Kohl's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I waited for about five min and then went into her office. She was nice. I was asked about school and previous work experience. It took ten min or less.

Interview Questions

• What is one problem you've had with a customer in the past and how have you solved it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online, process took really long. Got in for interview, and interviewer started like

interviewer: I'm looking for "Orange" (referring tech to Orange and Pear here, say I applied for "Pear").
    Me: Your job description is all about "Pear" and I applied for "Pear", and my profile has no mention of "Orange" (very different domain) so why did you call me for the interview?
    interviewer: I'm looking for "Orange", and you are not a good fit.

Advice for management: I believe there are many smart and committed folks are there but few like this interviewer is giving bad name to your company, you may want to look into that.

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

There was a friendly atmosphere. I had an interview in Glendora Kohls.
    She was smiley and most of the time listened carefully. Because I arrived there too soon, they led me to their break room. It was a good experience to see the employeis in an informal environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me about customer service?
      Do you have any question?
      Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Applied through college website and met with them at a career fair. They had a before interview dinner that was very helpful. For the interview there were two 30 min sessions with different interviewees.

Interview Questions

• They asked about their partnerships with other companies and how to test if they are successful.   1 Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I went in for spring hiring event. It was a walk in interview. I was individually interviewed and it took about 10 minutes.There were about 10 set of question to ask and were very basic.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Nice process. I felt comfortable and looked forward to an offer. The people during the interview were very nice. They treated me like a real person with respect.Nice process. I felt comfortable and looked forward to an offer. The people during the interview were very nice. They treated me like a real person with respect.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I did a video interview on an app called HireVue. The video was prerecorded. There were 7 questions. You also have 3 days to complete the interview on the app after u get your code.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to be a store manager?

how has your background prepared you for this position?

What qualities do you possess that make you a great leader?

why do you want to work for Kohl's?

What motivates you?
      Answer Question

POS Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Folsom, CA).

Interview

Applied online, got an email to come in for an interview a few days later. Asked me 1 or 2 questions before I mentioned I was 17, then they told me they couldn't hire me until I turned 18. Which confused me, because I'd already told them my age in my application.
    The interviewer was professional, but quite friendly nonetheless.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied through my college at the career fair. They emailed afterwards and set up an interview within the next week on campus. The interview was about 15 minutes. It was an average interview with basic questions. The interviewers were very nice and friendly people. The job description seemed like it would entail a lot more responsibility and opportunity to grow in the marketing and advertising area but after further description, it was basically like working at a Kohl's Department Store. Personally that is not what I was looking for in an internship.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR to discuss the position and my qualifications. Received a call the next week to say they weren't interested in interviewing me any further. Said the reason was they didn't believe my analysis/excel skills were what they were looking for. My prior positions were all Excel reporting, modeling, and analysis so I'm not sure what they were talking about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, how do your prior positions relate to this one, etc.   Answer Question