Kohl's Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I did an on campus recruitment interview with Kohls which was about 30 mins. Not very formal, the people where very welcoming and was called with a few weeks letting me I was hired for a management in training intern.

Interview Questions

• What attracted me to Kohls? What leadership roles have I had in the past? What are my 3 opportunities?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview, asked a lot about leadership experience and what you want from an internship moving into a career. They didn't ask anything too crazy that may catch you off guard. May ask one random question to see how well you can think on your feet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I talked to them at my school's career fair and the person asked me if I was interested. They emailed me that same day to set up an interview, The interview was a week later at my school. The interviewer was very nice and made the whole thing very comfortable. Had a call for the second round of management intern interview. Waiting on the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Kohls?
      Describe a time when you showed leadership
      How do you deal with problems?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a video interview. After the interview I was flown to Milwaukee for the final interview event. They took all th my candidates on a tour of the city and the offices. Interview questions were normal behavioral questions. The process was three different 20 minute interviews and then a group interview in which we were presented a case. The inteviewers observed how we worked together as a group.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (East Lansing, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice and laid back. Didn't write down too much. Questions were pretty standard questions, some more specific to describing yourself instead of a situation you've dealt with. Main reason I was not invited for a second interview is because I am a sophomore and they are looking for Junior/Seniors. Heard back in 2 days.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kohl's (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

Started at career fair at my university with recruiter. Second interview at corporate over two days. Three different individual interviews at corporate no group interview as in the past. Fairly fast process.

Interview Questions

• No group interview. Interviewed by three individuals.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in September 2015.

Interview

It was a very simple interview with mostly behavioral questions. The man who interviewed me was really nice and made the whole process much easier. I was told that I would find out about the results of my interview within a week, but a week and a half later it was still quiet. I finally got in contact with them and they told me I wouldn't be moving forward with this particular internship program because I wasn't a good fit, but that they really liked me and would consider me for full-time positions next year. If you're applying for an internship, make sure you specify about how you like the internship program in particular and aren't just looking for any job that will pay you.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through our campus job site. First interview was about 30 minutes on campus. Then I went to Milwaukee overnight. First night was dinner and a tour of the city. Second day was touring the corporate headquarters along with 3 one-on-one interviews and a group case study. A lot of behavioral questions and testing knowledge of Kohl's and the retail industry.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is missing from our store and what celebrity could we bring in to endorse it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in February 2015.

Interview

They were extremely friendly and attentive. The process was quick and pleasant. I met a recruiter at the career fair and had an interview a week after that. The second interview took place two weeks later at the local Kohl's store and I got a response the same week. All three interviewers were very nice. The questions they asked were the common behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you made a mistake and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Riverside, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

There was two interview the first one was at my school and it was a casual conversational interview that was one on on. The second was at their distribution center. The second interview I was interviewed by 3 different people and then I was given a tour of the location.