Kohl's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,661 Interview Reviews

2.1

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Park, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's (Lake Park, FL).

Interview

Phone call had questions. Set up appointment for following day.
    Met at job sight wirh others, sign 8n at door, escorted to room location while await with others.
    Were called by names,, ended with a group interview which was interesting for the 1st timd.

Interview Questions

• Was I prepared to move up in this company   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

A group interview took place in a back room of the store. The managers had us fill out some paper work of basic info. They asked us to describe ourselves, why do we want to work here, then we were asked scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were assisting a customer and another customer asks you to assist them with something what would you do?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a group interview. It lasted around an hour. Asked the same questions which lacked originality. One interviewee was overqualified it appeared. Not many were dressed up. The interviewer seemed to be in his own state of mind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Plainfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (South Plainfield, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was quick and easy. Interview was one-one. I was very nervous at the beginning but the interviewer was very nice and laid back. He asked me a few question and told me about the position. At the end he asked if I had any questions and explained that I would receive an email in 24-48hrs on whether or not I got the position. (Indicated I did not get an offer because I am still awaiting their email)

Anonymous Employee in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Douglasville, GA).

Interview

Very Quick effortless interview process. Applied online, received an email after 2 weeks for an interview.
    Interview took place in a group of about 5-8 interviewees and three managers. Went around the circle asking simple questions and everyone's availability and whether we had a background in retail or not.

Process lasted about 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult or upset customer?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you provided excellent customer service?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a background in retail?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

I applied online. After a few days, I was sent an email asking to confirm an interview time. They asked basic STAR questions during the interview. I was offered the position but declined.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview lasted no more than 20 minutes. The hiring manager was very kind and easy to talk to. She encouraged me to ask questions about the position, and explained the process that goes on after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why do you think kohl's is a good fit for you?   Answer Question
    • What previous job experience have you got?   1 Answer
    • If you are helping a customer and another customer comes up to you and interrupts you what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Have you been in a situation where you had to balance a lot of responsibilities at a time?   Answer Question
    • Have you been recognized for anything?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bolingbrook, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I got an email saying Kohl's was interested in setting up an interview. I set it up online, any day and time. The day of I went up to customer service and said I was in for an interview, the employees seemed really apathetic for someone who could potentially be their coworker. A woman came and brought me up to the office area, she didn't talk much except on the walkie-talkie. She didn't really even start a conversation before she gave me a sheet to fill out about my availability and only then did we engage in meaningful conversation. She asked me about myself and we discussed scheduling and that HR would get back to me in 24-48 hours if they were interested in giving me the job. A day later I got an email that basically said unfortunately they were unable to continue with your application. The whole process seemed a bit impersonal but I suppose for a large store with many many employees it can't all be over the phone or in person.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (East Peoria, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Very easy, applied online, received an offer to interview via email. I then scheduled an interview for a week later. The interview was very easy, simple questions. Wasn't really a conversation, she just asked questions from a sheet of required questions. After it was done I received a "soft offer" and was told I would officially receive an offer after I completed a few more steps of forms.

Interview Questions

• Describe a wrong you made right.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a two step process, fairly straight forward and easy. Phone call and then an interview with the district manager and store manager. Took a couple weeks altogether. Nothing out of the ordinary, as far as interviews go.

Interview Questions

• How i would handle various situations, including difficult stressful ones   Answer Question