Kohl's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.5

621 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a email to set up a interview. Went in and was asked basic questions and was told to wait for a offer letter through email in the next 3-5 days

Area Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I showed up for the interview. The hiring manager had no clue who I was. When I gave him my info and what I was interviewing for I was told the position was filled some time ago. The manager was nice and interviewed me anyway. Not great communication between the store and HR recruiting.

Store Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (College Station, TX).

Interview

Meet them at my school's career fair, very personable and nice recruiters who right away let me know I would get an interview. The interview was with two store managers, they went straight to behavioral questions and industry related questions. I think part of why I did not get an offer is because this internship is meant to be a streamline to build future Store Managers and Assistant Managers, and I told them that was not my planned career path.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have led a team, or worked with a team?   1 Answer

Store Operations Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

The questions are not behavioral. Not very skilled interviewer. The interviewer asked a lot of questions about customer service/retail experiences. The interview only took about 20 minutes. There should be two runs for interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crete, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Crete, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the same day to schedule an interview. The process was fairly simple. I arrived to the interview 10 minutes early and was asked to take a seat in the employee lounge area. While sitting there, I noticed two other applicants walked in and then found out we would be doing a group interview. The store manager greeted us and took the 3 of us into his office for the interview. I thought I did well with the interview and at the end he asked one of the other applicants to stay because he had a "question about her resume" and told the other two of us that we should receive an email in 24 hours for either an acceptance letter or decline letter. I never received either. After doing some research online I found out that quite a few people who interview get offered positions on the spot. This leads me to believe the applicant the manager asked to stay out of the 3 of us was offered a position and the other two of us were not. There is alot of helpful hints online about what to expect with getting hired and I wish I would have read them all before I interviewed. I think my chances would have increased.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Group interview, made you feel welcome, gave you the basics of what’s going to happen, could feel the uncomfortableness and nervousness between everyone in the room, doesn’t tell you it’s a group interview until you get there

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Laurel, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied at night and quickly got a response for an interview the next morning. Went in on Monday. It was supposed to be 3 people, but one person didn't show and the other was. Even though I was there 10 minutes early. I thought the it went great for my first interview, but I got denied Thursday. I could tell because of how the interviewer was talking to the much older lady, basically giving her the job on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

There was a group interview with 10 people. The manager doing the interview had us stuff into a room for a group style interview. There wasn't much for questions to be answered. There were younger and older people in the interview, some high school kids seemed very nervous. I answered all of the interviewing managers questions, but instantly could tell she did not like me. She already made her mind up about me before the interview started and could tell since she asked me with disgust on her face for my answer, while welcoming other answers. Knowing that I have many years of customer service, sales, business and education work experience that I was one of the top qualified in the room. They were not looking for qualified, but more who their favorites could be or whom they could exploit the most probably.

I received a email the following day saying that they would not be hiring me. I figured as much, since I was singled out by a novice interviewing manager in a unprofessional setting. This was sad because I love the store and shop there all they time, but will probably no longer shop there since I'm obviously not good enough to be hired by them.

I probably would suggest not applying if you are a male either since you are looked at in a different light by the manager doing interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email about an interview the next day. Scheduled interview for about four days later. Arrived five minutes early (like told) and was told by customer service to wait a few minutes until the HR came. Was greeted by HR and was taken to stock room/office. Filled out availability sheet and then was asked a few pretty simple questions. Kind of got conversational. Really comfortable though, just would've preferred more job-related questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Kohl's?   1 Answer
    • What did you like and dislike about your previous job?   1 Answer
    • What do you do when not working?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in two years?   1 Answer

Seasonal Freight Associate Interview

Application

Interview

The manager was 25 minutes late. It was a group interview and was asked to describe ourselves. The manager was very laid back and made the interview less nerve-racking