Kohl's MJM Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's MJM Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Kohl's

1.8

MJM Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied online, next day they called me in for an interview. The interview was pretty easy, they didn't ask questions too difficult. After the interview was finished, the hiring manager told me you're hired and we'll contact you within 1-2 days. A day later I got an email from kohls saying they couldn't follow through with my application. I called the manager to ask what was happening and she had no clue what I was talking about and told me I didn't get the job. So I no longer shop at kohls.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

MJM Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and non-stressful. I had applied online the week before and they called me and asked me if I would like to come in and interview for the position. Once I got there, they took me back into the office where the store manager proceeded to interview me and 2 other people. The questions were standard interview questions (why do you want to work here, do you have any experience working with customers or providing customer service, etc.) They also had us fill out and complete the rest of our applications during the interview process . I received a phone call about 4 days after the interview , offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to provide customer service to someone.   Answer Question

MJM Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's in June 2016.

Interview

The process was really quick and easy. I applied online and two days later got an email to schedule an interview. I scheduled the interview for the following week. When I got to the interview I was called back. (It was a one-on-one interview). The whole interview lasted probably 15 minutes max. It was really comfortable and laid back. Offered me a position on the spot and told me to expect to schedule my orientation within 7-8 days.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied one weekend, and was emailed an invitation for interview Monday. They let you schedule when you want to interview. The interviewer asked basic questions, then got a card and was told to wait for an email about a background check. After accepting the position, it took a few days for the background check to clear, but once it did I got an email asking me to schedule my orientation date. It was very helpful to get to schedule it myself.

MJM Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied online to Kohl's and received and email the next day scheduling my interview for the next week. I arrived 10 minutes early to my interview and the floor supervisor took me back first. she was super nice and wanted me to be comfortable. She mainly asked me about my previous job and why I wanted to work for Kohl's. She asked some situational questions too like what I would do if I needed to help two customers at a time. She really liked me, so she told me to wait for the assistant store manager to interview me as well. The assistant store manager was super nice too and pretty much asked me the same questions as the supervisor. I got my offer letter the next day offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were helping a customer and another customer interuppted and demanded your attention?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Kohl's?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you saw a co-worker doing something unethical and explain how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Aurora, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

The assistant manager took me back first and asked me the typical interview questions. Then I was interviewed by the store manager. For example, they gave me a variety of situations that might happen at work and asked how I would handle the situation. They asked what my previous job was and what the worst and best experiences of it were. They then proceeded to discuss my interview and offered me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Valdosta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was told to come in 5 minutes early so I ended up coming 15 minutes early and my interviewer was still late. The interview went smoothly. She asked me about myself and was extremely bubbly almost annoying happy. Then she started off with the interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell credit.   1 Answer
    • She asked if I were helping a customer and another customer came over what would I do.   1 Answer
    • What was the best thing about your previous job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was asked to come in on a Tuesday, that's their designated "interview/hiring" day as I was told. I went to customer service and was sent blindly to the opposite side of the store. Once I found the room I needed, I stumbled into the person who was interviewing me. Since I ran into her chance, she just started interviewing me right away. It was about 15 minutes of scenarios and basic questions. Then, I was given a postcard with their website and a sentence letting me know they will make their decision within 24-72 hours.

Interview Questions

• Name and time when you had a difficult situation to overcome, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • What did you like most about your last job?   Answer Question
    • Describe your strengths and weaknesses related to customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Austell, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I got an email saying that i had an interview, went to the interview, my manger at the time was nice, got an email the next day saying i got the job! Wasn't too bad

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brewster, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Brewster, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took about a week.
    I applied on Saturday afternoon. I received an email invitation from corporate to interview with Kohl's that Monday. The first available date was on Wednesday, so I took it. I went in to interview, and the manager was very upfront, saying that I was very unlikely to get the job as I was a college student and would be going back to school late August. However, he continued to give me a thorough interview, but continued to say "Oh, don't feel bad if you get rejected" and even going as far as to say I PROBABLY would be, as they were required by corporate to make decisions on applicants within 48 hours. Definitely a lie, as I never heard back. Overall, while the manager was nice, I felt pretty led on and felt as if my student status was the main thing they cared about.