Kohl's Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Louisville, KY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very short, and sweet. Just had to wait on drug test and background to clear. I sent my resume in and was called for an interview a couple days after submitting it. Met at the store and was not asked a specific set of questions. DLPM did the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Basic retail interview process. Applying was a bit different when I applied however that will be changing very soon. Research company first and your location especially for an LP position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult task. What policies did you use? Who did you involve and why? What was the outcome? What if anything would you do differently next time?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in February 2011.

Interview

The interview is a two part process in which you meet first with the District Loss prevention manager where they inquire and question about your work experience. This is too see if you know the business and how you worked with you present or former manager. If successful you will meet with the proposed location store manager for an interview for compatablity sake, since this will be a work partner at the location. Store manager interview is very important since this person and the other two or three managers will be your life line. They will help you be successful in the job create good working relationship with them and help them as much as you can and they will help you in return.

Interview Questions

• Which is more important a person walking out with $20 pair of earrings or an associate marking out the $5,000 in tee shirts the wrong way?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied Online. Interview with the DLPM a few weeks later after exchanging emails. Nothing too out of the ordinary in the interview. Experience, Education, Accomplishments, Goals. A week later I met with the Store Manager and it was more of a formality since the DLPM had the final say. Was offered a job a week later.

Interview Questions

• What programs could you implement here to reduce shortage.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Extended offer, based off experience. Accepted first offer since it was in my asking range.

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Standard interview questions. They read down a list. Where do you see yourself in 5 years, what is your greatest strength/weakness. If they talk to you like a human, and then go, "oh yea I have to read these standard questions", it is probably going well. Be on time and know the company, ask good questions that are open ended. You want the interviewer to talk, talk, talk.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with [insert difficult situation here].?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offered an amount, but since the hiring manager had already told me I was the best out of all the choices I knew I could ask for more. They had to approve it and I got the number. This is corporate they have to approve everything at a higher level. Just ask, if they can't they will tell you. Make them try, if they offer the job they probably do not have anyone else.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Charlotte, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

I sent my resume via email to the District Loss Prevention Manager, and approximately a week later I receive a call to set up an interview. Originally the interview was to be set up at the store that I was interested in working but because I was still employed the DLPM was very helpful in setting up the interview at his office. I went into the interview with another copy of the resume that I had already sent him out of courtesy. At the end of the interview He gave me paperwork to complete a drug test, and said that after I completed the drug test he would get back with me within the week. A week later I received a call from the DLPM offering me the Loss Prevention Supervisor position that I had interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question asked was had I ever made a non productive stop, for every LP this is a difficult thing to talk about.   3 Answers

Negotiation

Since it was my first LP supervisor position I played it safe and took the first offer, if I had more experience than just loss prevention associate/ officer I would have negotiated a high rate of pay but probably only by a couple dollars considering the rate of pay is decent.

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

3 separate interviews. 1 with store manager, a loss prevention supervisor, and a loss prevention district manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, they just ask questions off interview guide and note your response.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in February 2008.

Interview

Was contacted via on the phone had brief interview then the following week had a panel interview with a LPM and DLPM. The next was contacted and had an interview with the store manager. After two days later I was contacted and had a phone interview with the Regional Loss Prevention Manager. An hour later was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What in your opinion as a consumer is the reason why you would visit our store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Tustin, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

they called back after applying within reasonable amount of time. They had a phone interview first and then they called a couple days later for one on one and they then offered me a officer position when i applied for supervisor position and they offered $10 which i laughed at!

Interview Questions

• tell about an experience where you went against the norm   Answer Question

money

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Federal Way, WA).

Interview

Typical retail application process.

Received a phone screen (informal phone interview) asking about experience.

A month later, received another phone interview with the district manager.

Turns out Loss Prevention Supervisors don't actually "supervise" anything, and are grunts in the field like a regular agent. He made sure I understood that.

I think he sensed my disappointment because I received a rejection notification 10 minutes later.

Advertise your job better next time. You're looking for an Agent, not a supervisor. Been there, done that. Not doing it again.

He also drilled me about my military obligations. Military discrimination is illegal. Tisk tisk.

Interview Questions

• Why aren't you full time military?   1 Answer
    • Are you interested in the military still?   1 Answer
    • Are you thinking about the military full time?   1 Answer
    • What do you think about LP Supervisor does?   1 Answer
    • We are a little different. Our supervisors don't actually supervise, they are in the field and do the same work as other Agents. That sounds like it might be a problem for you. Is it?   1 Answer