Kohl's Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.0

324 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Salem, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied and was emailed to schedule an interview the next morning. I was able to schedule it about a week from the date I was contacted. I was interviewed one on one.

Interview Questions

• What was something bad that you noticed another coworker do during their shift?   Answer Question
    • How often do you call out of work?   Answer Question
    • What do you believe is most important in customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

basic availability and credit obtaining questions,asked about previous jobs and responsibilities,what I liked and disliked about last job,how long did I plan on staying at Kohls and what positions I was interested in working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

fast was offered job day after my interview

Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Waldorf, MD).

Interview

I was called in for an interview a few days after I applied. Had a great interview with general questions and was offered a position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a hard situation at a previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview they sent people out for "testing" but the people they sent out actually did not get an offer and their interview ended then. But overall it was done professionally

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Corpus Christi, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. One woman asked about 6 of us the same questions about customer interactions and stations that could occur. It was casual and short. I applied online and received an Date for an interview with one week.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a employee stealing from the store?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle multiple customers at once?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kyle, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Kyle, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I was the only one being interviewed at the time, but almost all interviews are conducted in a small group setting. The interviewer asked me questions about tough situations I've overcome and why I would be a good fit for Kohl's. Shortly after the interview, I was told that I was hired and would be contacted by email to schedule my first day. On my first day, I had to complete modules on their computer and after that I was assigned to a current cashier who then taught me how the job works.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with soliciting Kohl's credit cards?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

applied. got email a week later . choose interview date and time .
    it was a group interview , a few days later got job offer. it was easy and quick i start in two days

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Longmont, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was simple. It was like most retail interviews; in a group. I applied and was offered an interview within 5 days and offered a job 2 days after that.

Interview Questions

• Q: What expectations do you have of this position and how far do you believe you will progress?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Silverdale, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very simple. Filled out an online application. 1 day later I received an email that allowed me to choose a time for an interveiw. It was a group interveiw with three of us to one interviewer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Filled out an application online and was called for an interview not too long after. Everything is done online now, not in store. Interview was a one on one but can be group interviews as well.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience, and if you were able to handle a large volume of customers.   Answer Question