Kohl's Manager In Training Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Manager In Training Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.6

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very negative. There were two women and one of them did not seem interested in me at all. She seemed to force my answers to be short when she would look down at her paper and start saying her next question. I did not feel comfortable during the interview and she made me just want to walk out the door. She was not a very good interviewer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (College Station, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was super relaxed and laid back. I originally met them at a Career Mixer the night before the college career fair. I then met them at the Career Fair and they remembered me and were super nice and welcoming.

I had an initial interview on campus that went great! It was standard behavioral questions and wanted to know how I handled different situations in retailing. It was 2 interviewers and myself.

I was then pushed towards a second interview in store and got a store tour! The store manager for that location was the one I was communicating the whole time throughout the recruitment process and was so fun and sweet the whole time. In that interview you speak with the bigger regional managers.

Although, I thought that was going to be the scariest of all, it was by far the easiest! They didn't ask any behavioral or situational questions. Instead, they asked to know about me. Why I choose the school I did and if I enjoyed it. Very interpersonal questions and really sought out to know me as a person. I think they were trying to see if I fit the culture at that point. This one was two interviews. One with the district manager and a store manager and the other was with an HR rep. Great smooth process overall.

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Very straightforward and quick process. Went to a career fair and had on campus interviews the following week. Made it to the second round of interviews where there were two one-on-one interviews for 30 minutes. The corporate office ended up contacting me about two weeks later with an offer and let me choose a start date.

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Straightforward interview process. Met at a job fair at my university and was contacted later asking me to interview. Next was a group simulation with other candidates followed by 2 one-on-one interviews. Very conversational and approachable.

Interview Questions

Decided it wasn't the career path I wanted.

Manager In Training Interview

Interview

Applied online. Took a bit to get contacted about the job. Got emailed randomly one day for a phone interview the next morning. At the end of the phone call, I was scheduled for an interview at the store of training for a few days later. The interview was with the district manager. Was contacted the next day with an offer.

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Tempe, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I met the campus recruiter during the career fair at my university. There was nothing extra special when i talked to her, but about a week and a half later, I received an email from their talentnetwork email -- stating I should apply for their MIT position, and then schedule an on campus interview.

The on - campus interview went phenomenal, and I received an email the following day for their final round of interviews.

The final round was with the store manager and their district manager, and they were very nice. However, I felt like it tripped you up -- since I forgot to take the professional stance and became comfortable in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you had motivate people in you team.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Interview

I did the interview online on my iPad through HireVue where I recorded my answers. There were 5 questions and they gave you 30 seconds to prepare your answer for each. It was very quick and it was really nice that I was able to complete the interview on my own time in the privacy of my apartment

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you made a mistake.
      What were you favorite boss or mentors traits?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Three steps, first met with a campus manager at a career fair, then scheduled an interview with some store managers, and then had a final interview with some district managers at a store. All interviews were complex, they took good notes and really were looking to find the right person for the job. They aren't joking around!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What have you been doing in your career that has made you successful?
      Tell me about a time you failed
      How do you motivate people?
      Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Interview

Glassdoor pretty much sums up all the questions you will get asked, found this site very useful.

What is the Kohls culture?
    How do you manage your time?
    Tell me about a time you failed?
    How did you handle a conflict with a manager?

better offer

Manager In Training Interview

Interview

Interviewed through an on-campus job fair. The interviewers were current store management and a disrtict manager. They asked about my leadership experience, both in work and in school, as well as how I would use my skills in a job setting. Once I made it to the second round, we interviewed in a store with several other candidates. We took a tour of the store and had interviews there.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part of the interview was when they put all of the candidates in a group in fron of the panel and gave us a case study. They asked us to devise a solution to the problem and observed us worknig together in a group.   Answer Question