Kohl's Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied online. Got an interview within a week. Went in the week after that. Interview was pretty straight forward and general. They asked questions that are very common when it comes to interviews. Was asked a lot about my previous work experience and a lot of "Tell me a time when..." questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with an upset customer. What did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2015.

Interview

It was very unorganized. I arrived a few minutes early and sat in the break room with the other candidates. 20 minutes go by and we still have not seen an interviewer. I started to think I missed it already, then a POS associate came in asking if we had charge cards. We said no, then she took us to the registers to apply. I was very confused, as i was merely here for an interview, not a card. She told me it was part of the interview process, which was an obvious lie. I was annoyed by this, as they could have simply explained that they had a quota to meet and they would like our help. I walked back to the break room, waited ten more minutes, and the interviewer finally arrived. This was a group interview, the lady went around the table asking us all the same questions. The interview was easy and lasted about 15-20 minutes. I got an email three days later offering me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Eugene, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online got called 2 days later I had a interview at kohls. They asked me minimum of 15 questions. They all were about customer service. Such as why kohls, tell me a time where you had to help a customer make a decision, what do you do in a situation where you had a issue or see an issue with your co worker.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for kohls   1 Answer

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was very laid back, we all took turns answering the same questions. Sometimes the answers were repeated a few times but that didnt seem to matter to the interviewers. I interviewed on a Monday and got a job offer by phone the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a conflict and how you handled it? Give us two words that describe you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Cartersville, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was supposed to be a group interview, but I ended up having a relaxed one-on-one interview. It took less than 5 mins and was very informal. Wasn't worth my time to drive to the store location. They were only hiring for part time positions. 20 hours per week, was the max average. Pay wasn't mediocre, at best. Should be higher to make up for the lack of benefits and hours. Even PT employees have bills to pay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience? How do you provide good customer service? Gove examples. Which dept would you like to work in? Is there anywhere you don't want to work?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable pushing credit cards? Do you have experience in that?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bloomington, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy. Asked me same 10 questions that they ask everyone. I originally applied for a different position and then they scheduled me for MJM which is what I wanted but they said all the positions were full. She called me and said she let go of some other people and thought I would be more qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kohls.   1 Answer

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied online and eventually got a call to set up an interview and come in. The interview was extremely easy - tell me about yourself, how do you deal with a difficult customer, etc. After a little while the HR manager told me what was expected in my position and I was immediately given paperwork to fill out and offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - start at minimum wage, reviews every August (no matter when you're hired) to determine a raise

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Mesa, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Excellent, it was very well done, he asked a lot of questions and allowed you to think of some answers and after he another manager went to do the second interview right then and there and asked different questions.

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Vacaville, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online at snagajob and got a call back within a few days. I had a group interview with about 8 other people. The interview itself was very long because there were so many people, but we were only asked about 5 questions each. They were pretty basic interview questions, nothing hard. It was a pretty relaxed environment and they were friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult situation you've encountered at your previous employment and how did you overcome it? What was one situation where you displayed excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

You fill out an application online, if they are hiring they call you immediately for an interview. They do group interviews and everybody takes turns answering a question. The questions weren't too difficult and the interview didn't last long. After the interview, the hiring process takes about two weeks because they have to interview more people and they do background checks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a customer or a coworker.   Answer Question