Kohl's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,454 Interview Reviews

2.1

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I went in for spring hiring event. It was a walk in interview. I was individually interviewed and it took about 10 minutes.There were about 10 set of question to ask and were very basic.

Sales Associate MJM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Applied online....emailed me for interview...the process took more than a week ...it was a group interview and the lady who took interview was really nice n friendly...she made us comfortable...........

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

There was a friendly atmosphere. I had an interview in Glendora Kohls.
    She was smiley and most of the time listened carefully. Because I arrived there too soon, they led me to their break room. It was a good experience to see the employeis in an informal environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me about customer service?
      Do you have any question?

Internship Interview

Interview

Applied through college website and met with them at a career fair. They had a before interview dinner that was very helpful. For the interview there were two 30 min sessions with different interviewees.

Interview Questions

• They asked about their partnerships with other companies and how to test if they are successful.   1 Answer

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Winchester, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by corporate recruiter. Great interview.. it was all about what I was looking for and how that could fit at Kohl's. Then I did an on site interview with 4 members of the DC. They brought me back a week later to reinterview with two managers and got more in depth about what the job entailed. From then on I was working with the recruiter to negotiate salary and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Standard management based questions.. how you handle yourself, how you motivate employees, etc   Answer Question
    • How would I handle assimilating as the new supervisor. What would I do to drive performance and deliver.   Answer Question
    • How have you adapted to change in the past? How are you at handling changes on the fly?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Nice process. I felt comfortable and looked forward to an offer. The people during the interview were very nice. They treated me like a real person with respect.Nice process. I felt comfortable and looked forward to an offer. The people during the interview were very nice. They treated me like a real person with respect.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Stockton, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Arrived 15 minutes before interview. Was greeted by an assistant manager who took me to the back, where we discussed my former job, why I felt I would be a good fit for Kohl's, and answered basic retail questions. Was misinformed about time I would hear back from them, but response was within a week of interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions required off the top of your head answers about past experiences with customers and retail work in general.
      1. Name a time you were given praise/rewarded for something you did, either academically or professionally.
      2. How would go about your daily duties and which ones take precedence?
      3. Comfort with asking customers to sign up for reward program/credit card.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's in March 2017.

Interview

Fairly painless - 30 minutes, basic questions: salary expectation, availability. Basic policy outline, company history. No big surprises, basic retail stuff. Folks seemed pleasant enough. Nice additional income, work environment.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coeur d'Alene, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Coeur d'Alene, ID) in March 2017.

Interview

I had interviewed here twice in two years and felt really comfortable each time. Thorough questions and personable exchange with confirmations if I had questions. My second time here I had one conversation then another with a different manager. There is a higher standard and accountability at (this) Kohls but I am impressed by it and really wanted to work there. If I had another go at it I would highlight this much more.I applied Online and got a response next day, by phone, email which were persistent but welcoming. I booked my time via their Kenexa which offers much flexibility to choose from, a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you went the extra mile at work
      Define customer service
      Hours/availability
      Do you have any issues marketing their store Cards/memberships
      How to people define you in business, school, other
      What was your greatest achievement at a job
      Describe your most stressful job/position in past
      How did you resolve a customer grievance/issue/problem

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manteca, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Manteca, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied 2 weeks ago, got my first interview 3/15/2017 then had my second interview today 3/20/2017. The first interview was alright, was interviewed by the assistant manager and asked mostly "tell me a time when..." questions and barely asked about me as a person and employee. 2nd interview was perfect, was interviewed by the store manager and she made me feel so comfortable and welcomed!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you received instructions that were confusing to you and how did you accomplish those instructions?   Answer Question
    • How do you think you would do with promoting the Kohl's Charge Card?   Answer Question