Kohl's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Arlington Heights, IL).

Interview

Very vague and cookie cutter. Similar to any other retail interview that you would experience. You can tell they are more concerned with an applicants availability than anything else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coeur d'Alene, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Coeur d'Alene, ID) in March 2017.

Interview

I had interviewed here twice in two years and felt really comfortable each time. Thorough questions and personable exchange with confirmations if I had questions. My second time here I had one conversation then another with a different manager. There is a higher standard and accountability at (this) Kohls but I am impressed by it and really wanted to work there. If I had another go at it I would highlight this much more.I applied Online and got a response next day, by phone, email which were persistent but welcoming. I booked my time via their Kenexa which offers much flexibility to choose from, a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you went the extra mile at work
      Define customer service
      Hours/availability
      Do you have any issues marketing their store Cards/memberships
      How to people define you in business, school, other
      What was your greatest achievement at a job
      Describe your most stressful job/position in past
      How did you resolve a customer grievance/issue/problem
      Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Very simple. went to the store and manager asked questions about my life and my work ethic. Asked about what I was doing as a student. Not a lot of questions. lots of students worked there.

Anonymous Employee in Branford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Branford, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

I arrived 5 minutes before my schedule interview. I waited less than 5 minutes for the assistant manager. We went into a small room. I was basically asked about my availability and was read off questions from a paper she had. Next the manager came in and asked me more questions from another paper. Both managers were super nice and made me feel comfortable. I was told I had the job at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Kansas City, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

I arrived at Customer Service 15 minutes early, the hiring manager came up and greeted me. We walked to the back, went to an office. The interview consisted of myself and two managers. I filled out an availability sheet then the interview began. The questions were easy; general interview questions and I was asked about myself. The mangers went out of the room to talk, one came back in and said I was hired. At that point, he explained that I'd get more paperwork to fill out within 24 to 48 hours, then training for a few days, then I'd start. They were both very nice, easy going, laid back and I felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why Kohls?
      Describe at time you handled a difficult situation and what did you do?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Salem, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied and was emailed to schedule an interview the next morning. I was able to schedule it about a week from the date I was contacted. I was interviewed one on one.

Interview Questions

• What was something bad that you noticed another coworker do during their shift?   Answer Question
    • How often do you call out of work?   Answer Question
    • What do you believe is most important in customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

basic availability and credit obtaining questions,asked about previous jobs and responsibilities,what I liked and disliked about last job,how long did I plan on staying at Kohls and what positions I was interested in working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

fast was offered job day after my interview

Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Waldorf, MD).

Interview

I was called in for an interview a few days after I applied. Had a great interview with general questions and was offered a position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a hard situation at a previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview they sent people out for "testing" but the people they sent out actually did not get an offer and their interview ended then. But overall it was done professionally

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

applied. got email a week later . choose interview date and time .
    it was a group interview , a few days later got job offer. it was easy and quick i start in two days