Kohl's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017
2,653 Interview Reviews

2.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online in September 2017 and got an e-mail to schedule an interview 3 days later. The HR rep was 10 minutes late but was very friendly and since I had no retail experience, she asked me mostly about school and where in the store I would like to work. She ignored my answer and put me in another department because that is where I was needed most. She offered me a job ($9 an hour) on the spot but told me they hire everyone for seasonal. It was a one on one interview.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plaistow, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Plaistow, NH) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online this past Friday and received an email from Kohls two hours later to schedule a interview. I was able to get a time for today. My interview was at one, I arrived ten minutes early and checked in at the service desk. My interview started at about 1:05 the first part was filling out a sheet listing my availability to work. The area supervisor was very friendly and helpful as we went through the interview questions, I am glad I googled possible questions the night before and what to expect at a Kohls interview, it definitely helped at the end of the interview I was offered the job and told that they would be sending me another email so I can set up my Orientation. Very excited.

Interview Questions

• What have you done at a job that made you feel good about yourself?   Answer Question
    • How do you rate your reliability on a scale of 1 to 10 ?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about missing work ?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Sacramento, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with myself and three other people. It was pretty quick and painless; they asked a few scenario questions and then basic stuff about availability.

Interview Questions

• If a customer in front of you needed help, you were being called on the walkie, and you still needed to clean the fitting rooms, what would you do first?   Answer Question

Freight Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a couple days later instructing me to schedule an interview. Was a group interview - about 7 other people in the group with me. The store manager talked to us, explained what they were looking for, gave each of us an availability sheet to fill out, then went one by one asking questions. The interview lasted an hour, and each of us were only asked 3 questions. I received an email a day later saying I got the job.

It was an easy interview overall, very laid back. I'm normally a nervous wreck at interviews, however I felt comfortable at this one.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's in September 2017.

Interview

Arrived a half hour earlier, waited to be interviewed approximately 15 minutes. Interview was quick, told me forms were going to be sent to my email to fill out. Got the forms 2 days later.

Anonymous Employee in Mabscott, WV

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Mabscott, WV) in September 2017.

Interview

Fairly simple and easy group interview. Went in with 5 other people and the manager asked us the same questions one by one. He got all of our availabilities and told two of the candidates they were free to go. The rest of us were offered the position and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Richmond, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I didn't get hired but everything was very professional. It was a bit difficult trying to find the room. The manager was very straightforward. He asked very basic questions. He couldn't ask too many because I have never had any former employment.

Interview Questions

• when am I able t work? why do you want to work here? what do you do in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Beaumont, TX).

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. I was contacted a few days after applying and interviewed with Assistant Store Manager . I was asked questions about work background, availability, and ability to perform job functions. I was hired the next day. Started the following week.

Interview Questions

• Am I available to perform the duties required for position?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a group interview with two other applicants. We each got a turn to answer the question. The interviewer picked the order so nobody had to answer first every time.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Pueblo, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I got a request to interview 2 days after I applied. I waited in the employee lounge for the interviewer, she was about 15 minutes late. The manager was pleasant and the interview was relaxed. I received an offer within 24 hours after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where multiple customers were asking for your assistance   Answer Question
    • Can you handle a fast paced environment?   Answer Question
    • Describe a high pressure situation where you were asked to assist multiple people in a fast pace   Answer Question