Kohl's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,374 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Paramus, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was probably the worst i've ever been to in years. The lady was so nasty to me and said that I wasted her time. When i said i had a hard time working saturdays because of my other job she told me that she couldn't be flexible with her other workers so she couldn't be flexible with me.

Interview Questions

• When have you ever had a bad experience with a customer?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Covington, WA).

Interview

AWFUL Experience. These people really messed me up. Kohl's, is this how you run your interview process?? I was happy to see I was accepted for an interview. I went through their online process to schedule it. I pushed back other job offers to be able to get this one. The day of my interview, just hours before, they called me to cancel it , stating that they could not do interviews that day. However, they told me that they would click a button to make sure that I could reschedule it. I followed their instructions, t didn't work, the site said that I needed to call to reschedule because my interview time was locked, so I called back. I called back a total of 6 times over a course of days, as they threw me around to different people who didn't know what was wrong. Finally, I got a hold of someone who said she would call the company that runs their scheduling site on Monday, and she took my name.. I expected a call on Monday, but Tuesday and Wednesday passed. I called both days, but on Wednesday they finally told me that all the sales positions had been filled. I feel completely ripped off of the interview I was given and really needed. They need to get a new way of scheduling interviews. It's so unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Weren't asked any questions, because I couldn't get as far as the sit-down.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on online, and the next day got an email telling me I got selected for an interview, and I could pick the day/time based on what options they had avaliable. The email told me on the day of the interview to go to customer service and let them know I was there. The person they had at CS was alone and very new. They didn't know what they were doing half the time. It took me 20 minutes to get a chance to talk with them, they ignored me mostly as I tried to get their attention, and almost made me late. No one else would answer me either. When they finally acknowledged me, they didn't know what to do with an interviewee, and just told me to go into the back room and tell someone in there I was here. Needless to say, the woman in the back was not happy that I was so casually told to go into the backroom. She made me wait outside in a chair, and passing staff members all asked me if I was here for an interview, and were all confused as to why I was told to sit there (apparently they were all addressed to the backroom to wait for their job interviews) No one knew where to put me or whom they wanted me to talk too. It was very disorganized. After 40 minutes passed from the time for the interview, the woman from the office earlier told me that my interview for today was a mistake, and that they'd call me if the still needed more help next week. She talked with me out the door and left. The woman never even asked my name, and even acknowledged she never knew someone was coming in for an interview anyway. Never felt so disrespected and confused at once.

Interview Questions

• None. Never even got a chance to introduce myself to anyone.   Answer Question

Card Services Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

When you interview for this job you have to be on you "A" game, because if you're not you'll never make it past the first round of cuts. Very welcoming enviorment, but extremely professional. After you make it past general introduction, you then go into a "casting" style room where you have to sell yourself to this company. There will be about 12 other interviews going on around you but you have to remain focus with the person who's conducting your interview. Once you make it past that round they all have a meeting and vote who's "Hireable" ..... If even 1 person says no.... you don't get the job.

Interview Questions

• situational questions
      experience question
      1 Answer

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mifflin, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (West Mifflin, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very tough interview for a job that paid $8 per hour. Interviewer clearly had an attitude. Turned me completely off and I decided I did not wish to work there.

Interview Questions

Interviewer said most of the training was computer based. I felt that I would be expected to train myself!

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Kenosha, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

It seemeed legit, ntil I met the person, then I was immediately apprehensive, the way they treat new hires is so terrible, you will go to find out for yourself, but please trust me these people are worse than awful, I have 15 years experience in retail sales, the ONLY reason I ended up here is because I was desperate, it is better to be unemploted than to work for Kohl's.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation? you are joking right, the worst people I have ever been in contact with in all of my retail experience, avoid this place at all costs.

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Abilene, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Was asked why do I want to work here, I stated I have never shopped in the store so I have no experience to compare to competitors, (none in any other five towns or states I have ever lived in) To benefit your team where I could best utilize my experience, abilities and skills in a challenging position with advancement opportunities, with increasing responsibilities as a team member experiences

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kohl's, He kept asking the question, then after repeating my answer, I said to Benefit my family financially to be able to keep the lifestyle we all enjoy.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's (Dothan, AL) in October 2012.

Interview

What Are they looking for in an employee why don't they give just anyone an opportunity

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

Interview

Apply online. A week later I received a call for an interview. Went to the interview sent to break room to fill out an application again. Taken into a small office with a circle of chairs. Store manager asked 5 interview questions and went around the circle letting everyone answer. You will be contacted a couple weeks later for results. He let us know up front that you will be given less than 20 hours a week depending on how business is going.

Ad Set Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Riverbank, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I got there late. I had car trouble, but they didn't seem to care or understand. I was asked my goals and I said to finish college, but I assume they thought I would leave after I graduated. I don't have a car of my own, so that was also a problem. They didn't ask much and just asked what I brought to the company. I've never worked in retail before. I never got a call back.