Kohl's Point of Sale Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Point of Sale Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2016

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview is usually in a group setting. Straight to the point questions. Interviewer is more so concerned with hours of availability and work experience. Great entry level job for high schoolers.

Interview Questions

• What are your hours of availability?   1 Answer
  • What is a valid reason for missing work?   1 Answer
  • Do you have any experience in customer service?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I was emailed the day after I submitted my online application, and scheduled an interview right away. The application review and interview scheduling process is handled by corporate, which can lead to some annoyances if you need to change your appointment or something. But overall it went smoothly. Was interviewed by a manager, who was pleasant. She asked some simple questions about how I would handle difficult customers. Next day my previous employer received a questionnaire about me in her email. That afternoon I was offered the job, and half a week later I had orientation.

Interview Questions

• If you were assisting a customer, and another customer walked up to you and demanded your attention right away, what would you do?   1 Answer

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I was interviewed before a new store opening a few years ago. It was a group interview with maybe ten people being interviewed and two people conducting the interview. They would ask a question and we would each get an opportunity to answer. I know from working there later that group interviews are typical for Kohl's.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and set up my interview online as well. There were no phone calls/etc. I had a single one-on-one interview with one of the managers where I was asked short, easy questions and was offered a job on the spot. They performed a background check before I was officially hired. They also asked permission to perform a drug test but did not actually have one done.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Grand Junction, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email the next day to schedule an interview. Set up interview on 4/20/2016 at 6pm in Grand Junction, CO. I arrived 5 minutes early and waited for the assistant manager at the customer service desk. Waited for about 10 minutes before she greeted me. I waited another 5 minutes in an awkward way while she and another manager talked about the plumbing issues in the building.Warning Flag #1. Asked the standard STAR question.Was told hiring for Cashiers (Point of Sale Associate). I was told they get about 5-15 hours a week. Warning Flag #2. Why hire MORE people so the others get less hours? Made no sense to me. Talked for about 30 minutes and at the end was handed a piece of paper that said to wait 24-48 hours for an email about how it went. Fast forward 5 days later, email with Thanks but no thanks. The salary was a joke as well. Four cents above min wage, a whopping $8.34 an hour with 5-15 hours a week. Good luck living off that.

Anonymous Employee in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Lacey, WA).

Interview

It was a round table group interview. The store manager and customer experience manager conducted the interview.They would ask a question then they would go around the table giving each candidate a chance to answer.

Overall it was a bit intimidating but I understand the time effectiveness of the process.

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied online. It was very basic information only. No annoying questions. I got a call about two weeks later to schedule an interview. They were very flexible with scheduling an interview. It was a group interview with four other candidates. All questions were asked to all candidates, with an alternating order. At the end, while saying goodbye to candidates, interviewer discretely asked some if they could stay. Interviewer then offered job to those candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is an important quality for a retail employee?   Answer Question
    • What's a time you've been recognized for outstanding performance at work or in school?   Answer Question

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I was nervous going into the interview, but the lady who interviewed me was extremely nice and personable. She was trying to figure out if I had the right attitude to work the cashier. She wanted to make sure I made good eye contact and explained myself well. This way I can make the customer happy. She told me after the interview that I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Lawrenceville, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job in August, and I scheduled an interview for the next available spot which was in September (about 2 weeks later). The interview was very straightforward, nothing really surprised me. They will ask questions mostly about how you take initiative, why you want to work at Kohl's, any previous experiences (which I did have), your work ethics, etc

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kohl's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Elk Grove, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Came in, filled out an official application. Was an one on one interview. Asked some simple questions but they were difficult for me to answer since I was super nervous so I didn't get an offer.