Kohl's Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Moscow, ID) in February 2017.

Interview

The first interview was in person with two of the branch managers. They were both very friendly and laid back. The interview felt more like a casual conversation than an actual interview. The interview was very short and only 15 minutes long. They really just wanted to know why you wanted to work there and what you would add to their company.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work at Kohl's and were I saw my self in 5 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Tucson, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions questions. I met them at a job fair and was selected for an interview that week. Got an email about a week later saying that I was accepted to be interviewed and to use a link to pick an appointment time.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Kohl's (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

I found the position on indeed.com. I had a short interview with a recruiter over the phone and followed up with her via email. I continued to touch base with her weekly until I was given an in-person interview with the district manager. I got an email 10 minutes after my interview with a job offer!

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was basic: Why Kohl's? Why retail? Tell me about your previous positions.   Answer Question
    • Interview with district manager: You will want to have a bunch of SPECIFIC examples of leadership prepared. Why retail?   Answer Question

Trainee Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kohl's (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

It takes two steps maybe, cause I failed on the first one due to the visa status problem, it required us citizen
    I felt so pity....
    Anyway, the interview is good experience, and the manager is so nice, this is my first one to one interview, really learnt a lot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Orange, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Felt rushed by the interviewer. She had a double sided sheet of paper with questions that she powered through.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you didn't finish a job or task.   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in April 2010.

Interview

You start off with a phone interview, basically the usual basic questions. Once you make it through this you are taken into a interview with an actual branch manager and in my case another recent trainee that was alumni was there as well. There they asked the usual questions as well and finally you move into the final phase which is a group panel in which you give a presentation and then later that day you have the one on one interview again. Same questions as before.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were challenged and how you got over that?   Answer Question