Kohl's Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.0

184 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Elk Grove, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview of 10 people including myself. First we filled out a paper with our names, availability, and desired position. This would be the sheet that the HM would use to "grade" us. He gave a brief background of himself to lighten the mood and make everyone feel relaxed. We had a total of 3 questions. Everyone had to answer the same question, but it started with a different person every time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were commended.   1 Answer
  • What would you do if you were helping a customer and another customer interrupted?   1 Answer
  • Find something that you have with you and try to convince me to buy it   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a group interview with two other applicants. We each got a turn to answer the question. The interviewer picked the order so nobody had to answer first every time.

Anonymous Employee in North Riverside, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (North Riverside, IL).

Interview

I filled out the application on line got a call within a week, and then went in for the interview with about 20 other people , about 4 of us got hired

Anonymous Employee in Lake Park, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's (Lake Park, FL).

Interview

Phone call had questions. Set up appointment for following day.
    Met at job sight wirh others, sign 8n at door, escorted to room location while await with others.
    Were called by names,, ended with a group interview which was interesting for the 1st timd.

Interview Questions

• Was I prepared to move up in this company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ocean City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Ocean City, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

their were 2 interviews ,they ask you situation based questions like tell me situation where you took initiative to perform a task and tell you how they work and what will your work to do

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohl's (McDonough, GA).

Interview

Applied in may got called in July. They hire at certain times and based on their needs. They called me in for an interview in July and I was surprised to find out that it was a group interview of about 8 people including myself. Overall it wasn't nerve racking and positive.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

The interviews were quick and efficient. It was not a difficult interview. I had two interviews set up the same day. I met with one supervisor and interviewed and the other was with the store manager. The interviews were not all that time consuming. Maybe half hour to forty five minutes. I was offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Palmdale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online next day received invitation for interview. Scheduled interview online only one option which I had to wait for about 2-3 weeks. Easy basic interview, lasted about 10-15 minutes hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Rochester, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was emailed from Kohl's to set up an interview. They had options to chose from. I checked in at the customer service desk and they told me to sit on the bench and wait for someone to get me. It was a one on one interview and was pretty easy going. Interview questions were basic and easy for me. I received an email less than 48 hours after my interview offering me the job

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself as reliable, less reliable or more reliable compared to your coworkers and give an example to back up your rating   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at kohls   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Arlington Heights, IL).

Interview

Very vague and cookie cutter. Similar to any other retail interview that you would experience. You can tell they are more concerned with an applicants availability than anything else.