Kohl's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,369 Interview Reviews

2.2

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Extremely pleasant young lady interviewed. Very thorough, very pleased with my preparation I
    had for her. I think Kohls will be a great place to work. I'm excited to start.

Interview Questions

• About Customer, About asking for Email address, About being flexible, and on time and asking for Kohls Charge to every customer. Would I be willing to take Drug Test. Always willing to help each
      others and customers.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Ramsey, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

I found the Seasonal Position on Kohl's website and easily applied and scheduled an interview slot. Within days I heard back confirming my interview. If an interview is to be rescheduled/cancelled, one is supposed to go to the confirmation time slot email and edit it. However, when I went to do so it would not allow me to make changes. I emailed Human Resources and did not hear back. Then a few days later received and automated response saying, in summary, "thank you for interviewing.. it was nice meeting you.. we have unfortunately chosen another candidate for the position.." It was very irritating for me that even though I did not interview, I received this automated response, and Human Resources did not contact me back.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Paramus, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was probably the worst i've ever been to in years. The lady was so nasty to me and said that I wasted her time. When i said i had a hard time working saturdays because of my other job she told me that she couldn't be flexible with her other workers so she couldn't be flexible with me.

Interview Questions

• When have you ever had a bad experience with a customer?   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The hiring process was very easy. It was a group orientation, and everyone got the job if they successfully passed the drug test and background check. The orientation was almost four hours which you got a tour of the warehouse, met key staff and got your picture taken.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Met with two Senior buyers. It was pretty casual. We talked about the position and the dynamic of the office. Spoke about overall career goals. It took about 30 minutes for each interview. Offered the position the following day.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Very easy and fast. I thought I was going to be hard but they needed people and got the job on the spot. I now been working there for 7 months and love it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online through snagajob. Got an email about a week later saying that I was accepted to be interviewed and to use a link to pick an appointment time. The only times available were two weeks later, aka today. The start of the interview lasted about half an hour.

I went to customers service and they told me to wait in the break room. Closer to the interview time, I and the other people waiting were told to go into the, Im assuming, board room were there were a few other people being interviewed. There were eight of us total, and we were passively told that the other interview groups consisted of upto eight people as well.

There were five questions they asked, I don't remember all of them. They all pretty much got the same responses from myself and the other people that spoke.

We were told that kohl's had switched and were now using a third party company to recieve applicants, and that the email we recieved about setting an interview will be the same email used to let us know within a week if they would extend an offer of employment to each of us. Told to call if we had any questions and or if we don't recieve any followup information after a week.

We were told, if hired, there was an eight hour training day. Also told that weekly hours can range from 4 to 32 hours a week depending on what is needed that week. Told that the position is from now until December 24th, and that the likelihood that any of us being hired beyond that was low because there is only a certain amount of employees that can stay on with how many hours are available.

Everyone that worked there was super friendly and were neat/casual dressed. However the customer service station didn't have the lights on so it was difficult to even seen if there was anyone there. There interviewers also let people come in well after the start of the interview, one person even came in for the last question.

The group interview is a terrible process. It is a mess of "oh, no, you go first," when asked anything that is not directed a specific person. From listening to others it was more about seeing more about trying to up the person who spoke before you. Considering in my circumstance they practically told us everyone was getting hired because not enough people applied, Id say that having us try and out do eachother was pointless and will cause problem in the future. I understand that group interviews make it easier to hire when there's more than just a few open positions, and they are used to see how well you intract with others, but if there isn't proper dialogue to encourage that, all that comes out of it is people seeming like selfish children playing look at me.

**update**
    The day after my interview I recieved an email about an offer of employment. There was a link to see the offer (how much I would be making, employee discounts, that sort of thing), another for the Background Check consent, and another for the the company policis on Drug test. I read through and accepted all these. Recieved another email about what forms have been sent and told I would be contacted for employement once the background check has come back.

I had concerns about the drug testing policy because it says that if you are hired as ...a list that pretty much states all employees...then you have 48 hours to have a drug test submitted to the store. It doesn't say Seasonal Assosiates, but in the next section on the policy it says all Assosiate types are required for drug testing. So I inquired about that, don't need one. Was also told that I have to wait for all the checks to be completed and that I will recieve another email about setting up a session for orientation, aka my first. Also told that there will be another email confirmation about 24-48 before what I scheduled for orientation, and that it will have all the information on what I need to bring or if I need to change it for another time.

It's been five days since the interview. I've never had to wait this long without hearing anything. But I've also never worked at a place that uses a 3rd party to hire employees, so this could be normal.

Interview Questions

• What quality you're most proud of?   Answer Question
    • if you saw a friend/co-worker doing something illegal what would you do?   Answer Question
    • what are good traits to have while working in the retail industry?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

group interview .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Group interview of 4. Manager was late. He then asked us questions from a packet. He didn't seem to like the fact me and a coworker from my last job was there, we informed him we didn't know that we both applied to the same place.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a email the next day to schedule a interview. The day of my interview i went to customer service and signed in then waited in break room where there was about 9 people also waiting. When the interviewer got everything ready she called me and one other girl to a room to ask us if we were still in school because they have a policy. After she talked to us she called everyone else and we sat in a row of chairs in front of the interviewers desk. The first thing she did was tell us how much we were gonna get paid($9.00/hr) then told everyone to introduce themselves and say why they wanna work for kohls. Then she read everyones avaliablity and a few people whos availabilty wasnt really open she told them she wouldnt be able to continue the interview for them. After they left she went over a few positions they had and described them and asked us what position we would like and how could we benefit them? Then asked more questions. She also told us that the seasonal position is usually up until mid january and what the dress code was. When the interview was over she left and came back and told us we would get a email within a day or two letting us know if we got the job or not. My interview finished a few mins ago so i didnt get a email yet.

Interview Questions

• introduce yourself (experience you have) and why do you want to work for kohls?   Answer Question
    • what position do you want to be and how could you benefit us?   Answer Question
    • she made us roleplay on selling her a kohls charge card?   Answer Question
    • whens a time you had a difficult task and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • if 2 customers needed help at the same time what would you do?   Answer Question