Kohl's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email invitation to interview. The interview was very straightforward. I had two interviews back to back, and was given a worksheet to fill out my availability. The next evening I received my offer letter and forms in an email. I accepted and another week later I received an email for a link to choose an orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kohl's?   2 Answers

Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The Kohls recruitment team send email to set an over the phone interview, the interview was almost 2 weeks later ad they had connection difficulties,
    After that got the email to set up in person interview 1 week after that.
    The interview ended up being a group interview which was really confusing to me because i was bot seasonal and didn't apply for sales associate but he asked me different questions than the other candidates
    After that i had another interview with another manager
    She offered me the position
    4 days after that i got the email with offer
    And email to do a drug test after they got all results
    They send me orientation set up and orientation was 1 week after that

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

Received email 3 days after applying and chose a date and time to interview. The interviewer was very kind. She seemed busy and a little distracted, as if she wasn't prepared to interview me. I knew what it's like being short handed, which gave us common ground to talk about. She seemed to be generally interested.

Interview Questions

• She asked me to tell her about myself. Also what my availability was.(Nothing difficult)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received email next day to schedule interview from selected dates & times. Went for interview which was with the store manager and one other applicant.

Was told up front they were already fully staffed, but she interviewed us anyways in case something was to open up.

Was told we would receive an email within 24 hours and have not seen anything after a week.

Thought it went well but guess not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayville, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Dayville, CT) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and two days later I got an email telling me that they would like me to schedule an interview. Two days before my interview I got an email saying they had to cancel it due to weather (which I understood because there was a big storm that week) and that I had to reschedule. I pushed it back a couple more days but then I got another email saying they had to cancel it due to weather and that I had to reschedule again. I called to confirm and they said that it was not cancelled and that I was still scheduled. I interviewed with one other person and it was easy. The manager asked about experience and availability. I was told that I would get an email telling me if I got the job or not but I never received an email.

Interview Questions

• Do you agree with the statement that the customer is always right?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Columbus, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an e-mail the following morning to schedule an interview. I had spent the next few days on Glassdoor preparing my possible answers and trying to figure out what kind of questions I’d be asked. My interview was on Tuesday. When I got there, five other people were there to interview so I knew it’d be a group interview. We were waiting for an hour before we were actually called back. The interviewer was super nice and changed the order she asked questions around the room. When the interview was complete, she called us individually to get our availability noted. Was told to wait 48 for the outcome. It is now two days after interview and I’m still waiting for a response. Fairly easy interview though.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kohl’s?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about missing work?   Answer Question
    • If you were working with a customer and another customer approached you for help, how would you handle that?   Answer Question

Seasonal Freight Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Lake Beach, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Round Lake Beach, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty easy and short group interview. There was just me and two other people. The woman who interviewed was friendly and told us a lot about the company and what we would be doing. The questions were simple and straight-forward; by far the easiest interview I've ever had. She said we would be notified by email within the next couple of days if we got a job offer or not. They pretty much only communicate electronically.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • How would your previous manager compare your work to that of your coworkers?   Answer Question

POS Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Port Richey, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (New Port Richey, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fine, I guess. It was mostly about the kohl's charge. Most questions were not of anything except that. The interview process was kind of really not beneficial to anyone since the questions were not really in relation to the position.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable asking customers if they would like to open a kohl's charge?   Answer Question

Seasonal Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I received an email with the opportunity to schedule an interview online two days after applying online. The first couple minutes of the interview were about my general background and experience. The next 10-15 minutes were all vague and abstract sales questions. I felt like they were looking for specific answers, but I couldn't tell you what those are. I didn't think it went well, but I received an email offer two days later with links to forms. Three days after completing the online forms, I received an email with the opportunity to schedule my orientation online.

Anonymous Employee in Houma, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Houma, LA) in November 2017.

Interview

A few days after filling out an online application, I received an email to schedule an interview. At the interview, the manager informed me of the length of time of the position, when I was likely to start and the dress code. She asked my availability and told me she'd out my name in the hiring pool. The next day I got my hire letter and electronic forms to fill out. Easy peasy!

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2017.

Interview

It was average. There were 2 other girls with me. She was just asking why we want this position? What is the only excuse to have to miss work? It was an okay interview.