Kohl's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.0

330 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Elk Grove, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview of 10 people including myself. First we filled out a paper with our names, availability, and desired position. This would be the sheet that the HM would use to "grade" us. He gave a brief background of himself to lighten the mood and make everyone feel relaxed. We had a total of 3 questions. Everyone had to answer the same question, but it started with a different person every time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were commended.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you were helping a customer and another customer interrupted?   1 Answer
    • Find something that you have with you and try to convince me to buy it   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a group interview with two other applicants. We each got a turn to answer the question. The interviewer picked the order so nobody had to answer first every time.

Anonymous Employee in North Riverside, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (North Riverside, IL).

Interview

I filled out the application on line got a call within a week, and then went in for the interview with about 20 other people , about 4 of us got hired

Anonymous Employee in Lake Park, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's (Lake Park, FL).

Interview

Phone call had questions. Set up appointment for following day.
    Met at job sight wirh others, sign 8n at door, escorted to room location while await with others.
    Were called by names,, ended with a group interview which was interesting for the 1st timd.

Interview Questions

• Was I prepared to move up in this company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ocean City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Ocean City, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

their were 2 interviews ,they ask you situation based questions like tell me situation where you took initiative to perform a task and tell you how they work and what will your work to do

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Green Bay, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

I went in, waited about 15 minutes and someone came, walked me around the store and took me into a security room to answer questions. The answers were simple and easy to answer. They then asked for my availability and when I could work

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw another employee stealing merchandise?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's in May 2017.

Interview

This is a thorough explanation: I applied online and received a confirmation email immediately before receiving an email to set up an interview from Corporate 1-2 days after. There were a good number of days and times to pick from but they tell you to pick one that you're sure you will make it to, since it can be hard to reschedule. After scheduling, you get a confirmation email. 1-2 days before the interview date, you also get a reminder with directions for what to do when you get to the store (for me, they told me to arrive 5 minutes before and tell customer service you're there for the interview). I dressed business casual and it seemed perfectly fine. The manager was VERY friendly, relatable, and overall a fun guy based on first impressions. He also was clear on what Kohl's expects and offers as well as read the interview questions off of a list. I'm not sure how he is to actual current workers, but if he treated them the same way he treated me, I would be happy to work here. The manager offered me a verbal offer on the spot (but I wasn't required to accept or decline right away). I should be receiving an email with the official offer within 24 hours and have about 3 days to fill out forms if I do choose to accept the position.

Additionally, shifts are posted 2 weeks in advanced. I applied for the part time position, which I was told is anywhere from 1-40 hours and does NOT include many benefits. $9.50/hour.

There is also a standard 15% discount for all employees on top of sale prices and coupons. There are also associate days where there are additional discounts on top of what was mentioned before. Lastly, the discounts for employees can be used on EVERYTHING in the store (unlike customer coupons/discounts that can't be used on certain brands like Nike, UnderArmour, Converse, etc).

Overall, the interview process was smooth, easy, and not bad at all. There were around 20-25 questions and it took about 25 minutes total. The interview questions listed below are in no particular order. Hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you showed initiative.   Answer Question
    • What happens if you're helping a customer and another customer jumps in and interrupts? How would you handle it?   1 Answer
    • What do you do when you have lots of things that need to get done?   Answer Question
    • What is a goal of yours and what steps are you doing to get there?   1 Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What happens if you need to miss work/school?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever seen an employee engage in unethical behavior and what did you do about it? If this has not happened, what would you do if it did?   Answer Question
    • If you were given a task to do but not given much information about it, how would you go about doing it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Kohl's?   Answer Question
    • Why did you decide to come here and not work at your previous work?   Answer Question
    • What has been one of the most stressful times that you've experienced and what about it made it so stressful?   Answer Question
    • What about a coworker would make them hard to deal with? (Or something along these lines)   1 Answer

I have another possible job lined up and haven't officially declined, but may.

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohl's (McDonough, GA).

Interview

Applied in may got called in July. They hire at certain times and based on their needs. They called me in for an interview in July and I was surprised to find out that it was a group interview of about 8 people including myself. Overall it wasn't nerve racking and positive.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Applied online and heard back about 1 week later. Scheduled interview online. Typical interview that asked about past customer service experience and cashier experience. Was offered Job on Site.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interviews were quick and efficient. It was not a difficult interview. I had two interviews set up the same day. I met with one supervisor and interviewed and the other was with the store manager. The interviews were not all that time consuming. Maybe half hour to forty five minutes. I was offered the job.