Kohl's POS Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2016

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

First I applied online. Received a phone call from management within a few days and scheduled my interview. It was a small group interview but was very informal and relaxed. No reason to be nervous and we were quickly put at ease. We were all offered a job immediately after the interview and scheduled our training right away.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit with Kohl's? Try to sell me this "pencil" and convince me that I want it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Berlin, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Berlin, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online about 3 weeks ago, then got an email telling to me set up an interview, which I did for 2 weeks later. I went in, and told the customer service person that I was there for an interview and she took me back to the break room where I had to do an application. Then 10 minutes later a lady come put and brought me to the manager. Very easy, very laid back. She said they will contact me through email stating if I'm hired or not. This happened yesterday so hopefully they will email me.

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in September 2015.

Interview

Kohls emailed me about a month in avdanced to schedule my interview and come in the store. I arrived on Memorial Day and he said that most of the interviewees didn't even show up that day and he said thanks for coming. He complimented how I dressed and he asked me the general interview questions I feel as if it went well. He told me is POS only thing I wanted to do I said I'm open for everything he wrote down my hours I told him for availability. He gave me the card saying how long it would take to hear back. 24-48 hours they email saying you got it or not, I thought I would get it just because most of the people didn't even show up but I didn't lol. Got email saying thanks for taking time and to consider future positions so I won't be apying for kohls anytime in future, thankful enough target called me back and wanted to hire me so I accepted their offer and am waiting for orientation there.

Anonymous Employee in Newburgh, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Newburgh, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 9 other people. I arrived at the interview about 20 minutes early so I had time to wait around. The group interview asked us the standard Kohl's questions "Why do you to work here" "Have you ever gone above and beyond" and stuff like that. I'm not sure for anyone else but they gave me a time for the second interview. The one on one interview was standard. They asked me about my availability. What would an refrence say about you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

There was a group interview. You then call to set up an individual interview. They ask about customer service experience and suggest scenarios you could end up in. You are asked to find solutions to theses imaginary scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working in customer service?   Answer Question

POS Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I had a group interview. Not always the case but it was close to black friday and they were hiring a lot. Two people were there to listen as we answered around in a circle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stow, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Stow, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

I was brought in and interviewed by one person and then after she was done, I was interviewed by another person. They just asked me all of the basic interview questions. When the interview was done, I was told I'd have to wait 24-48 hours for an email stating whether I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went out of your way to help a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Eagan, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied on Snag a job. A few days later they called me o for an interview. It was a single person interview (meaning me and and the interviewer). They asked me general interview questions, which were practiced before hand. I made a mess of it. They called a day later and offered me a job. I accepted

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Elk Grove, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and recieved an invitiation to interview about 2 days later. I was scheldued to interview a week later. I filled out a single paper application before the interview with basic availability information and job history. I got an email within 24 hours with the decision to move forward.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. Store manager was very easy to talk to. We talked about what the manager liked about the store, and gave me the option to pick what position I wanted.