Kohl's Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.0

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Freight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

So, the job post was for the freight Associate (early morning) position. Typically if you see a post like that, that's exactly what you think they'd require of you. But nope, not this job. It took about a couple weeks before I got the interview email to come in for an interview. I was excited and nerve wrecked all at once. Arranged for my son to be watched, made sure I was at the interview early and ready to go. They had me Sign all the papers about my personal info and Availability that I ALREADY completed electronically when I applied for the job. Finally, I got called in by a manager I'm guessing. She sits down and looks at my paperwork and her face immediately shift. I knew something was wrong. She then says to me, " So, are these the only hours you're available?" And I told her it was (it was all early morning shifts I put as my Availability). She says, "Well the freight truck only comes about once or twice a week, if at all. We require all our employees to work a 6:30pm-11pm shift as well." I was PISSED!! Their job posting is EXTREMELY misleading. I wouldn't have wasted my time applying if the primary position they applied for wasn't the actual position I'd get. What's the point in having a freight position available if there hardly is a freight job to do?! That's so stupid!!! Moral of my review: Call them and confirm what position they are hiring for and what hours they require before you waste your time like I did.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Check in at customer service. Walk back to office for interview. 15 min maybe.

I didn't get the job in beauty, they use that as bait to get more cashiers and will choose favorites for the preferred jobs.

I had to accept the job in customer service.

Interview Questions

• How could my previous experiences help my deliver greatness at Kohls?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

There is a group interview. It was about 4 of us. We were ask 5 questions. The hiring manager was friendly and energetic. The process lasted about 30 mins. I was notified by email the day after if I was hired or not.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted the application and the following day I got an email asking to choose my interview. I had gone through the reviews from glassdoor and had practice all the interview questions that were submitted. I was the only one signed up for that interview time. She asked me several questions. With some of the questions we just had a regular conversation. She told me that I should be getting an email if I did get hired or not.

POS Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview of three people including myself. We interviewed with the store manager. Very straightforward. Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work for Kohl's? He asked each of us separate interview questions. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kohl's over our competitors?   Answer Question

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview is usually in a group setting. Straight to the point questions. Interviewer is more so concerned with hours of availability and work experience. Great entry level job for high schoolers.

Interview Questions

• What are your hours of availability?   1 Answer
    • What is a valid reason for missing work?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any experience in customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

Joint interview. No work related questions, more about how we run our daily lives to understand how we work with others in public. Asked about our reasoning for wanting to work retail but no questions that were expected in a normal interview. It was like a friendly dinner with a stranger.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview they sent people out for "testing" but the people they sent out actually did not get an offer and their interview ended then. But overall it was done professionally

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview with about 6 other candidates. They just went in a circle asking the same questions to each person. Very informal and a bit unprofessional. Most people just answered "I agree to what the last person said."

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

Was a group interview we sat at a table in one of there rooms, they asked us what schedule we could work. After that they basically told us who they were keeping