Kohl's POS Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's POS Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Kohl's

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Anderson, IN) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was called back in about a week. They told me it would be a group interview and asked if i would like to attend. I agreed and went in the next day. There were two other girls in the interview with me, there were supposed to be five i guess. The manager took us back to a room where we all sat at a table. He was joking and laughing with us to make us feel comfortable at the beginning. He then told us about Kohl's and how he had come to be manager. He then told us about all the positions so we could decide which one(s) we wanted. He asked a questions and we all answered. He rotated who answered first each time so the same person didn't go first every time. He was really nice and friendly. He was understanding of the fact that our answers would be the same to some of the questions. After all the questions (there were only 13) he asked if we had any questions and then gave us a packet of papers to fill out; consent for background check, references, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about soliciting Kohl's credit?   1 Answer
  • Describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how you handled it   1 Answer
  • Describe a time you went out of your way to help a customer. what was their response?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Gainesville, FL) in August 2009.

Interview

I went to a hotel for a group interview. There were a large amount of applicants present. This store had not opened yet, so we could not meet at the store. I was called in a meeting room with about 10-12 other applicants. After going around the room and asking each of us the same questions, some people were told to leave the room and they would be contacted later. The rest of us were told to stay behind because we were missing paper work. When the others left we were told that we were hired.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton Junction, Mercer, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Princeton Junction, Mercer, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

Standard “first date” style of interview. Because a POS associate works with customers, interviewer wanted to ensure friendliness, assess ability to interact with others. I was disappointed that salary wasn’t brought up by the interviewer, and in the training, many other associates asked the trainer about what their salary was. It seems unusual that a hired employee should discover his/her salary in that way. Other than that, the interview was pretty straightforward and what one would expect for this position.

Interview Questions

• You are absolutely required to work Black Friday and at least two weekends a month. Are you willing to do this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is made very clear that you are unable to negotiate a salary. There is a standard rate (minimum wage), and there’s no deviation from that regardless of level of experience someone may have in the retail industry or educational experience.

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bakersfield, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied in person and was called for an interview 2 days later for the next day. I showed up and found out that it was a group interview. We all went into a room and sat down. He would ask a question and anyone could raise their hand to answer it. They were looking for outgoing people who made an effort to get noticed and remembered. Just smile and try to answer as many questions as you can. You have to act like your a people's person or else you wont get the job. Anyways, I called a week later to see if I got the job. They said they were still doing background checks and told me that they will call me. Another week went by and I finally heard back with a job offer to come in to orientation the very next morning. I went to orientation and started less than a week later!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to go above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were late or would have been late.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Ellicott City, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Ellicott City, MD) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call back the next day. He asked me to come in two days later for an interview. When I got there I learned that it was a group interview. There was 4 people including me. First we filled out all the paperwork and then he started by giving us a little bit of history about Kohls and that specific store. He explained what our jobs would consist of and how much each position paid. The only question he asked us was What does customer serivce mean to you? He then told us that we would get a call in about a week to find out the results on our backround check. Then he looked over everyones availability and experience. He saw that I had merchandising experience and asked me to stay behind when everyone left. He said with my experience it would be better if I worked with the Early Morning Replenishment Team which works from 6am -12pm and puts out all the merchandise that came in on the truck. I said that was fine and he shook my hand and said thanks. I got a call back a week later saying my backround was good and could I come in for orientation two days later. I accepted and have been working there for two months. Pay sucks but the people are good, the work is easy, and its close to home. Management treats everyone great and often buys the store breakfast or lunch.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was asked was what does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Elk Grove, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

It consist of a group panel interview about 15 of us. It took about 30 mins... Went around asking questions. Then a few was called to stay back. I was one of them. We filled out more paperwork and then was called a few days later to orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to change your priorities due to management.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Rochester, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I filled out an application on Snagajob.com. A few days later, I was called in for an interview. This was a group interview involving 2 hiring managers and 15 or so applicants. The group interview consisted of some of the exact same questions posed on the Snagajob app (some were literally verbatim) and applicants were encouraged to draw from their experiences on the job, at school, and in daily life. If you have a particular talent in, say, credit card sales, make sure to plug this when you get a chance to introduce yourself. (I did this and I suspect that this might have been what got me the job.)

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced a conflict with others you worked with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered 7.60 per hour. In this town, pathetically, anything above 7.25 (the national minimum) is considered to be pretty good.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Mesa, AZ) in October 2010.

Interview

Generic customer device interview
    Questions centered around how you personally would handle an escalated customer matter, challenge with a co-worker or time when you need to ask for extra help to complete a project.

If you show your enthusiasm, customer-focused, can-do attitude, you'll be a shoe-in. Also, when they ask if you have any more questions for them ask a question in reference to their "Kohl's Cares" program. Research it on the web and ask something akin to "How soon could I become involved in your Kohl's Cares program?"pic etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle an angry customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

See above for interview advice. All starting salary begins at $7.55 - Although you might want to check out the Kohl's on Raintree as they seem to have higher starting salaries - My ending salary was $7.72 per hour -researching chump change. But hey -- it's a job and if ya like being active and on your feet all day -- go for it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2012.

Interview

Great Interview, No Offer, Very Frustrating! I applied on-line, then the next day I went in to meet one of the managers. The person I spoke with was very friendly and took my name down and said he would pass it on to the hiring manager. Two days later I received a phone call from HR to set up an interview, they did not mention it would be a group but I already knew thanks to this website. It ended up being a group of five. This was the first time I had ever had a group interview and it was not bad. I thought it went great. I even stopped by later to drop off thank you cards to both people who were interviewed us; I have never done this before but decided I needed to for once. They said they would contact us either way to let us know in about a week. My interview was on a Thursday, the following Wednesday I received a letter in the mail stating that although I was very qualified and had many traits they look for that they could not offer me a job at this time. I'm only 40 but I think they wanted someone younger because I have never been so prepared for an interview and it went great, yet no offer, it does not make sense. They said that they would be interviewing the whole next week and we probably would not hear anything from them until that Friday or possible even the following Monday, yet they sent my letter out on Monday and I received it Wednesday. Is it so hard to give someone a phone call, and just tell me before I leave if you don't think I'm a good fit for your company? Really Kohl's why not take some time to train your HR how to treat people. The two that conducted the interviews looked like they themselves were still in highschool, doubtful they really knew what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer/   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Kohl's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Buena Park, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied early Friday morning (4am) later at 10am I received a call for an interview on Monday. I prepared for a group interview because that's what most people on here said that's how the interviews were but mine was 1:1 but there were other people waiting. I was offered the job on the spot all that had to happen was my background check had to pass. I went in slacks and a nice blouse and some flats. **Review the questions that people post on here!!! They really help. Somewhere in the interview mention their 'Yes We Can' program they'll love that. If you don't know what it is research it. Other than that there wasn't really any unexpected questions that you wont find on here. Just go in with confidence, smile, be friendly and show that you are a peoples person.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable soliciting the card?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None