Kohl's Loss Prevention Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Loss Prevention Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks! Phone interview on a Friday, then in person interview the next Wednesday. Pretty easy questions, as long as you have some customer service experience and a degree you should be fine. The next day I got a call from the location I applied to, and the manager said she didn't have a spot open at the one I interviewed at, but that there was a full-time opening in Laurel. The location I wanted to work at was only 5 miles from my house, and Laurel is like an Hour commute. I interviewed at the one in Laurel which was really more like a conversation because I was already offered the job. I declined the offer because I was offered another job full-time somewhere else.

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for the job and got called in for a interview a couple of weeks after. Only met with the loss prevention manager. Asked me a couple of questions and that was it.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kohl's (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Took me a while to get into the door here.
    Met with a LP Supervisor for an in person interview and then a second interview with the RLPM.
    All of the interviews were pretty standard asking about work experience, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Groton, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process for kohl's was very speedy and respectful. The supervisors and managers were very good and well organized, always had my resume and notes from previous interviews on hand. The interview process for Kohl's was approximately a month, but they always kept me updated and up to date with the paperwork and drug testing. Overall, a very great company so far!

Interview Questions

• In the situation where a person is suspected of stealing, what would you do?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Interview

Interview

Four parts broken up into two separate meeting/interview dates: A one-on-one interview was the first step. The next day consisted of two more very brief interviews and a small group presentation requiring applicants to cooperate with one another to propose a solution to a hypothetical issue within the company. Offer was given on a later date by phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Louisville, KY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very short, and sweet. Just had to wait on drug test and background to clear. I sent my resume in and was called for an interview a couple days after submitting it. Met at the store and was not asked a specific set of questions. DLPM did the interview.

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Columbus, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

Obtained phone interview quickly, went well. Keep in mind I am currently employed as a full time General Manager. I was asked at 4PM if I could make an interview the next morning at 9AM. I told them due to scheduling conflicts at my current employer, I would like to have a bit more of a heads up so I could get my store covered, which I believe was the professional approach? Since then, I have e-mailed and called the two people who contacted me, and will not call or email back. That's fine though, my wife just spent her last $800 dollars with them. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult decision you ever had to make as a loss Prevention associate?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about a week later setting up an interview. Showed up and was given a basic application to fill out. Interview only lasted maybe 10-15 minutes. Pretty laid back, the regional LP person interviewed me. Just described the job and the company and talked about prior experience. Was told that store manager makes final decision and, if selected, I would need to be interviewed again by the manager.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Fairfield, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly easy. It was more like a conversation. I have experience already so a lot of the questions asked I could relate to. I basically answered the questions with real situations I had previously been through and how I handled them and the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a non productive detainment   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Extremely easy. If you can talk and have some experience in LE or loss prevention, you're set. My interviewer surprisingly called my referrals. My interview was under 30 minutes. If you can/need to, just ask a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• Like I said, if you have the experience, it isn't difficult.   Answer Question