Kohl's Merchandising Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Merchandising Interview Questions

2.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Merchandise Interview

Interview

Video interview. No interaction just 30 seconds to read the question and 5 minutes to answer the question. Only 5 questions total. For only asking five questions in total and not even getting to meet a recruiter, I thought the questions were too vague and I wasn't able to sufficiently sell myself. Additionally, it was my first time virtually interviewing and I found it to be a lot more awkward than a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most desirable traits of your favorite mentor.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Glendora, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Glendora, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume and application on line. I was called in for a group interview. The manager asked each person to tell a little about themselves. Then she asked ech person in the room a standard interview question. We each answer one question only. The manager and her partner left the room to discuss the applicants for about 5 minutes. They returned and said that ALL of the people present were hired.

The strategy of management appeared to be anyone with availability and a pulse could get hired. They also "demanded" priority of scheduling even though they were part-time positions with no guarantee of hours. In fact my first work shift wasn't for 3 weeks after hiring due to lack of hours avalable.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions asked in an interview. Each one in group answered one of the questions that would normally be answered by a person during an individual interview.   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

very general.. not difficult at all.. general questions.. do you like retail.. do you have retailexperiencecan you follow instructions.. can you stand for long periods of time.. is your schedule very flexible.. do you have customer service experience..have you ever solicited credit from a customer..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negatiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

First were on-campus interviews. We were given a case to fill out then talk about during the interview. The interview was basically all behavioral questions. The second was an on-site interview. They gave you a tour of the office, then you met with three different people, all upper executives, (I met with one of the presidents) it was very intimidating.

Interview Questions

• What is something that Kohl's can improve upon? Give me a time where you made a mistake, how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Applied in person with a paper application. A week later, asked to come in and fill out papers and hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cortlandt Manor, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Cortlandt Manor, NY).

Interview

They called me on a Monday for an interview on tuesdayI had a group interview with 8 other people. They asked a series of normal retail and selling questions asked one person first then we went around and answered the questions

Interview Questions

• They had us grab a random object on the table and sell it. Which was very easy if you have any experience . Almost everyone had trouble answering the questions it was sad   Answer Question

The made a low offer after telling me. That a manager job was opening in a month and they wanted to train me now then promote me.

Anonymous Employee in Seekonk, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Seekonk, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online through Snagajob.com. I got a call the next from the hiring manager who mentioned that website by name when calling about my application. She told me to come in tomorrow morning for an interview. I was with two other applicants during the interview process. The manager outlined all of our job descriptions, the store schedule, and had a few anecdotes about what it's like to work there. She really made it seem like the job is down to earth and that this store is a fun place to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation in terms of pay, though I was able to pick which department(s) I wanted to work in.

Anonymous Employee in Coconut Creek, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Coconut Creek, FL) in August 2008.

Interview

They asked of any prior fast paced work experience. How we would deal with situations. It's been a really long time, but just be cheerful and don't take forever to come up with an answer, and always find something to say. Good luck, Kohl's is pretty awesome...