Kohl's Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,641 Interview Reviews

2.0

1,641 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Northridge, CA).

Interview

They asked me to arrive the typical 10 minutes before the interview to fill out some basic paperwork. Once I arrived there, the interviewer asked me if I have finish the paperwork and I explained how I just arrived before the time requested and started the paperwork. Once I finished all the paperwork, we went to the back to her office and she asked me a couple of questions. She asked me if I was going to school three times, even though I told her no. While I was answering one of her questions, she filled out her paperwork without listening to me and asked if I had any questions. I asked her one question as if I was hired, what would be my typical day here. She answered my question while she showed me all her notes and I saw that I was not getting the job and she really did not care about my answers, since she left some spots blank. Overall, I repeated myself multiple times with her repetitive questions and did not have a good experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Very basic interview. I was not impressed. It was not professional and the workers were rude. He asked 5 questions and said I will hear back from them via email an 1 week after they reviewed all the applicants.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied online to Kohl's and received and email the next day scheduling my interview for the next week. I arrived 10 minutes early to my interview and the floor supervisor took me back first. she was super nice and wanted me to be comfortable. She mainly asked me about my previous job and why I wanted to work for Kohl's. She asked some situational questions too like what I would do if I needed to help two customers at a time. She really liked me, so she told me to wait for the assistant store manager to interview me as well. The assistant store manager was super nice too and pretty much asked me the same questions as the supervisor. I got my offer letter the next day offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were helping a customer and another customer interuppted and demanded your attention?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Kohl's?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you saw a co-worker doing something unethical and explain how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's in June 2017.

Interview

It took around 20 minutes and was a one-on-one interview. My interviewer was very kind and laid back. Maybe too much because she burped during the interview lol. She was very apologetic about it though. she was good at dealing with me being awkward and quiet at times.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were helping a customer and another customer came up and interrupted you?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What would be a valid reason you could miss work?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What is the main objective of a retail associate?   1 Answer

Early Morning Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Hill, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's (Cedar Hill, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Thanks for wasting my time! I waited 2 weeks for the unprofessional interview. I got there ON TIME only to have to wait 20 minutes for a dumb idiot man to come from the back and read interview questions off a piece of paper. He was rude and acted like he didn't even know what to do. None of the other employees were friendly or helpful. I will never shop or apply to work at this unprofessional kohls again!!!!

Interview Questions

• Are you less reliable as reliable or more reliable than your co-worker?   Answer Question

Interview

I applied online, a day later I got an email that I got a Interview that was scheduled for two days later. The interview was a one to one interview with the manager. I got offered the position upfront.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garner, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's (Garner, NC).

Interview

My interview was very casual. I felt like they already decided they wanted me by the time I interviewed due to my resume, although I've never done retail before. Very friendly hiring manager. It was one on one.

Interview Questions

• What would you if another customer came up to you while you werw assisting another customer.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Winston-Salem, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted solely through email to pick an interview day as well as my orientation. The interviewer was prompt, thorough, and sort of informal. It was not an environment of great pressure, and I received a great sense of the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation which you had to deal with an unpleasant customer and how was it handled.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online . got a email saying I have to pick a time and date for a interview. Manager interview me very nice lady . After about 1 week past I got a email saying I got the job

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • why do you want to work at kohls   1 Answer
    • past experience with a retail store before   1 Answer
    • what didnt you like about your old job   1 Answer

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (York, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was average. Got there 15 minutes early, and the interivew started right away and only took 15 minutes. I got asked around 8-10 questions that were easy!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you corrected a wrongdoing you witnessed   Answer Question
    • If you are helping a customer and another customer comes up and interrupts, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • Would you consider yourself above average, average, or below average in your self motivation?   Answer Question