Kohl's Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohl's (McDonough, GA).

Interview

Applied in may got called in July. They hire at certain times and based on their needs. They called me in for an interview in July and I was surprised to find out that it was a group interview of about 8 people including myself. Overall it wasn't nerve racking and positive.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

The interviews were quick and efficient. It was not a difficult interview. I had two interviews set up the same day. I met with one supervisor and interviewed and the other was with the store manager. The interviews were not all that time consuming. Maybe half hour to forty five minutes. I was offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Palmdale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online next day received invitation for interview. Scheduled interview online only one option which I had to wait for about 2-3 weeks. Easy basic interview, lasted about 10-15 minutes hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Rochester, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was emailed from Kohl's to set up an interview. They had options to chose from. I checked in at the customer service desk and they told me to sit on the bench and wait for someone to get me. It was a one on one interview and was pretty easy going. Interview questions were basic and easy for me. I received an email less than 48 hours after my interview offering me the job

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself as reliable, less reliable or more reliable compared to your coworkers and give an example to back up your rating   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at kohls   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Arlington Heights, IL).

Interview

Very vague and cookie cutter. Similar to any other retail interview that you would experience. You can tell they are more concerned with an applicants availability than anything else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coeur d'Alene, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Coeur d'Alene, ID) in March 2017.

Interview

I had interviewed here twice in two years and felt really comfortable each time. Thorough questions and personable exchange with confirmations if I had questions. My second time here I had one conversation then another with a different manager. There is a higher standard and accountability at (this) Kohls but I am impressed by it and really wanted to work there. If I had another go at it I would highlight this much more.I applied Online and got a response next day, by phone, email which were persistent but welcoming. I booked my time via their Kenexa which offers much flexibility to choose from, a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you went the extra mile at work
      Define customer service
      Hours/availability
      Do you have any issues marketing their store Cards/memberships
      How to people define you in business, school, other
      What was your greatest achievement at a job
      Describe your most stressful job/position in past
      How did you resolve a customer grievance/issue/problem
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Dubuque, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn, and within couple of days I received an email from Kohl's for interview. The interview was very simple, asked me about my previous job experience.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you some disputes with your co-worker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Corpus Christi, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. One woman asked about 6 of us the same questions about customer interactions and stations that could occur. It was casual and short. I applied online and received an Date for an interview with one week.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a employee stealing from the store?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle multiple customers at once?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Filled out an application online and was called for an interview not too long after. Everything is done online now, not in store. Interview was a one on one but can be group interviews as well.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience, and if you were able to handle a large volume of customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

applied. got email a week later . choose interview date and time .
    it was a group interview , a few days later got job offer. it was easy and quick i start in two days