Kohl's Loss Prevention Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Loss Prevention Officer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 1, 2016

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks! Phone interview on a Friday, then in person interview the next Wednesday. Pretty easy questions, as long as you have some customer service experience and a degree you should be fine. The next day I got a call from the location I applied to, and the manager said she didn't have a spot open at the one I interviewed at, but that there was a full-time opening in Laurel. The location I wanted to work at was only 5 miles from my house, and Laurel is like an Hour commute. I interviewed at the one in Laurel which was really more like a conversation because I was already offered the job. I declined the offer because I was offered another job full-time somewhere else.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Groton, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process for kohl's was very speedy and respectful. The supervisors and managers were very good and well organized, always had my resume and notes from previous interviews on hand. The interview process for Kohl's was approximately a month, but they always kept me updated and up to date with the paperwork and drug testing. Overall, a very great company so far!

Interview Questions

• In the situation where a person is suspected of stealing, what would you do?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Extremely easy. If you can talk and have some experience in LE or loss prevention, you're set. My interviewer surprisingly called my referrals. My interview was under 30 minutes. If you can/need to, just ask a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• Like I said, if you have the experience, it isn't difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Miami, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and send the manager my resume though email got a call that following morning and asked to come in for the interview the same day! The interview took about an hour with the loss prevention supervisor and loss prevention manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Went easy was looking for around that offer I accepted!

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in June 2014.

Interview

It was simple and quick. Interviewed with the DLPM and then with the store manager, started within a week. They asked pretty "normal" interview questions. Asked about my background in the field and what experience I have. What skills I have that will relate to the job. Also, they asked how long I was planning on staying with Kohl's.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any loss prevention experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Greensboro, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted less than a week later for an interview. I interviewed with the DLPM which lasted about 30 mins. I had to fill out more application stuff afterward. I then had an interview with the store manager the next day. I don't think that happens much, I was the only canadiate that they interviewed and I like to think that I made an impression.

At that point I was pretty sure I had the job. I finished my interview with the manager and I was signed up for a drug test. Officially was offered the job and started a week after being contacted and a week and a half after applying.

Interview Questions

• How do you create professional relationships? Never got that one before. The DLPM asked how I would show how important associate awareness and training was to a manager who wasn't as enthusiastic about loss prevention? What am I motivated by in the morning when I wake up?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The DLPM called me and the salary range was $9-$12 and we negotiated based on my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Albany, GA).

Interview

Began with a telephone interview from the DLPM, and then with the local store asst. manager and manager. All in all it took about two hours. The interviews seem to go well, but I have not been contacted either way (even though there were only 5 candidtaes). This seems to be the new way: a blatant disrespect to people. Simple call or email just to say thanks, but no thanks would be appreciated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Menomonee Falls, WI).

Interview

The interview was nice. They offered a beverage during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Surprise, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Surprise, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

First interview was conducted with the Loss Prevention supervisor, second was done with the District Loss Prevention manager, both at the store where I would work. Was given a conditional job offer on the second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Edgewood, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

I got a phone call. I came in for the interview in a business suit. I did end up coming in the wrong way and was yelled at by gate guard (which later on in employment I was the one yelling at people at the gate). You want to make sure that you drive up on the left side of the gate. Also, it is a one way. I came through the doors and was sternly greeted at the front desk (who I later found that this stern front deskman was a teddy bear). I waited in the waiting room. The manager came out and took me to the interview room. He asked me some basic questions. I answered and he offered the job right there.