to right a wrong.   Answer Question
    • Was there a time in school or work you were the best at something? What was it?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are acceptable reasons for calling out of work, and how would you go about doing it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Kenosha, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Kohl's utilizes the group interviews due to the high number of employees that they need at any given time. I was interviewing with only one other applicant as the third was a no show. It was extremely relaxed. The interviewer gave us a little background about herself, the other managers, and what they were looking for in Kohl's employees before asking any questions. She took turns letting either one of us answer first, so that we weren't always taking the other person's answer. Overall it was one of the easiest interviews that I've personally experienced.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about missing work and what do you think are appropriate circumstances to miss work?   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you went above and beyond with a customer.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Kohl's   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Grand Junction, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email the next day for an interview. The interview was a group interview which went by very well. They ask simple questions like why you applied with their company and about your prior work experience. The manager offered me a job on the spot and told me I should be receiving an email for background check that week. The background check only took 4 days to get back.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you dealt with a difficult situation at work   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting pay at 9.50 since I had prior retail experience and offered to cross train which was great.

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Fontana, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview,I was extremely nervous but the interviewer was soooooo friendly that she eased my nerves .We all were asked a question then went around the table and answered individually and uniquely.it was fast but very informative.I am completely satisfied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I surprisingly was interviewed in a group of 2 gentlemen and 5 ladies, for a total of 7 interviewees. This is the first time I was ever interviewed in a group, and it was awkward at first, but then very pleasant. They went around the table asking each of us the same question, and would sometimes reverse order. We had two Managers giving the interview and scribbling on their clip boards when they liked (or hated) an answer. One manger was pleasant and smiled and did most of the talking and inquiries. While the other manager was cold, callous, and acted like he hated us all. We were given 2 pieces of paper to fill out at the end, 1 for availability and 1 for documentation to bring in for employment. We were pretty much dismissed after filling out the paper work and being told that all hiring was completed by a 3rd party and to check our emails we provided earlier. It has been a little over a week, and no word back. Application still says "Under Consideration."

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this Company?, Have you ever had to extend credit card offers in a previous job?, Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer?, What are your feelings on being late to work or not showing?, 3 most important things in working in a retail environment like this?, Why did you leave your previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Temecula, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Put in an application online, got an email a week later for an interview. Was a group interview, which I didn't really care for. People tend to start to have the same kind of answers and it's not fun trying to say the same thing but in 10 different ways for some of the questions. The interviewer though was informing and helpful, very kind and put people at ease before we started.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was about how you feel about missing work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marlboro, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Marlboro, NJ).

Interview

Applied on 8/27 got the call for a group interview a few days later. Went there, they asked some basic questions and had us all go around answering the same question. Filled out some paper work. A few days later, got the call back for the job. Overall, positive, simple and very good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Prescott Valley, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Prescott Valley, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed environment. Talked about the job description what Kohls stands for. Really laid back and nice interview. They asked a lot of personal questions to get a better understanding of you as the candidate. Really open to your experiences and goals to better help you with your career. They emphasized team work a lot and group bonding to create a cohesive unit at the store. Overall, the interview process was amazing and geared towards finding a person that would fit the store culture.

Interview Questions

• What is the most successful thing you have accomplished in your life?   Answer Question