Kohl's Merchandise Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Merchandise Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was in 2 rounds. The first round was on campus and it was very behavioral/conversational. They wanted to know a lot about you and your experiences. The 2nd round was at the corporate location and was a full day of 3 one-on-one interviews and a group interview. The are really looking to see if you love the company as much as they do. Everyone there really loves kohls and you have to show that.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2016.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly, I fell in love with the culture at Kohls Corporate when I went for my final interview. You will go through a series of 3 interviews as well as a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you used excel before and what do you know how to do in excel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Behavioral Interview Questions. No case study questions yet, those will be asked at the 2nd round interview at headquarters in Wisconsin. We met at my university's undergraduate office where I was seated in a waiting room with other interviewers. Pretty typical questions for first round interview. Wanted to know about teamwork and leadership skills that apply to the world of customer service retail. Honestly didn't ask too much about analytical qualifications.

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Ames, IA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very casual and easy. It was more of a conversation versus an actual interview. Very little "average" interview questions asked. Most of the questions stemmed from things that were said during the previous question. I heard back the next day. Being prepared, confident and yourself if key. They look for people who can work with others in the office. Overall, very great experience. I felt like I was talking to someone I had known for years.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Behavioral questions first round, prepare for a case testing your analytical skills. They want to see how you think. Pretty laid back first interview on campus, basic behavioral questions and questions about my background. On site interview consisted of meeting with 3 interviewers from the purchasing department and then completing a case with a group of 2 other people applying for the same position. Take charge of the group and present yourself as a group leader?

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was very helpful and wonderful to work with. A 10 minute phone call to go over my experience. On site interview, one on one with 3 people- 20 minutes each. A group interview going over a case study with several other interviewees while the interviewers observed us. In one on one interviews, I wasn't really asked anything except tell me about your experience. I did not go in depth into every single little detail as I am a merchant and so were the interviewers. This did not work in my favor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

First round interview was an on campus interview with one situational case study that is given to you to prepare 15 minutes before the interview and the rest are behavioral interview questions. The entire interview took about 30 minutes. A lot of it ended up being very conversational because of the interviewer

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that required you to think analytically.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Menomonee Falls, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Visited with hem at the career fair to then be offered an on campus interview. The on campus interview lead to an interview in Wisconsin at their headquarters. They flew me out and put me in a hotel in Milwaukee the day before the interview. the day of the interview consisted of three separate interviews, a group interview, followed by a tour and lunch at their headquarters

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in March 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at my college job fair and was accepted for an on campus interview. The campus interview consisted of a 30 minute interview with a Merchandise Analyst. After the on campus interview, I was flown out to corporate for a final round interview. The final round interview consisted of 3 1 on 1 interviews and a group interview.

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Menomonee Falls, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

First round was a virtual online interview, I then received an email saying I made it to the last round where they flew me out to corporate. That process was 2 day trip, and on the second day there was 3 interviews and one group case study. I found out the next morning that I got the internship.