Kohl's Sale Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.0

162 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a email to set up a interview. Went in and was asked basic questions and was told to wait for a offer letter through email in the next 3-5 days

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The made me travel for one hour 20 minutes to get to them then when I got there they had me standing up outside for like 20 minuets the manager come and ask if I wanted to sit inside I said yes anyway he was the one who was to interview me but instead he’s there eating then put some lady who is not a manager to interview and she did asked no questions really all she asked is where I worked before that’s it while I was in the room with her manager and other employees were outside keep a lot of noise they were so disorganized my interview was 1:30 pm them called me in until 2:00pm

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was actually pretty quick. The lady that interviewed was so sweet and made me comfortable. Someone had lost her list full of questions for the interview so she just went off what she remembered. She encouraged me to ask questions and explained the position. By the end of it she told me she'd like to have me as a part of the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Plainfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (South Plainfield, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was quick and easy. Interview was one-one. I was very nervous at the beginning but the interviewer was very nice and laid back. He asked me a few question and told me about the position. At the end he asked if I had any questions and explained that I would receive an email in 24-48hrs on whether or not I got the position. (Indicated I did not get an offer because I am still awaiting their email)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bolingbrook, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I got an email saying Kohl's was interested in setting up an interview. I set it up online, any day and time. The day of I went up to customer service and said I was in for an interview, the employees seemed really apathetic for someone who could potentially be their coworker. A woman came and brought me up to the office area, she didn't talk much except on the walkie-talkie. She didn't really even start a conversation before she gave me a sheet to fill out about my availability and only then did we engage in meaningful conversation. She asked me about myself and we discussed scheduling and that HR would get back to me in 24-48 hours if they were interested in giving me the job. A day later I got an email that basically said unfortunately they were unable to continue with your application. The whole process seemed a bit impersonal but I suppose for a large store with many many employees it can't all be over the phone or in person.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I had arrived 20 mins prior to my interview and ended up getting someones attention about 5 minutes before my interview saying I had an interview. Then once I got in I'm guessing the manager had me sit in the break room and fill out papers on days I can and can not work. Let me mind you that this guy was not a people person, and he was extremely non sociable. This guy did not leave me feeling like I was comfortable talking to him. Anyways, he then guided me to his office where he asked me interview questions. They weren't crazy questions. Very simple and the interview lasted about 10 minutes. Over all it wasn't a pleasant interview on my end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Orange, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

As soon as I arrived at the store I went to the customer service desk and the guy there gave me a paper to fill out my availability.... When I was done with the paper he said you can just go stand there in the corner or go shop around for like 10 mins.....the interview was ok I guess it was a one on one interview. I think there already knew that they weren't going to pick me.... So why waste someones time having them go to an interview if they already know that they don't want you....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Troy, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

Simply filled out the application online on their career website. Was notified two weeks later and scheduled the interview a week after I received an email requesting an in person interview. I walked into the store ten minutes earlier than the scheduled time for the interview. I was expecting someone to atleast come up and escorts
     me to the interviewing office but I had been waiting for an upwards of twenty minutes. Seems like they may have forgot about the interview because a lady that works there had saw me waiting and then phoned someone after seeing me patiently wait for fifteen minutes. Very unprofessional in my opinion. Then a lady walks up to me saying she is the person who is interviewing me. She seemed like she was in a hurry and was occupied with something else because this was greatly reflected when she was interviewing me. As she asked the general questions for an interview, she would avoid all eye contact with me and abrubtly cut me off when I was answering the questions. The interview was done in a matter of minutes (2-3 minutes to be exact) and she simply told me thank you and have a nice day. The woman was completely rude and disinterested with the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bellingham, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty laid back and like any other retail job interview I've had. It wasn't a group interview like I expected. I was told I would get an email within 72 informing me of their decision.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kohls?   1 Answer
    • Have you been recognized for anything at a previous job?   Answer Question
    • When is it acceptable to miss work?   1 Answer
    • What was your attendance history like with previous jobs?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your past work experience.   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable soliciting credit to customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Silverdale, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and recieved an email the next day. The interview was the following week.
    I showed up to my interview 15 minutes early. While waiting, there were staff members going in and out of the door next to me and several gave me nasty looks.
    They ended up being 25 minutes late though Ishowed up 15 minutes early. When I was told to come back, an employee came up to us and pulled the man who interviwed me away practically saying "what I have going on is more important" (the lady who pulled him away was one of the ladies who kept glaring at me, sooo she knew I'd been waiting). That took another 5 minutes. But they were helping someone so I wasn't too worried.
    The man who interviewed me was very rude and condescending. He acted like he had better places to be. It was very disorganized overall. He would talk to me like I was stupid. He didn't even look at my application before the interview. He ended up telling me he wasn't the one doing the interviews and I was the only one because everyone else was busy. So he'd just add his notes on my interview to the stack of others.
    By the end of the interview I was no longer wanting the position because it was an overall terrible experience.