Kohl's Replenishment Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Replenishment Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2016

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Edgewood, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a seasonal/peak associate position. Within a day or two I received an email or phone call to go in for a hiring/interview event. I got to the warehouse and there were 20 other people waiting in the room. After a few minutes an interviewer came to get me. In the next room, there was probably 20 separate tables. At each table presided an interviewer and each had a person sitting across from them. The lady asked me a few questions and then offered me the position. I selected which schedule would work best for me for the next few weeks/months. After that, I went to a different section of the room where a nurse made me put a stick in my mouth. The stick was for a drug test, it grabs your saliva and apparently checks for drugs that way. After a few minutes the test was complete and I was good to go. I started a few days later. One guy I worked with for two weeks, he had failed the drug test but was unaware. The results aren't given to kohls until a few weeks after.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a difficult situation/person in the past.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very simple, it probably took if too much 20 minutes, I wasn't feeling nervous at all because the supervisors are so awesome. I came in 10 minutes earlier, I was called to an office and talked to one of the supervisors, her name was Mary Jane, awesome lady very friendly, she asked me about me, about my past experience with retail stores, my thoughts about what it means to give good customer service, questions about how I responded to difficult situations in the past, she asked me about my availability of course, and I noticed they like to see you open minded to be flexible, and possibly change roles or activities around the store. But in general they seem to be very stable.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Baltimore, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online through a website. An invitation to a group interview was emailed to me a week later. Attended a group interview (we were 4 applicants) with two managers at a Kohl's store.
    The hiring process from application to orientation day took around 4 weeks. This is because after accepting the offer and filling out a couple of forms online, a background check was conducted and the results took 2 weeks to come in.
    Orientation day was very laid back. It included a computer-based introduction to the company, a visit to the store and some paperwork to fill out.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my background;
      Behavioral questions relating to customer service and retail industry;
      Last question: why should we hire you?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodhaven, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Woodhaven, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

The power was out when I arrived to my interview so the associate standing outside give me two options: Reschedule or have the interview outside. I chose to have the interview outside. We were interrupted a few times by customers asking if the store was open, which it wasn't.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in November 2013.

Interview

Most important thing is to be able to pass a background check. Most people who do not get hired is because they fail the background check. One on one interview, very basic.

Interview Questions

• The main question asked is What is great customer service? and What's the most important thing you can do to prevent theft? Smile and say hi!!   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was hired for seasonal, kind of take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bowie, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

Very easy process, they usually do group interviews...if you stand out by answering the questions and let your personality show, you should have no problems. If you sit there and do not participate in the questions, then good luck to you. During the phone screen, they will ask pretty typical questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Edwardsville, IL).

Interview

Please be as detailed as possible - including initial communications, planning, and number of interviews. Bonus points for your perception of the people, office, and work culture.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a conflict at work? Either between a coworker and yourself or a customer and yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gig Harbor, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Gig Harbor, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview was held at a hotel, it was almost like a job fair. The first interview was a group interview, and the second one was with the store manager and assistant store manager.

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Lancaster, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

The hiring portion was farily simple apply, wait a few days, get a call to join a group interview. All but maybe one of the six in my group were hired. training took a solid two days (variable by position) and that was it. job shadow for a few days and hit the ground running.

Interview Questions

• None that come to mind. straight forward interview questions (how would you handle this situation, What if this) blah blah pretty easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, just choose a job they are generally pretty flexible to the position you would like.

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Point, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Rocky Point, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Pretty easy,just asked simple questions.The lady was pretty nice to me.She described what I would be doing at the specific job position.She hired me on the spot.Told me right there how much they were gonna pay me.Sign the papers and went on my way.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Kohl's Replenishment Associate Interview Edgewood, MD How have you dealt with a difficult situation/person in the past.
Kohl's Replenishment Associate Interview Ann Arbor, MI How do you prioritize?
Kohl's Replenishment Associate Interview Baltimore, MD Questions about my background; Behavioral questions relating to customer service and retail industry; Last question: why should we hire you?
Kohl's Replenishment Associate Interview Woodhaven, MI The questions were all very simple.
Kohl's Replenishment Associate Interview The main question asked is What is great customer service? and What's the most important thing you can do to prevent theft? Smile and say hi!!
Kohl's Replenishment Associate Interview Bowie, MD How would you handle a difficult customer
Kohl's Replenishment Associate Interview Edwardsville, IL How did you handle a conflict at work? Either between a coworker and yourself or a customer and yourself.
Kohl's Replenishment Associate Interview Gig Harbor, WA Have you worked in retail before?
Kohl's Replenishment Associate Interview Gig Harbor, WA Would you feel comfortable asking customers to apply for credit?
Kohl's Replenishment Associate Interview Lancaster, PA None that come to mind. straight forward interview questions (how would you handle this situation, What if this) blah blah pretty easy.
Kohl's Replenishment Associate Interview Rocky Point, NY Do you know anything about home supplies?