Kohl's Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Clarksville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was a group interview with myself and four others. We were interviewed by the store manager and the assistant store manager. The assitant store manager asked about five question total that he read off a form infront of him. We each got a chance to answer a question first. We were all asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online via Snagajob. Received an email telling me they were interested in interviewing me. It was scheduled for 2 weeks from the date the email was sent to me.

On the day of the interview, I showed up 10 minutes early (the email said to arrive at least 5 minutes early to check in at the service desk). When I got to the desk, I was told to sit on a bench nearby and that the hiring manager would be right with me. I waited 20 minutes for the manager, who wasn't even the hiring manager, to go and begin the interview. This was surprising because it seemed like a slow day, there was almost no one in the store. It was not a group interview like I had expected from the other reviews on this website.

The interview was fairly short, only about 10-15 minutes. Most of the questions were general ones much like what you would read on this website. The manager who was interviewing me was kind of unorganized because the hiring manager had actually called out for the day I was being interviewed. I was told that the manager would discuss with the hiring manager about each job candidate and they would get back to me in 24-72 hours. I didn't end up getting the job.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important skill for someone in sales to master?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biddeford, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Biddeford, ME) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call for an interview five days later. Scheduled the interview for the next day. It was a one-on-one interview with basic interview questions. Total process of interview and paperwork was less than a half hour. Was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with soliciting credit? Why do you believe that we should be soliciting credit?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. Although the process took almost a month. The manager that interviewed me was very nice which made it so much easier. The process took about 45 minutes. I got asked a lot of questions. (15+)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kohls?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you exceeded in a situation at work?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were helping a customer and another customer comes up to you and demanding your attention?   Answer Question
    • When was the last time you were given a task with very little explanation of what to do and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied online. Got an interview within a week. Went in the week after that. Interview was pretty straight forward and general. They asked questions that are very common when it comes to interviews. Was asked a lot about my previous work experience and a lot of "Tell me a time when..." questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with an upset customer. What did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2015.

Interview

It was very unorganized. I arrived a few minutes early and sat in the break room with the other candidates. 20 minutes go by and we still have not seen an interviewer.

I started to think I missed it already, then a POS associate came in asking if we had charge cards. We said no, then she took us to the registers to apply. I was very confused, as i was merely here for an interview, not a card. She told me it was part of the interview process, which was an obvious lie. I was annoyed by this, as they could have simply explained that they had a quota to meet and they would like our help.

I walked back to the break room, waited ten more minutes, and the interviewer finally arrived. This was a group interview, the lady went around the table asking us all the same questions. The interview was easy and lasted about 15-20 minutes. I got an email three days later offering me the job.

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's in September 2015.

Interview

Getting on with Kohls seemed to be set up as a slightly competitive process, but the competition present was not all that challenging. A complete novice has a decent shot at standing out. The interview was held in a group setting, all of us together with the other applicants there, and guided by the assistant store manager. We were in a backroom office area where employee training took place. It was a business casual setting. He sat down with us all in a circle formation and asked questions about our past work experiences and handling hypothetical work situations, going around the circle one-at-a-time and letting each of us answer the same question. There is some on-and-off dialoging while you're answering. My advice is this: Have a tasteful dress style walking in, don't get too weird or too flashy, and be honest while promoting yourself. If you say something that doesn't sound right, they might call you on it in front of everyone and have you explain your answer. The questions are not that tough though, nor are they "right" or "wrong". What they're primarily wanting to see is a basic degree of enthusiasm about working there and at least a secondary-school level of social interaction and responsibility on your part. If you make a good show at promoting yourself, you will likely be considered for a Sales/POS position. If you can exhibit a high degree of trustworthiness and can calmly resolve tough or confusing follow-up questions or objections, then you may be considered for Customer Service later. You might be going for a single position, but try to receive consideration for anything a candidate can be considered for, as this will convey multi-purpose usefulness as an employee and likely increase your chances of being hired.

Interview Questions

• In one of your previous jobs, how did you handle (such and such) when (such and such) happened? [not an exact question obviously, but the majority of questions have this format]   1 Answer

Negotiation

They called me on the phone a week or two after the interview and told me that I got the job and what the amount was they were offering. There was a window of opportunity there to request higher pay. Know what your range is and what you're willing to accept before you get the phone call from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Eugene, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online got called 2 days later I had a interview at kohls. They asked me minimum of 15 questions. They all were about customer service. Such as why kohls, tell me a time where you had to help a customer make a decision, what do you do in a situation where you had a issue or see an issue with your co worker.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for kohls   1 Answer

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was very laid back, we all took turns answering the same questions. Sometimes the answers were repeated a few times but that didnt seem to matter to the interviewers. I interviewed on a Monday and got a job offer by phone the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a conflict and how you handled it?
      Give us two words that describe you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Cartersville, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was supposed to be a group interview, but I ended up having a relaxed one-on-one interview. It took less than 5 mins and was very informal. Wasn't worth my time to drive to the store location. They were only hiring for part time positions. 20 hours per week, was the max average. Pay wasn't mediocre, at best. Should be higher to make up for the lack of benefits and hours. Even PT employees have bills to pay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience?
      How do you provide good customer service? Gove examples.
      Which dept would you like to work in? Is there anywhere you don't want to work?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable pushing credit cards? Do you have experience in that?   1 Answer