Kohl's Overnight Freight Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Overnight Freight Associate Interview Questions

1.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Kennesaw, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview, the first thing asked to be done was to list your availability. Then only 3 questions were asked of us then the interviewer took our questions. It seemed more informative than an actual interview.Also It seemed like the job I applied for was already full so they offered other positions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Morton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Morton, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

When I arrived for the interview I was taken to a room in the back near the break room with 3 other people to have a group interview. We were interview by one of the managers of the store. She asked us about our previous work experience, told us what the job that we applied for consisted of as well the pay. The entire process lasted about 30 min. At the end of the interview we were all told that we unofficially got the job but that she had to talk to the store manager about the interview before we were officially given an offer for the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience as an overnight freight associate.   1 Answer

Overnight Freight Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2015.

Interview

Saw they were hiring. Asked to speak with a manager. Spoke with manager about skills, experience, and availability. Filled out paperwork. Went for drug test. Passed - yay! Went for orientation. Did computer based training. Started physical labor.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was a group interview. It was right other people with me. They basically asked us question individually. Some questions they asked us as a group. It was a very relaxed and calm setting. It was easier to talk to people. I've never had a group interview but it was a nice experience.

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Peoria, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. Questions had absolutely nothing to do with my position. It was all sales associate and customer service questions. The interview was done by a sales associate, not a manager. The associate would ask a question and have all of us answer it, then write down her rating of our answer for the "hiring team" (really just a manager) to look at.

Interview Questions

• Describe what customer service means.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation and my hourly rate was not discussed until after I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bakersfield, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Group interview consisting of around eight people. Easy but they chose those who had experience in freight handling which I didn't have. Applied through snagajob and the process took two weeks. Firdt question was decribe oursslves and our availability. then they asked each of us a different question Per person. Ended with why they should hire us.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with someone and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Overnight Freight Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

The hiring was pretty standard. A manager asked questions in the interview. Was asked about my customer service experience, schooling, what I can add to the store, and how you can help the company overall. I was also asked if the "customer" is always right in the retail establishment. Make sure to answer "yes" to that question.

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Elmhurst, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Group Interview with 6-7 other people of different positions. I was only one for freight associate. others were for POS cashiers and sales memeber positions. We all were asked the same questions and mostly answered differently and some with similarity on the yes and no questions. The interviewer asked questions ranging about availability, when i given great customer service, how you deal with irrate customer, Tell something about ourselves and some other questions. Questions required some clear concised answers from top of your heads. Overall it took a decent hour or so for the whole process

Interview Questions

• Is the customer is always right? Answer was YES   1 Answer

Negotiation

Availability and Pay

Anonymous Employee in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Rochester Hills, MI).

Interview

There was a group interview with about 5 other people. We were escorted to an interview room and were each asked a few questions, then asked the positions we wanted, and that was basically it.

Anonymous Employee in Nanuet, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Nanuet, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

There were about 5 different people that came in around the same time to watch a video. Once that was complete we were given sheets to fill out. After that we were each called in separately for an interview.