Kohl's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017
2,375 Interview Reviews

2.2

Analyst Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR to discuss the position and my qualifications. Received a call the next week to say they weren't interested in interviewing me any further. Said the reason was they didn't believe my analysis/excel skills were what they were looking for. My prior positions were all Excel reporting, modeling, and analysis so I'm not sure what they were talking about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, how do your prior positions relate to this one, etc.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very negative. There were two women and one of them did not seem interested in me at all. She seemed to force my answers to be short when she would look down at her paper and start saying her next question. I did not feel comfortable during the interview and she made me just want to walk out the door. She was not a very good interviewer.

POS Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evans, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Evans, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

This was my first job interview ever, so I do not feel I was adequately prepared however all of the questions were fair. I walked in to customer service and told them I was here for an interview then the manager came and invited me to his office where he asked me a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• The one question that really stumped me (though I know employers ask it a lot) was "Name one time a coworker did something unethical and how did you handle it?"

He also asked
      How do you feel about getting people to sign up for their credit card? On a scale of 1-10 how much incentive do you have?
      Answer Question

Store Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the next day I got an email to do the first interview online through HireVue. A few days later, I was scheduled for a second interview which was in person where there were two recruiters who asked fairly simple questions about yourself and Kohl's. It went well, however, one interviewer started asking irrelevant questions which I think messed it up for me in the end.

POS Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Branford, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

I arrived 5 minutes before my schedule interview. I waited less than 5 minutes for the assistant manager. We went into a small room. I was basically asked about my availability and was read off questions from a paper she had. Next the manager came in and asked me more questions from another paper. Both managers were super nice and made me feel comfortable. I was told I had the job at the end of the interview.

MJM/POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Canton, CT).

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I had an interview with the manager within a few days of applying. He asked me very basic questions about how I solve problems, and manage my time for projects. The thing I like about Kohl's is that they're more interested in your personality, and how you treat customers, opposed to how much knowledge you have in retail.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time you were given a task with little, or no instruction? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Spring Hill, TN).

Interview

You can apply either online or by turning in an application. I met with the manager personally, then they called me and asked me if they could schedule me for an interview. It was a group interview with the manager and an assistant manager. They asked personality themed questions. The people who were most cheerful, open and talkative were hired within days of the initial interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online. 1 week later received an email to schedule interview. Interview was in a group setting. Asked questions and each would answer. Then came orientation which was computer modules and a bunch of videos to watch.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Each was taken into an office sepratly. Then they stated how much you would get paid and asked if you would accept.

POS Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Toledo, OH).

Interview

Went really. The environment is welcoming. Can wear jeans only when earn Jean pass or Jean days. Have to solictate credit cards to customer. Goals of the work place is credit and good customer satisfaction score.

Interview Questions

• What would you ok if you were given multiple projects?   1 Answer

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Group interview and it was a bit akward. At the end I was not sure if I had the job.there were about 8 applicants in the group interview and they applied for other positions.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me your previous experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was one set price and it was like take it or leave it.