Kohl's Point of Sale Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.1

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Mount Prospect, IL).

Interview

The hiring process was very easy and short. I got a call back for an interview the day after i applied. And got offered a position with in five minutes. The orientation was right away as well 3 days later and started working right away. Although they agreed to give me a floor position during the interview they through me on the register anyway because i had a "good smile". They also did not really train me, when i started or when they threw me in jewelry with a bunch of diamonds.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with convincing people to open up charge cards on the front line?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Manteca, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Manteca, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied 2 weeks ago, got my first interview 3/15/2017 then had my second interview today 3/20/2017. The first interview was alright, was interviewed by the assistant manager and asked mostly "tell me a time when..." questions and barely asked about me as a person and employee. 2nd interview was perfect, was interviewed by the store manager and she made me feel so comfortable and welcomed!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you received instructions that were confusing to you and how did you accomplish those instructions?   Answer Question
    • How do you think you would do with promoting the Kohl's Charge Card?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview is usually in a group setting. Straight to the point questions. Interviewer is more so concerned with hours of availability and work experience. Great entry level job for high schoolers.

Interview Questions

• What are your hours of availability?   1 Answer
    • What is a valid reason for missing work?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any experience in customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chico, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Really simple! It was a group interview for seasonal, 4/6 people got hired from it. The store manager conducts all interviews, and it took maybe fifteen minutes. You must apply online first and then they will call you to schedule an interview.

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I was interviewed before a new store opening a few years ago. It was a group interview with maybe ten people being interviewed and two people conducting the interview. They would ask a question and we would each get an opportunity to answer. I know from working there later that group interviews are typical for Kohl's.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and set up my interview online as well. There were no phone calls/etc. I had a single one-on-one interview with one of the managers where I was asked short, easy questions and was offered a job on the spot. They performed a background check before I was officially hired. They also asked permission to perform a drug test but did not actually have one done.

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I was emailed the day after I submitted my online application, and scheduled an interview right away. The application review and interview scheduling process is handled by corporate, which can lead to some annoyances if you need to change your appointment or something. But overall it went smoothly. Was interviewed by a manager, who was pleasant. She asked some simple questions about how I would handle difficult customers. Next day my previous employer received a questionnaire about me in her email. That afternoon I was offered the job, and half a week later I had orientation.

Interview Questions

• If you were assisting a customer, and another customer walked up to you and demanded your attention right away, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Grand Junction, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email the next day to schedule an interview. Set up interview on 4/20/2016 at 6pm in Grand Junction, CO. I arrived 5 minutes early and waited for the assistant manager at the customer service desk. Waited for about 10 minutes before she greeted me. I waited another 5 minutes in an awkward way while she and another manager talked about the plumbing issues in the building.Warning Flag #1. Asked the standard STAR question.Was told hiring for Cashiers (Point of Sale Associate). I was told they get about 5-15 hours a week. Warning Flag #2. Why hire MORE people so the others get less hours? Made no sense to me. Talked for about 30 minutes and at the end was handed a piece of paper that said to wait 24-48 hours for an email about how it went. Fast forward 5 days later, email with Thanks but no thanks. The salary was a joke as well. Four cents above min wage, a whopping $8.34 an hour with 5-15 hours a week. Good luck living off that.

Anonymous Employee in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Lacey, WA).

Interview

It was a round table group interview. The store manager and customer experience manager conducted the interview.They would ask a question then they would go around the table giving each candidate a chance to answer.

Overall it was a bit intimidating but I understand the time effectiveness of the process.

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied online. It was very basic information only. No annoying questions. I got a call about two weeks later to schedule an interview. They were very flexible with scheduling an interview. It was a group interview with four other candidates. All questions were asked to all candidates, with an alternating order. At the end, while saying goodbye to candidates, interviewer discretely asked some if they could stay. Interviewer then offered job to those candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is an important quality for a retail employee?   Answer Question
    • What's a time you've been recognized for outstanding performance at work or in school?   Answer Question