Kohl's Merchandise Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Merchandise Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2016

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Behavioral Interview Questions. No case study questions yet, those will be asked at the 2nd round interview at headquarters in Wisconsin. We met at my university's undergraduate office where I was seated in a waiting room with other interviewers. Pretty typical questions for first round interview. Wanted to know about teamwork and leadership skills that apply to the world of customer service retail. Honestly didn't ask too much about analytical qualifications.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Ames, IA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very casual and easy. It was more of a conversation versus an actual interview. Very little "average" interview questions asked. Most of the questions stemmed from things that were said during the previous question. I heard back the next day. Being prepared, confident and yourself if key. They look for people who can work with others in the office. Overall, very great experience. I felt like I was talking to someone I had known for years.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Behavioral questions first round, prepare for a case testing your analytical skills. They want to see how you think. Pretty laid back first interview on campus, basic behavioral questions and questions about my background. On site interview consisted of meeting with 3 interviewers from the purchasing department and then completing a case with a group of 2 other people applying for the same position. Take charge of the group and present yourself as a group leader?

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was very helpful and wonderful to work with. A 10 minute phone call to go over my experience. On site interview, one on one with 3 people- 20 minutes each. A group interview going over a case study with several other interviewees while the interviewers observed us. In one on one interviews, I wasn't really asked anything except tell me about your experience. I did not go in depth into every single little detail as I am a merchant and so were the interviewers. This did not work in my favor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

First round interview was an on campus interview with one situational case study that is given to you to prepare 15 minutes before the interview and the rest are behavioral interview questions. The entire interview took about 30 minutes. A lot of it ended up being very conversational because of the interviewer

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that required you to think analytically.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Menomonee Falls, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Visited with hem at the career fair to then be offered an on campus interview. The on campus interview lead to an interview in Wisconsin at their headquarters. They flew me out and put me in a hotel in Milwaukee the day before the interview. the day of the interview consisted of three separate interviews, a group interview, followed by a tour and lunch at their headquarters

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in March 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at my college job fair and was accepted for an on campus interview. The campus interview consisted of a 30 minute interview with a Merchandise Analyst. After the on campus interview, I was flown out to corporate for a final round interview. The final round interview consisted of 3 1 on 1 interviews and a group interview.

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Menomonee Falls, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

First round was a virtual online interview, I then received an email saying I made it to the last round where they flew me out to corporate. That process was 2 day trip, and on the second day there was 3 interviews and one group case study. I found out the next morning that I got the internship.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohl's (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I was recruited on campus by Kohl's. I went through one on-campus interview and was then flown to Milwaukee for an onsite interview. The first interview consisted of standard interview questions, a few problem solving ones (how many tennis balls could fit in this room, etc..) and a case. The case consisted of assessing the viability of certain baby products for brick and mortar as well as e-commerce. The on-site interview consisted of four interview with various people in the buying departments, followed by a group case with three other interviewees. This case dealt with the logistics of opening small, specialty Kohl's storefronts.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

First interview was 30 minutes on campus and was very conversational. 15 minutes of questions and left 15 minutes for me to ask questions. Second step was 3 one-on-one interviews at their HQ with planners as well as a 30 minute group interview with short presentation of findings (worked on a case study while planners observed).