Kohl's MJM Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's MJM Associate Interview Questions

1.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

MJM Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied online. I received an email from recruitment in 2 days to schedule an interview online. Met with store manager and I was hired on spot. I started orientation the following week.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous experience with this position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

MJM Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I recieved an email to schedule an interview and I did for 5 days later. I went to the interview 15 minutes early and told the associate in the help desk i was there for an interview. For some reason they had the correct time for my interview but on the schedule they had me an hour earlier and so they thought I just hadn't shown up for my interview so I had to wait about 10 minutes for a manager to return to do my interview. They interview itself was fairly easy, just basic situational questions and personal questions like what you might answer on a job application. She also asked why i wanted to work and i told her how much i really liked the store and my experiences and how i wanted to be a part of that. She was very nice and asked me if i needed calrification on anything. After the first manager, another manager came and asked me variations of the first group of questions. He also was very nice. He explained the job, the salary, the environment, etc. This interview was honestly really great, enjoyable and pretty easy. After the second manager finished interviewing i was informed the final desicion maker for hiring had left since my interview had been placed at the wrong time so i would have to wait for a call the following week. After that he told me they both thought i would be a great fit for the team and hoped i would be returning soon. He handed over my paperwork and interview answers to the first manager and they were placed somewhere for the hiring manager to recieve. I left but I never recieved a call.

Interview Questions

• think of a time when you had to be in a charge. what did you have to do and how did you do it   Answer Question
    • what kind of awards and recognitions have you recieved   Answer Question
    • if you were with a customer and another approached you for assistance, what would you do   1 Answer
    • why do you want to work at Kohls   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bridgeport, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email within a day or so asking me to schedule an interview.
    They asked for my availability - I put down what I was legally allowed to do, as a teenager, and after fifteen minutes or so of waiting for the hiring manager to speak to another manager about this, was rejected.
    My age was on my application, along with my availability, and if they needed someone to regularly stay until after midnight they shouldn't have chosen me for an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Acworth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Acworth, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email asking me to schedule an interview date about a week later. The interview was extremely laid back. They say that they're really looking for genuinely nice and polite employees, so if you fit that description it should be really easy to get the job. The whole hiring process took 2-3 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Vacaville, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and two days later got an email to schedule a day to interview with them. On the day of the interview I met with the manager, she asked a few questions and in the end offered me other positions that she would love me to try as well. When the interview ended she gave me a small card that says you will get emailed 24-48 hours after the interview to determine if you are qualified or not. 2 days later I got the email with an offer and the orientation date. Overall the interview was a pleasant experience and the manager was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult choice you have ever made and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a moment you had to take lead and how did you manage to do it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Previous work experience will make you stand out.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I was emailed by a manager the day after I applied and was asked to set up an interview. The interview was two weeks later. I had a one on one interview with a manager who told me that he thought id be a good candidate for the job and invited me for a second interview an hour later. The second interview was a group interview and the store manager basically just asked about what he expected of us and asked our availability. A day later I got an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

MJM Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's in July 2011.

Interview

The interview is like a catle call. They heard a bunch of people into a room and explaine the company and ask everyone 2 easy questions and thats pretty much it. Two weeks later they called and offered me the job. 3 other people that interviewed with me were also hired. They are looking to see how you conduct yourself, not very surprisingly the lady that half laid on the table the entire interview was not hired. Dress profesionaly, sit up straight, make eye contact and dont fidgit and you should be fine. Out of the 4 of us that were hired 2 women were looking for a second job and the other woman & myself were stay at home moms looking to get out of the house for awhile.