Kohl's Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kohl's (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Took me a while to get into the door here.
Met with a LP Supervisor for an in person interview and then a second interview with the RLPM.
All of the interviews were pretty standard asking about work experience, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Louisville, KY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very short, and sweet. Just had to wait on drug test and background to clear. I sent my resume in and was called for an interview a couple days after submitting it. Met at the store and was not asked a specific set of questions. DLPM did the interview.

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about a week later setting up an interview. Showed up and was given a basic application to fill out. Interview only lasted maybe 10-15 minutes. Pretty laid back, the regional LP person interviewed me. Just described the job and the company and talked about prior experience. Was told that store manager makes final decision and, if selected, I would need to be interviewed again by the manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Denver, CO).

Interview

Phone interview- was rather brief and to the point. Nothing out of the ordinary. Your basic questions of; "Why this company? Greatest strengths and weaknesses.." ect. As long as you are qualified, honest, and respectful...you should receive at the very least a follow-up interview.

Salary requirements not met.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

My interview was over the phone he asked the basic interview questions then made a bunch of promise that were never followed through with and regret taking the job everyday

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bristol, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online. HR called almost immediately after I applied scheduling my interview for 3 days later. I show up at my assigned time, waited, only to have HR come out and tell that it was filled by someone coming back from a leave of absence but to keep checking the website anyway! Seriously, not even a phone call! Never again. NO compassion for applicants

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Basic retail interview process. Applying was a bit different when I applied however that will be changing very soon. Research company first and your location especially for an LP position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult task. What policies did you use? Who did you involve and why? What was the outcome? What if anything would you do differently next time?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Standard interview questions. They read down a list. Where do you see yourself in 5 years, what is your greatest strength/weakness. If they talk to you like a human, and then go, "oh yea I have to read these standard questions", it is probably going well. Be on time and know the company, ask good questions that are open ended. You want the interviewer to talk, talk, talk.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with [insert difficult situation here].?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offered an amount, but since the hiring manager had already told me I was the best out of all the choices I knew I could ask for more. They had to approve it and I got the number. This is corporate they have to approve everything at a higher level. Just ask, if they can't they will tell you. Make them try, if they offer the job they probably do not have anyone else.

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in November 2012.

Interview

I had about six months of loss prevention experience and a year and a half of supervisory experience. I was hired two weeks before Black Friday, and I believe that this is the only reason I got the job. My boss, the district loss prevention manager, had me do a phone interview that lasted about five minutes long. All he asked me was about my previous work experience and if I knew how to do exception reports and investigate internals. He hired me right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. He seemed to be in a rush and just needed someone to start ASAP for the holidays.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am not good at negotiating, so I didn't even try. I know I probably could have gotten a higher pay rate if I tried, so I would say just ask.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Charlotte, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

I sent my resume via email to the District Loss Prevention Manager, and approximately a week later I receive a call to set up an interview. Originally the interview was to be set up at the store that I was interested in working but because I was still employed the DLPM was very helpful in setting up the interview at his office. I went into the interview with another copy of the resume that I had already sent him out of courtesy. At the end of the interview He gave me paperwork to complete a drug test, and said that after I completed the drug test he would get back with me within the week. A week later I received a call from the DLPM offering me the Loss Prevention Supervisor position that I had interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question asked was had I ever made a non productive stop, for every LP this is a difficult thing to talk about.   3 Answers

Negotiation

Since it was my first LP supervisor position I played it safe and took the first offer, if I had more experience than just loss prevention associate/ officer I would have negotiated a high rate of pay but probably only by a couple dollars considering the rate of pay is decent.