Kohl's Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Palmdale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online next day received invitation for interview. Scheduled interview online only one option which I had to wait for about 2-3 weeks. Easy basic interview, lasted about 10-15 minutes hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Arlington Heights, IL).

Interview

Very vague and cookie cutter. Similar to any other retail interview that you would experience. You can tell they are more concerned with an applicants availability than anything else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coeur d'Alene, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Coeur d'Alene, ID) in March 2017.

Interview

I had interviewed here twice in two years and felt really comfortable each time. Thorough questions and personable exchange with confirmations if I had questions. My second time here I had one conversation then another with a different manager. There is a higher standard and accountability at (this) Kohls but I am impressed by it and really wanted to work there. If I had another go at it I would highlight this much more.I applied Online and got a response next day, by phone, email which were persistent but welcoming. I booked my time via their Kenexa which offers much flexibility to choose from, a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you went the extra mile at work
      Define customer service
      Hours/availability
      Do you have any issues marketing their store Cards/memberships
      How to people define you in business, school, other
      What was your greatest achievement at a job
      Describe your most stressful job/position in past
      How did you resolve a customer grievance/issue/problem
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Corpus Christi, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. One woman asked about 6 of us the same questions about customer interactions and stations that could occur. It was casual and short. I applied online and received an Date for an interview with one week.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a employee stealing from the store?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle multiple customers at once?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Filled out an application online and was called for an interview not too long after. Everything is done online now, not in store. Interview was a one on one but can be group interviews as well.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience, and if you were able to handle a large volume of customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

applied. got email a week later . choose interview date and time .
    it was a group interview , a few days later got job offer. it was easy and quick i start in two days

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Concord, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Group interview And they are very negative and play with your job .. You only fold for like a week and then they just stick you anyplace they want they have you work Over night and they also micro manage ...the hr was the best part of it all she was the most nice person.

Interview Questions

• Do you work Over night shifts?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hanford, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Hanford, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

A relaxed group interview. We took turns going around answering questions. There was two managers present. when all questions were answered they let a few people go and said they would hear back. Then they offered everyone else a postition

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if you seen a coworker stealing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (York, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Quick (10 mins), decent amount of questions (10-15), I was given a paper to put down what hours would best fit me, very nice, very comforting, you can easily tell from the interview if you feel like you got the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Lawrenceville, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied early September of this year and they contacted me a few days later on the 24th of September for an interview on the 26th. The group consisted of 10 people. They had us fill out the availability forms.Then they took us back into a small office to start the interview. They had us introduce ourselves and they asked us about three or four questions. Initially I was a bit intimidated because I was a little worried about people having better answers than me. But the managers made me really comfortable. It felt like more of a group conversation. The store manager told us how we will be contacted if we're chosen. The whole process took about 50 minutes. But that's only because it was a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time where you caught a coworker doing something dishonest and tell us how you handled the situation.   1 Answer
    • What's the most important things when working in retail?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a customer needed you while you were with another customer?   1 Answer