Kohl's Jewelry Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Jewelry Associate Interview Questions

2.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Jewelry Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an invitation to interview 3 days later. Interview was quick and it was great to learn about the manager who hired me. I was able to learn about how and why she had been with Kohl's so long and it made me excited at the prospective job opportunity.

Interview Questions

• When was a moment in your life that made you proud of how hard you worked?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Maple Grove, MN).

Interview

Well, when I went in to ask if they were hiring I spoke with the HR representative almost immediately and gave them my resume. They got back to me in a few days and set up a group interview. It was fast passed and fairly informal, and as far as I know everyone who went got hired. During the interview they did warn us of the low pay and the late hours, but nothing they said could have prepared us for the confusing last minute schedules and never knowing when we were gonna get to go after a rough closing shift.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question I was asked was 'Why do you want this job?', it's obvious to anyone, I just want some money! I felt like I had to lie on the spot because, come on, its a retail job, why do you think I want it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, I just accepted.

Jewelry Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

submitted an application online, and they called a few days later. Was interviewed by 0-1 (store manager) in a one-on-one interview inside the office and she offered me a job right after the interview. They have a high employee turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• What is your most defining quality? (I said I was ambitious) Give an example of that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Orlando, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial contact was only a day after I applied online. Interview was set up for a few days later. Was not told ahead of time that it was a group interview. Three tables were set up and the people with the most experience were seated at the front table. Interview was conducted by the manager and two other people who were not supervisors. Questions were generic for most everyone except the people at the front table who were asked specific questions about their experience. Basically a waste of time for the people seated at the back two tables.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions were only asked to more experienced candidates. I was only asked generic interview questions like "Describe a time when you were loyal to an employer?"   Answer Question

Jewelry Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in February 2011.

Interview

My interview was very unorganized because the store was currently being remodeled. I was hired by someone who was actually employed at a different store and she made promises that the store did not uphold.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a gap in my employment history. I was very ill during this point in time and she asked many questions about this.   Answer Question

Jewelry Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2009.

Interview

It was a panel of 3 managers in different departments interviewing 5 candidates at the same time. We each took a turn answering the same question in front of another, or they individually asked a person a question. I was very customer service focused in answering my questions, and made it clear that I was enthusiastic about the company and working in environment like retail. I had 5yrs experience in retail, and an open availability which was definitely used (not crazy wacky hours, but not very consistent but hey it was a seasonal job).

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • A customer approaches you and they are angry that something is not in stock. What do you do and how do you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Kohls?   Answer Question
    • What is a negative about your last supervisor?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was minimum wage.