Kohl's Loss Prevention Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Loss Prevention Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2017

2.4

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a two step process, fairly straight forward and easy. Phone call and then an interview with the district manager and store manager. Took a couple weeks altogether. Nothing out of the ordinary, as far as interviews go.

Interview Questions

• How i would handle various situations, including difficult stressful ones   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Federal Way, WA).

Interview

Typical retail application process.

Received a phone screen (informal phone interview) asking about experience.

A month later, received another phone interview with the district manager.

Turns out Loss Prevention Supervisors don't actually "supervise" anything, and are grunts in the field like a regular agent. He made sure I understood that.

I think he sensed my disappointment because I received a rejection notification 10 minutes later.

Advertise your job better next time. You're looking for an Agent, not a supervisor. Been there, done that. Not doing it again.

He also drilled me about my military obligations. Military discrimination is illegal. Tisk tisk.

Interview Questions

• Why aren't you full time military?   1 Answer
    • Are you interested in the military still?   1 Answer
    • Are you thinking about the military full time?   1 Answer
    • What do you think about LP Supervisor does?   1 Answer
    • We are a little different. Our supervisors don't actually supervise, they are in the field and do the same work as other Agents. That sounds like it might be a problem for you. Is it?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for the job and got called in for a interview a couple of weeks after. Only met with the loss prevention manager. Asked me a couple of questions and that was it.

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Damascus, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Damascus, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

This was the second time I applied and interviewed for the position, so the process was pretty easy and only took about 6 days. I applied online for the position and heard back a couple days later to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen is pretty simple, only about 10 questions total, and took about 15-20 min. My interview was scheduled 2 days later with the Loss Prevention manager. I actually knew her from the previous year when I interviewed with her. The previous year I did not get the job. This time around I was more comfortable and the interview went very well. It was more like a conversation, and me having a degree in Criminal Justice really helped, along with my customer service experience. After the interview the manager basically told me that they were going to offer me the job, but also explained they do not have a full time opening at their store, but did have one like 50 min down the road. She said she could get me in touch with the manager there for an interview, but told me she was highly recommending me so I would basically be a shoe in. A couple days later I had the interview at the other store and he basically left the ball in my court if I wanted to accept the job or not. I was hesitant because this store was an hour away from home, and the other one where I originally applied to was 5 min from my house. So I thought about it because I had another offer from somewhere else as well, and decided the other job would be more of a fit for me.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kohl's (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Took me a while to get into the door here.
    Met with a LP Supervisor for an in person interview and then a second interview with the RLPM.
    All of the interviews were pretty standard asking about work experience, etc.

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Groton, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process for kohl's was very speedy and respectful. The supervisors and managers were very good and well organized, always had my resume and notes from previous interviews on hand. The interview process for Kohl's was approximately a month, but they always kept me updated and up to date with the paperwork and drug testing. Overall, a very great company so far!

Interview Questions

• In the situation where a person is suspected of stealing, what would you do?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Interview

Interview

Four parts broken up into two separate meeting/interview dates: A one-on-one interview was the first step. The next day consisted of two more very brief interviews and a small group presentation requiring applicants to cooperate with one another to propose a solution to a hypothetical issue within the company. Offer was given on a later date by phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Louisville, KY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very short, and sweet. Just had to wait on drug test and background to clear. I sent my resume in and was called for an interview a couple days after submitting it. Met at the store and was not asked a specific set of questions. DLPM did the interview.

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Columbus, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

Obtained phone interview quickly, went well. Keep in mind I am currently employed as a full time General Manager. I was asked at 4PM if I could make an interview the next morning at 9AM. I told them due to scheduling conflicts at my current employer, I would like to have a bit more of a heads up so I could get my store covered, which I believe was the professional approach? Since then, I have e-mailed and called the two people who contacted me, and will not call or email back. That's fine though, my wife just spent her last $800 dollars with them. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult decision you ever had to make as a loss Prevention associate?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about a week later setting up an interview. Showed up and was given a basic application to fill out. Interview only lasted maybe 10-15 minutes. Pretty laid back, the regional LP person interviewed me. Just described the job and the company and talked about prior experience. Was told that store manager makes final decision and, if selected, I would need to be interviewed again by the manager.