Kohl's Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.2

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Houston, TX).

Interview

I submitted a physical application, got called within the week to set up an interview, and got hired the next week. It's usually a group interview, usually with the store manager and the schedule maker. An assistant manager may help with the interview. It it a pretty easy interview.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

basic availability and credit obtaining questions,asked about previous jobs and responsibilities,what I liked and disliked about last job,how long did I plan on staying at Kohls and what positions I was interested in working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

fast was offered job day after my interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Conroe, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and i the next day I got an email inviting me for an interview there was a link to choose a date and time. There was only one day and three different times. It was a group interview so I was kind of intimidated since everyone else had experience except for me. The manager was nice and asked a couple of questions and so did her supervisor. We weren't asked the same questions and I got nervous since everyone else seemed to know what to say. I didn't got an email or a phone call so I didn't get the job.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Pearland, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

You schedule the first interview online through your email. You get to choose the date and time through their website. The interview is with the store manager and is pretty straight forward. You discuss your history and past work experiences and then the manager does some what if scenarios. If they like you then you receive an email the next day consenting to a background check and drug test and if all goes well then you receive an email letting you know you are hired and you get to schedule your first day online

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (The Woodlands, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Thursday, and I received an email on Saturday about scheduling an interview. On Monday I went in for my interview, it was considered a group interview but there were only 2 of us there. We were interviewed by the manager. She was really nice and asked some pretty simple questions, and also a couple that you had to really think about. The interview was very relaxed, it felt like I was just chatting with a couple of girlfriends. By the end of it, the manager offered us both the job.

Seasonal Freight Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Conroe, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Very simple, to the point interview. Not a lot of questions. Time- 5-10 minutes, tops. The interviewer, was very polite and helpful with questions. As soon as the interview was over, with no retail experience, they wanted me back for a second interview, (3) days later. Overall, very easy interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Pasadena, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I was asked about previous work experience & explained the benefits, and then asked one basic interview question. I interviewed in a group of 8 people including myself and the manager was pretty chill and made everyone feel comfortable. She let us know that we would be contacted within 24-48 hours. Overall I felt comfortable.

Part Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Missouri City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Missouri City, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I waited 35 minutes from the appointed time of my interview before I was met by the manager. While waiting, I saw him enter and exit the restroom and also cruise the floor without ever stopping in to let me know he would be with me shortly.

Interview Questions

• How did I see my work performance and work ethic in relation to coworkers at my current position - was I a better employee than most of my coworkers and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none, other than I negotiated to work two ten hour shift each Saturday and Sunday, and that I would need two weekends off in a row each quarter to accommodate my schedule with my full time employer.

POS Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Conroe, TX).

Interview

They responded in about 3 weeks to schedule an interview. The next avaliable date to schedual an interview was about 3 weeks after that(this process took WAY to long). On the day of the interview I walked in about 20 minutes earlier then schedualed.The manager was busy so I had to wait in the lounge for about an hour for her to finish. I wasn't upset, since I got to meet a couple of the workers there (really nice people). After she had called me into her office, she asked me the questions and I felt really confident since they were really simple basic questions. Plus it was more of a friendly conversation rather than an interview dince she was also very young and coyld relate with me. But in the end I didn't get the job, because they were looking for someone with a highschool deploma.. and sadly I'm a student in my final year of highschool.
    Over all good interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at kohls?   Answer Question
    • what about you are some reasons I should hire you?   Answer Question
    • How would you correct somebody if they had messed up on a job/task?   Answer Question
    • What do you do if you saw a customer/coworker attempting to steal from the company?   Answer Question

POS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tomball, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Tomball, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy you get an email asking when you could show up for an interview, then they confirm and give you a detail email to show up early and let the cashier know you are there. Went on an 1-1 interview. Process was average on difficulty

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone appears to be stealing   1 Answer