Kohl's Loss Prevention Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2017

2.4

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Damascus, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Damascus, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

This was the second time I applied and interviewed for the position, so the process was pretty easy and only took about 6 days. I applied online for the position and heard back a couple days later to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen is pretty simple, only about 10 questions total, and took about 15-20 min. My interview was scheduled 2 days later with the Loss Prevention manager. I actually knew her from the previous year when I interviewed with her. The previous year I did not get the job. This time around I was more comfortable and the interview went very well. It was more like a conversation, and me having a degree in Criminal Justice really helped, along with my customer service experience. After the interview the manager basically told me that they were going to offer me the job, but also explained they do not have a full time opening at their store, but did have one like 50 min down the road. She said she could get me in touch with the manager there for an interview, but told me she was highly recommending me so I would basically be a shoe in. A couple days later I had the interview at the other store and he basically left the ball in my court if I wanted to accept the job or not. I was hesitant because this store was an hour away from home, and the other one where I originally applied to was 5 min from my house. So I thought about it because I had another offer from somewhere else as well, and decided the other job would be more of a fit for me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Groton, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process for kohl's was very speedy and respectful. The supervisors and managers were very good and well organized, always had my resume and notes from previous interviews on hand. The interview process for Kohl's was approximately a month, but they always kept me updated and up to date with the paperwork and drug testing. Overall, a very great company so far!

Interview Questions

• In the situation where a person is suspected of stealing, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Fairfield, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly easy. It was more like a conversation. I have experience already so a lot of the questions asked I could relate to. I basically answered the questions with real situations I had previously been through and how I handled them and the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a non productive detainment   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Extremely easy. If you can talk and have some experience in LE or loss prevention, you're set. My interviewer surprisingly called my referrals. My interview was under 30 minutes. If you can/need to, just ask a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• Like I said, if you have the experience, it isn't difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Miami, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and send the manager my resume though email got a call that following morning and asked to come in for the interview the same day! The interview took about an hour with the loss prevention supervisor and loss prevention manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Went easy was looking for around that offer I accepted!

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

Interview

It was simple and quick. Interviewed with the DLPM and then with the store manager, started within a week. They asked pretty "normal" interview questions. Asked about my background in the field and what experience I have. What skills I have that will relate to the job. Also, they asked how long I was planning on staying with Kohl's.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any loss prevention experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Greensboro, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted less than a week later for an interview. I interviewed with the DLPM which lasted about 30 mins. I had to fill out more application stuff afterward. I then had an interview with the store manager the next day. I don't think that happens much, I was the only canadiate that they interviewed and I like to think that I made an impression.

At that point I was pretty sure I had the job. I finished my interview with the manager and I was signed up for a drug test. Officially was offered the job and started a week after being contacted and a week and a half after applying.

Interview Questions

• How do you create professional relationships? Never got that one before. The DLPM asked how I would show how important associate awareness and training was to a manager who wasn't as enthusiastic about loss prevention? What am I motivated by in the morning when I wake up?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The DLPM called me and the salary range was $9-$12 and we negotiated based on my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Albany, GA).

Interview

Began with a telephone interview from the DLPM, and then with the local store asst. manager and manager. All in all it took about two hours. The interviews seem to go well, but I have not been contacted either way (even though there were only 5 candidtaes). This seems to be the new way: a blatant disrespect to people. Simple call or email just to say thanks, but no thanks would be appreciated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Menomonee Falls, WI).

Interview

The interview was nice. They offered a beverage during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Surprise, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Surprise, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

First interview was conducted with the Loss Prevention supervisor, second was done with the District Loss Prevention manager, both at the store where I would work. Was given a conditional job offer on the second interview.